Hmmm. What do you guys make of this BOG ADRs glitch...

DLBDS

Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk
I was unable to finalize a BOG ADR online via my laptop and iPhone app beginning at 5:58am. Tried calling in at 7:00am and could never get through. Tried countless times to get a reservation to go through. It's now 9:00am and on a whim I logged back in online just to see if anything would show up in my MDE and, what the heck?!, there are 3 reservations! All on the same day. Two at the same time (11:45). The third overlapped the other two (12:05). I cancelled the 12:05 but when I went to cancel one of the 11:45 reservations I got an error message saying that it couldn't be cancelled online and I needed to call in. Well, calling in was an obvious FAIL. Just can't get through. I refreshed the page and now only show the 2 reservations at 11:45. Again, both are on the same day. I can't help but wonder if these are phantom reservations and they aren't really valid. The main reason I think this is because you shouldn't be able to overlap like this. I've always had to cancel the first before I could proceed with the current reservation. I'm afraid to try and cancel either one at this point without talking to a CM first. What do you guys make of this??

Last edited:
I AGREE 100%. WHOEVER IS RUNNING THE IT DEPARTMENT NEEDS TO BE UPGRADED OR GO THROUGH AN ENHANCEMENT OF THEIR OWN!!!!!

I can't help but wonder if these are phantom reservations and they aren't really valid. The main reason I think this is because you shouldn't be able to overlap like this. I've always had to cancel the first before I could proceed with the current reservation. I'm afraid to try and cancel either one at this point without talking to a CM first. What do you guys make of this??

I've had reservations overlap like this. The system for whatever reason doesn't recognize that I have "existing plans" for that time period and I've had to go back in and manually cancel the unwanted ressie. I think your concern about these "error message" reservations being phantoms is completely valid though. What a mess.

I somehow had 8 reservations at the same time on the same day also! Just cancelled 7 of them and kept the ONE I got an email confirmation on. Hope I didn't just lose everything!
And this REALLY shouldn't be this difficult for a multi-million dollar company!

Last edited:
I am in the same boat too! Woke up at 5am to book BOG lunch for 6/19. Could never get thru the last screen of actually booking. Got mad and gave up after numerous tries. Just now logged into MDE app on phone and it shows I 3 reservations - 1:05, 1:40, and 1:50!! That is crazy!! But I am scared to cancel any of them as I never got any email confirmations. Might wait awhile and try calling in or hope the emails come thru. What a morning! I need another cup of coffee now and a glass of wine tonight for sure!!!!

UPDATE

Finally got thru to Disney Dining and after about a 25 minute hold was able to speak with CM. She was very friendly, understood my issue, cancelled one of the duplicate ADRs and it only took a couple of minutes. She thanked me more than once for calling in to cancel as this reservation is extremely popular. Ya think?! Whew! Got 'er done and feel great. Even stayed on the line to do the survey afterwards. I'm all set for July 17th at 11:45 for lunch at BOG!! Persistence pays folks. Go ahead and call them. They will take care of the duplicates for you. I wouldn't try doing it online yourself though. Just too risky. You might lose all of them and that would just be heartbreaking.

Re the IT layoff.....People keep quoting the headline of that article when the body of the article clearly says Disney did nothing of the sort. And firsthand knowledge in the cruisecritic thread states otherwise as well.

Hmmm. What do you guys make of this BOG ADRs glitch...

That Disney IT department should not be laying off 500 people.

Agree. I am in IT and I will tell you this should not have been rolled out like this nor should it have passed through a QA cycle before going live. It seems to me, imho, that they are sacrificing quality in this area for some added savings on expenses. Sad really. :( Adding new times to an existing restaurant should never have crashed the entire system like this.

I just tried to call Disney Dining to cancel my extra reservations and make sure I have one confirmed one since I sill have not gotten an email even thou it does show up in MDE app. But the person said the reservation system was down again and I would have to call back later. UGH! :(

I just tried to call Disney Dining to cancel my extra reservations and make sure I have one confirmed one since I sill have not gotten an email even thou it does show up in MDE app. But the person said the reservation system was down again and I would have to call back later. UGH! :(

I tried to do the same and got the same response. I was able to cancel my Plaza ADR through the automated system, but did not want to chance the BOG ADR's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter