Hilton Head Island - Tips for getting in for spring?

zach57

Earning My Ears
Hi all, first post on DIS boards!

Been to WDW many times, but have never rented DVC points or stayed at Hilton Head Island resort. My family is looking to book a trip to HHI this spring, but not having any luck finding any availability. I've tried Disney direct, 3rd party sites like booking.com, checked availability on dvcrentalstore.com - all have come up dry. I have read that HHI resort is busy during spring/summer, but wasn't expecting 0 availability.

Any tips or suggestions on where to look for availability for March-May timeframe or are we out of luck this close to the season? Thanks!

Both times I used my DVC points at HHI (not my home resort) for mid April, I had to book right at 7 months. Room availability was scattered within a few a days. If you are looking to rent in the future, I suggest contacting a rental agency at the prior to the 11th month mark. A non owner can book for you at 7 months. You can also check the confirmed reservations at the various DVC rental sites to see if they have a confirmed reservation in the timeframe you are looking (confirmed reservation is a reservation already booked; no changes to dates can be used with those)

Summer is very difficult to get if you are not an owner with 11 month priority. Spring is not as difficult, but spring break weeks are always going to be more difficult than non-holiday type weeks.

Additionally, and something very important with HHI, there are very few studio and 1 bedroom villas. Most of the rooms at HHI are 2 bedroom villas. If you are looking for accommodations other than 2 bedrooms, you are going to have a difficult time finding availability.

Thank you all for the quick feedback!

@aokeefe - great suggestions. I will keep a lookout on the various confirmed reservation lists, and keep the longer timeframe in mind for next year.

@SSRFred - this is great info, I didn't realize most of the rooms at HHI were 2 bed. I was looking for a studio or 1 bed as I have a family of 4 (2 of us being under 4 yrs old) so I will keep this in mind in the future.

@CarolynFH - thanks for the suggestion. Will take a look at the sites you sent. Doesn't have to be Disney HHI, but we wanted to start experiencing some of the DVC resorts so if we can't get in here we may look at a different location.

Additionally, and something very important with HHI, there are very few studio and 1 bedroom villas. Most of the rooms at HHI are 2 bedroom villas. If you are looking for accommodations other than 2 bedrooms, you are going to have a difficult time finding availability.

There are (21) 2-BR lock-offs, which are usually booked as studios and 1BR's. 16 of those are in the main lodge which is the only building with an elevator (meaning the ONLY rooms that do not require stairs to access the rooms) so if anyone needs a 2-BR for mobility reasons, they will get one of those lock-offs. The other 5 are located beneath the (5) grand villas located throughout the resort. There are also (76) dedicated 2BR's so the availability of 2BR's is significantly greater. In fact, over 75% of the rooms at HHI are dedicated 2BR's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter