• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hollywood & Vine Character breakfast review....

A M&Asmom

Plus 1 more! T's mom, too.
I had posted on the Theme parks board that we were lucky enough to have been stopped at MGM/Disney Studios this past Friday and asked if we would try out a new Character Breakfast they were doing with the Little Einteins & Jojo's Circus characters for free that day. :cheer2: Of course we agreed. Here is my review.

To start off...there were 12 of us in our group....3 tables of 4, but right next to each other. 6 Adults & 6 kids.

We came to the Hollywood & Vine at about 11:00 and our time was for 11:05. They took my information and told us to have a seat on the patio until they called our name. They were all so nice at the stand so it already started off really good. In about 5 minutes they called us in and sat us. We were right by the buffet line, but it isn't like you are right on top of it so it was fine. Our waiter came right over to see what we would like to drink. He was so nice and smiling the whole time. He went to get our drinks, which came so fast and in the meantime...a few CMs that were part of the show came around to the tables asking all the kid's names and told them they were going to be singing and dancing so they should get up & join along. The characters would be around to the tables shortly.

About as soon as he left...the characters started coming around. The place was full, but they sure stopped by the tables enough for the kids. Leo, Annie, June (no Quincy which dissappointed my ds for about a minute until the manager told him that he had to go to school that day) and then Jojo & the Lion stopped by, too. They signed their books...posed for pics and hugged all 6 of the kids at our table.

The food was wonderful. The first items you came on were bagels, rolls, muffins & fruit. Then you moved on to all the hot items. They had eggs, egg casseroles, grits, ham, sausage, bacon, pancakes, Mickey Mouse waffles, toppings for the waffles such as strawberries, cereal (hot & cold), biscuits & gravy....hmmm am I leaving anything out....

I think I tasted almost everything at least a little bit. My favorite were the chocolate filled rolls (those were so good), the Mickey Mouse waffles, the fruit was nice and fresh, the kids loved the waffles and they scarffed down the bacon. The tried almost all of it also and I don't think there was one thing that they didn't like.

The were alway restocking even though we were one of the last groups to be eating breakfast since it was a late seating (hey can't complain when they gave it to us for free), but then even if I was paying...I still would not have anything to complain about. I don't think one person in our entire group could complain about anything. Even my mother who is a breakfast guru. Everything was perfect. The food was fresh and hot..the CMs & Characters were great....I would HIGHLY recommend this breakfast for anyone with kids who like the Little Einsteins or Jojo's Circus. In fact...Everyone who asks how our trip was...I tell them this was one of the best parts of our trip! :woohoo:

Thanks so much for posting! Lot's of people have been waiting to hear about this new CB, so great that you not only enjoyed it but what a great surprise for free!!!!

Hope the rest of your trip was just as good!!!

I have been waiting for a review of this character meal!! Sounds wonderful. What kind of singing and dancing did they do? We will be going in a month for lunch, would love for someone who had lunch there to give info on the menu.

They sang the hot dog...diggity dog song...the Little Einsteins theme song..& a couple others.

As for the dancing...I don't remember it specifically...I was too busy watching my 3 year old doing her own dance. I think they told you what to do like clapping and such. They had some CMs that did the singing and dancing that weren't in costumes and they had a microphone on so you could hear them.

They had so much fun...I wish we could have stayed longer.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR POST, IT WAS VERY INFORMATIVE. I CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE MY ADRS (JULY 4TH)! MY BOYS ARE GOING TO BE SO EXCITED TO SEE SOME NEW CHARACTERS AT BREAKFAST! :love:

When you walked into the restaurant they had the breakfast going on the left side of the place. The right side was empty. While we were leaving a few people started showing up for lunch so they were just starting to set up the buffet only on that side so I really didn't notice what they were putting out. One thing I do know they had was fried chicken...I know that because I could smell it with my highly sensetive pregnant nose ;) . I wish I would have noticed what they were putting out. If it was anything like the breakfast...I am sure it will be good.

We did a dinner at Chef Mickey's one night and that food was good...so I am sure the lunch food can't be much different.

Thank you for posting this!!! We go on the 3rd and I was dying to hear if they really did sing and dance. Can't wait to see my 3 year old here! (oh and the 8 and 12 will be dancing too! maybe even the baby) :banana:

DS 3 loves the Little Einsteins. We won't be at WDW again until May 2007, but he is already talking about having lunch with Leo and June. He is going to be so excited to hear that Annie was there too! Out of curiousity, how did they do the characters of Leo, Annie, and June? Were they like Cinderella and Belle where you can see a person's face or were they like Jo-Jo or Mickey with masks?

Much thanks! Glad your family had such a good experience! :daisy:

Hooray! Finally a review!!! We are going for lunch at the end of July and the kids are very excited! They will love the singing and dancing part as well as meeting new characters. I was also curious about the cosuming for "Little Einsteins" - Are they "face" characters or in complete suits?

Thanks again for the review.

Great review -- thanks! One question, was the dancing bit low pressure or were they insistent? DS won't want to get up in front of an audience.

Have you ever been to the Liberty Tree Character meal would you recommend JoJo's circus over it if you had. I'm trying to make the most of my table service choices. I'm undecided on a few of my choices.

Thanks for sharing!!! :thumbsup2

Glad to hear that it was a good experience all around!!!

We have ADR's for our upcoming trip!!! :banana:
We have a late breakfast scheduled, so we may be there for lunch also!! :rotfl:

Hope someone posts what is on the lunch buffet as well!! ::yes::

java said:
Thank you for posting this!!! We go on the 3rd and I was dying to hear if they really did sing and dance. Can't wait to see my 3 year old here! (oh and the 8 and 12 will be dancing too! maybe even the baby) :banana:

we'll miss you by a day = we're going on the 2nd!

So glad to hear that it was good. Our DD will be so excited to see June. She loves the Little Einsteins. Are the Little Einsteins in a full face costume or can you see their face?

YAY!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Sounds like we will have fun when we go in August. I'll have to get some Jojo and Little Einstein Videos to rev us up.

Thanks so much for the review!!! And to do it for free - AWESOME! :banana: :banana:

Beth :crazy:

Thanks for the review. I can not wait to see the look on DD's face when JoJo comes over. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter