Hojo Anaheim vs. Park Vue Inn

Kristin Weiss

Mouseketeer
Hi guys! We sadly have to postpone our November trip (again 😞) until the end of February. We were planning on staying at the Hojo (Queen/Bunk Beds), but see the prices for our new dates are a lot more expensive. Park Vue Inn also has Bunk Beds and is super close to the parks. Would you choose Hojo or Park Vue? Considering it will be colder weather, I don’t think we’ll be using the pool facilities. Thanks for any input! We are a family of 4 with 2 10 year olds 😀

Throwing out the pool factor, I would absolutely choose PVI. It's so super close. Hojo feels like it's 10 miles away at the end of the night, and I really don't feel like their rooms are worth what they're charging. Of course, none of the Harbor motels are, but their pricing seems more outrageous to me lately.

Throwing out the pool factor, I would absolutely choose PVI. It's so super close. Hojo feels like it's 10 miles away at the end of the night, and I really don't feel like their rooms are worth what they're charging. Of course, none of the Harbor motels are, but their pricing seems more outrageous to me lately.
Thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate it! I think Park Vue Inn also has breakfast doesn’t it? So that’s another perk.

I've loved Park Vue since my first stay there. Beds are comfy, linens aren't scratchy, and their variety of pillows are nice. The room decor wasn't/isn't my favorite (unless they updated in the last 5-ish years). They had a bright burnt orange 'accent' wall in each room to carry on the Spanish Mission look of outside of the motel. But, the color of the walls isn't really a big deal! Really,the best part is their location. They are *at* the pedestrian entrance to the Disneyland property/gates. Like, you cross 1 crosswalk and you are there. So quick and easy! One time our room didn't pass the "white sock test" but, to be fair, it was their Jacuzzi suite, and it would take a heck of a lot to keep that completely pristine when there's a great potential for wet, soggy carpet. Everything else in the room was sparkling clean.

I've stayed in some rooms that seemed louder than others, but it's Disneyland, there's kids, and kids make noise. Heaven only knows that times that we have inadvertently been the noisy neighbor!

On a side note, and why I will probably always recommend them: they have great very helpful staff. A few examples: my wedding ring fell off somewhere in our room. I realized it was gone as we were waiting for the bus to the airport. Maintenance opened the door and searched the room with my hubs to find it. Another time, we had to get a new bank card because the other one was stolen. You pre-pay the first night at the motel when booking. So, we had paid that first night on the would-be-stolen-in-the-future card. When we arrived, they told us the card had been declined for the rest of the nights. Explained what happened, and they charged the new card without so much of a sigh about the extra work. They called us daily during each stay to make sure we had everything we need. We were there for our honeymoon many years ago. My dad wanted to pay for some of the reservation, but the person on the other end if the phone couldn't figure out what he was asking to do. We got there, the reception person told us about my dad's call and that she couldn't understand what he wanted to do, so she didn't know how to help. Once I explained face to face, she got it immediately and called him back and took care of it.

So, comfy beds. Comfy pillows. Clean rooms. SHORT walk to the parks. Cold Stone Creamery discounts. And a very caring staff.

I've loved Park Vue since my first stay there. Beds are comfy, linens aren't scratchy, and their variety of pillows are nice. The room decor wasn't/isn't my favorite (unless they updated in the last 5-ish years). They had a bright burnt orange 'accent' wall in each room to carry on the Spanish Mission look of outside of the motel. But, the color of the walls isn't really a big deal! Really,the best part is their location. They are *at* the pedestrian entrance to the Disneyland property/gates. Like, you cross 1 crosswalk and you are there. So quick and easy! One time our room didn't pass the "white sock test" but, to be fair, it was their Jacuzzi suite, and it would take a heck of a lot to keep that completely pristine when there's a great potential for wet, soggy carpet. Everything else in the room was sparkling clean.

I've stayed in some rooms that seemed louder than others, but it's Disneyland, there's kids, and kids make noise. Heaven only knows that times that we have inadvertently been the noisy neighbor!

On a side note, and why I will probably always recommend them: they have great very helpful staff. A few examples: my wedding ring fell off somewhere in our room. I realized it was gone as we were waiting for the bus to the airport. Maintenance opened the door and searched the room with my hubs to find it. Another time, we had to get a new bank card because the other one was stolen. You pre-pay the first night at the motel when booking. So, we had paid that first night on the would-be-stolen-in-the-future card. When we arrived, they told us the card had been declined for the rest of the nights. Explained what happened, and they charged the new card without so much of a sigh about the extra work. They called us daily during each stay to make sure we had everything we need. We were there for our honeymoon many years ago. My dad wanted to pay for some of the reservation, but the person on the other end if the phone couldn't figure out what he was asking to do. We got there, the reception person told us about my dad's call and that she couldn't understand what he wanted to do, so she didn't know how to help. Once I explained face to face, she got it immediately and called him back and took care of it.

So, comfy beds. Comfy pillows. Clean rooms. SHORT walk to the parks. Cold Stone Creamery discounts. And a very caring staff.
Thank you!!! So nice that it’s literally at the crosswalk. That’s a huge benefit. I’m so glad to hear about the great customer service you received while staying there. I’m having a hard time thinking about reasons to choose the Hojo over Park Vue!

Thank you!!! So nice that it’s literally at the crosswalk. That’s a huge benefit. I’m so glad to hear about the great customer service you received while staying there. I’m having a hard time thinking about reasons to choose the Hojo over Park Vue!
Three reasons some people like HoJo more than other Harbor motels/hotels:

(1) interior corridors. (Personally I couldn't care less about this. I don't feel any less safe not having a hallway to my room.)

(2) Splash pad/pool/water park. Everything that I've heard regarding their water park is that it's best for the under-10 age group.

(3) Corporate discounts. They used to have truly impressive corporate rates. Like $99/night. But it's much harder to find those kind of discounts now, all the more as they continue their remodel.

We just stayed at both Hojos and Park vue and the exact room types you are looking for. We stayed opening weekend of Disneyland. We have videos on our YT channel along with walks too. Hojo is now charging for parking ($20 + 17% tax). Here is the link.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOs2o-78Wspa3fpoB35qq81604i6JS-JI
We really enjoyed both hotels. Cannot beat the walk from Park Vue! The rooms were slightly nicer at Hojo. It would be a tough choice for us. Hope the videos help!

Thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate it! I think Park Vue Inn also has breakfast doesn’t it? So that’s another perk.
They aren't having breakfast as of my 7/5-9 trip. Might change by the time of your trip.

I haven't done Hojo, but I did PVI for that first time that trip and it was fantastic. I cannot overstate how much the location helps at the end of the day and for taking breaks. And the hotel was very clean and the staff was extremely friendly.

We just stayed at both Hojos and Park vue and the exact room types you are looking for. We stayed opening weekend of Disneyland. We have videos on our YT channel along with walks too. Hojo is now charging for parking ($20 + 17% tax). Here is the link.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOs2o-78Wspa3fpoB35qq81604i6JS-JI
We really enjoyed both hotels. Cannot beat the walk from Park Vue! The rooms were slightly nicer at Hojo. It would be a tough choice for us. Hope the videos help!
Thank you!! I will definitely check your videos out! I’m sure they will help a lot 😀

Does anyone have experience with arriving at the Park Vue Inn early in the day and parking? I understand that check-in is not until 4:00 but some hotels allow you to park for the day, pre-check in and go about your business until time to check-in.

Maybe add Candy Cane Inn to your list. It is our favorite non Disney hotel.

Candy Cane unfortunately won't be open by February --we had a February reservation and they already preemptively cancelled it.

Does anyone have experience with arriving at the Park Vue Inn early in the day and parking? I understand that check-in is not until 4:00 but some hotels allow you to park for the day, pre-check in and go about your business until time to check-in.
I would call and ask. I noticed on their website that the front desk doesn’t open until 7am. It’s not a 24 hour front desk. We stayed opening weekend and I called ahead to ask the same thing. They were ok with us parking early. Not sure it’s the same now, because I know a lot of the hotels are having issues with parking lately. I would for sure call.

https://www.parkvueinn.com/faqs

I haven't stayed at PVI. We have stayed at Hojo dozens of times since 2008, most recently in June. It remains our preferred choice despite the increase in prices over the years and the newly added parking fee. The main reasons we keep going back are:
1. The rooms are very clean and spacious
2. The beds are super comfortable
3. We have had some really wonderful staff interactions
4. The grounds are attractive and the hotel as a whole feels generally well cared for

I am also one of those people who prefers interior corridors. The main negative for me about Hojo is I find a lot of the rooms are noisy, but I am very sensitive to noise and freeway rumble when I try to sleep, and these issues are not unique to Hojo obviously.

For reference, other hotels we have stayed at in the area over the last 15 years are Fairfield Inn, Tropicana, Desert Palms, Candy Cane Inn, Doubletree, Homewood Suites Convention Center, Springhill Suites, Paradise Pier, and Disneyland Hotel. The only places I would choose to stay again are Hojo, Candy Cane Inn, Doubletree (because it was a nice quiet hotel but it's really too far to walk for a multi-day trip) and the Disneyland Hotel (if I was willing to splurge).

Park Vue let us keep our car there until 11pm on our checkout day, so I imagine they might let you park there early too.

We just got back on Weds from our stay at the Hojo. We did the queen & bunk bed room (kids are 5 & 7) which is a great setup for us. Overall we were happy with the hotel. We arrived at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday and were able to get into our room right away. I did notice that the room was very quiet. The interior corridors do make a difference but I also couldn't hear any sounds from nearby rooms. The beds were very comfortable and the lighting in the bathroom (if you care about that sort of thing for make-up, etc) is very good. The kids really loved the splash pad. However we are considering a different hotel (Park View, Best Western, or Tropicana) for our next trip just because the walk did seem long, especially at the end of the day. The only reason we'd go back to Hojo would be for the splash pad, and even that, I think the kids don't have too many more years at it. Since your kids are older & it may be too cold for the pool I'd vote against Hojo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter