Hollywood Studios Rope Drop

tjjwis

Earning My Ears
For HS trip on Sunday 1/8, at 7am I plan to buy iLL for RoR and get Genie+ for Slinky Dog so am targeting Tower of Terror and Rock and Roller Coaster at rope drop with my early entry. Normally I would probably do RandR first and then ToT but not sure what would make sense now with ToT operating at 1/2 capacity. Anyone have any recent rope drop experience at HS (outside of the crazy holiday crowds)?

My biggest suggestion is to get there as early as possibly and scope out the shortest tapstile lane. Most people are going to RoR or Slinky, so your Tot and RNR plan looks good to me.

What has worked for us if staying on site and using the 30 minutes early entry we buy iLL for Rise and rope drop Slinky. Then immediately head for Smugglers then back to Toy Story Mania then breakfast break. We don't do TOT every time but would use our first Genie pick for Mickeys runaway railroad or ToT and do Rockin Roller Coaster single rider.

Getting to the park 30 minutes before 30 minute early entry has let us line up with pretty close to the front of the line at Slinky, its a shuffle/walk on if that makes sense (line moves not stopping). Last time they held everyone at the turnstiles instead of letting everyone in and we had a slightly longer wait at Slinky but still worked well. This way your only waiting for either ToT or MRR. Everything else is easier to get with additional Genie picks. This has worked good for us the last 4 trips (Sept, october, first week of December, and January) so not super busy weeks so mileage may vary.

I will be traveling to HS on 1/9 and keep going back and forth for RoR. Since we have a party of 8 it will have us over $100 if we do that first. I thought I heard both sides of ToT were working? We plan to book Slinky rope drop RotR and then head our way back to the front of the park.

I will be traveling to HS on 1/9 and keep going back and forth for RoR. Since we have a party of 8 it will have us over $100 if we do that first. I thought I heard both sides of ToT were working? We plan to book Slinky rope drop RotR and then head our way back to the front of the park
We normally rope drop ROR, but the past 5 times we’ve tried, it was down and didn’t open for several hours. I hope it’s open for you, but have a back up plan ready to go just in case. We ended up going back shortly before park closing to ROR.

I personally did sunset blvd first and did ToT then RandR and both were very short waits while rope dropping. I always do RoR at end of night but that is a risk to take.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter