Hilton Points?

MarBee

DIS Veteran
Hello!
I was looking into possibly getting a Hilton Honors Reward Card. One card offers 75,000 bonus points. I was wondering, how many nights would that get at two hotels I'd be interested in- Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria. Would anyone be able to tell me about how many points per night each charges? (I usually go in July if that makes a difference.)
Thank you!

According to the Hilton Honors app for next weekend with standard rooms:

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek - Reward Category 6 @ 40,000 points per night
Waldorf Astoria Orlando - Reward Category 9 @ 60,000 points per night

According to the Hilton Honors app for next weekend with standard rooms:

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek - Reward Category 6 @ 40,000 points per night
Waldorf Astoria Orlando - Reward Category 9 @ 60,000 points per night

Thanks so much! I appreciate it!

The best way to make Hilton HHonors points stretch is to take advantage of the "5th night free" promotion. All nights must be consecutive at the same hotel. Using this promotion effectively brings a Category 6 hotel to 32,000 points/night and a Category 9 to 48,000 points/night.

The only minor catch is that to qualify for the promotion, you need to be Silver level or higher. Fortunately, the credit card you mention comes with Gold level (which is higher than Silver), so you'll be good to go.

The best way to make Hilton HHonors points stretch is to take advantage of the "5th night free" promotion. All nights must be consecutive at the same hotel. Using this promotion effectively brings a Category 6 hotel to 32,000 points/night and a Category 9 to 48,000 points/night.

The only minor catch is that to qualify for the promotion, you need to be Silver level or higher. Fortunately, the credit card you mention comes with Gold level (which is higher than Silver), so you'll be good to go.

Thank you for the tip!

Citi and Amex both offer Hilton cards and have done 75k bonuses. Neither has an annual fee. If you got both plus a little extra spend you'd have enough points for 5 free nights (with the 5th free benefit). Amex has also done an authorized user bonus for an additional 10k points too.

Hilton Honors also offers special discounts for members. A good example Hilton BC had a members rate of 30,000 pts per nt. Plus since I was a higher level we also got free breakfast. So check their site periodically

Hilton's Orlando properties vary the points needed throughout the year based upon demand. I notice that for both Hilton Bonnet Creek and the Waldorf for the weeks I was considering. The five night promotion is very good, but it's only good for the base room. For example, I am diamond with about a million points due to work travel and one of the credit cards. We are going in October. I booked a two queen suite for 5 nights for my family. It's ~90,000 points per night. The following week the same room is ~120,000 points. I had to use points for all 5 nights. I booked my MIL in a deluxe room for 5 nights and had to use points for only 4 of them. It was 60,000 per night normally, but was 48,000/night for 5. The same room with a Disney view or golf course view would be 60,000/night for all 5. I'm expecting my diamond status will get her upgraded to a Disney view or even a suite. I'm not sure I'll get upgraded from my suite to a suite with two bedrooms. That's possible, but unlikely.

All told, 5 nights, two rooms (including one suite) is going to be around 700,000 points.

Looked again now and my nights would be higher points to book. Seems based upon availability. Book earlier or during a sale when they don't have a lot of rooms booked and the points will be lower. Book later and the points will be more because the they have fewer rooms to fill.

Last edited:
Now and again you will see cash + points offers too.

Haven't seen @ HBC but did book @ the Hilton DTD in the past...a good way to stretch points.

When you call into Hilton may be offered chance to listen to time share opportunity for X # of points. It's painless lol

Easy to check the honors point levels on app or even the website.

The Embassy suites in Kissimmee is 30,000 per night. Great place to stay. The free drinks and breakfast alone make it a great stay. :)

When you call into Hilton may be offered chance to listen to time share opportunity for X # of points. It's painless lol

I spend some time on a frequent traveler forum. Several people has reported that doing this will add you to the Hilton Grand Vacations solicitation list. They received multiple phone calls and found it difficult to get them to stop calling. The general consensus was that the points earned were not worth the hassle.

I spend some time on a frequent traveler forum. Several people has reported that doing this will add you to the Hilton Grand Vacations solicitation list. They received multiple phone calls and found it difficult to get them to stop calling. The general consensus was that the points earned were not worth the hassle.

No problem for us, listened to the spiel several different times after calling Hilton for 'whatever' and never bothered again.

I am registered on do not call list

The Embassy suites in Kissimmee is 30,000 per night. Great place to stay. The free drinks and breakfast alone make it a great stay. :)

Would you stay again? We're looking at staying here bc the ES main gate now has a resort fee

If you are talking about Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista South ......... we love it there and stay any time we can. The hotel to park drive is so easy and around 10 minutes tops. Customer service there is one of the best we have experienced at Hilton (Diamond Members). The suites are very well done as is the atrium. The breakfast is very good with some extras we haven't gotten at others and the Managers Reception has more nibbles that we've ever had .. homemade salsa, cheese chunks, vegetables and dip...

The ES South Lake Buena Vista has a new parking fee as of Oct 1st. It is fine for an overnight or basic stay. Clean and quiet, dark like most ES. Service is fine, never anything superior or poor.

Would you stay again? We're looking at staying here bc the ES main gate now has a resort fee

Absolutely we would stay here again. Also I was wrong on my points per night, it is 40,000 points. Sorry for any confusion on that.

But great property. Spacious rooms. Great breakfast buffet with cooked to order omelets.
I did not know about the upcoming charge for a parking fee. That doesn't make me happy. $10 per day. You pretty much need a car if you are going to be staying here.

If you are taking a family and plan on having a pool day or what not this is probably not the best place. Nothing special about the pool. There are probably other resorts that would be a better fit and more fun for kids. But for adults, great place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter