Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

thanks Kim7Olsen for the instagram photos. All the food looks nicer than what we had 1/10. Glad they have listened to the complaints and upgraded the experience again. I sent them an email and 5 days later got a call from guest services about it. Thanked me for my comments and input and gave me back a credit for some of what we paid. By chance, I was back at Dis when I got the call, spending even more money, so they got it back and then some!!!!

Hi all! I'll be attending tonight and will post photos on Instagram - my username is kim7olsen on IG and my photos are public, so you don't have to have the app nor do you need to have an Instagram account. I'll also use the #highwayintheskydinearound hashtag
Just checked out your photos,they were great!!!

Looks like they changed the soup and offered more apps at trader sams. I was glad to see the blankets for wishes. I worry about being cold!

Hi all! I'll be attending tonight and will post photos on Instagram - my username is kim7olsen on IG and my photos are public, so you don't have to have the app nor do you need to have an Instagram account. I'll also use the #highwayintheskydinearound hashtag

Great shots! Thanks for sharing

Great photos.
Was happy they were doing menu changes, but pea soup .... so green.
Blankets at end a very nice touch.
Question: Did they have the cordials with the desserts?

Yes, the new soup was fabulous. Probably an item that will charge based on what the restaurant is serving that night or week or however often they charge soup

Great photos.
Was happy they were doing menu changes, but pea soup .... so green.
Blankets at end a very nice touch.
Question: Did they have the cordials with the desserts?

Hi all,

I created a Google Album of all of my photos that were on Instagram, as well as others. You can find it at:

https://goo.gl/photos/rT1JKJ2tmW386r1E8

HopperFan, I specifically asked about the Baileys for you! The only cordial was a mixed Baileys & Coffee, and by that point I had already had enough. There was a bottle of Baileys on the drink station, and I asked - they said you could request the Baileys solo, and that people were making their own Baileys and Creme sometimes. There are photos of the pre-made Baileys & Coffee and the bottle in the Google Album.

And the Pea Soup was delicious! One of my favorite items of the night.

Last edited:
Some additional comments on my night at the Dine Around:

1 - this is, in my opinion, definitely worth the money. I really enjoyed the night, and the food was excellent. Even if you don't drink a single drop of alcohol, just the experience itself combined with the great company makes it all worthwhile

2 - I am allergic to shellfish and fish, and the alternatives were great. Instead of the tuna and beet salad, I was given a steak appetizer with teriyaki and wonderful sample of crispy potato coins with cilantro creme fraiche. I was given a double order of the short ribs instead of the short rib and scallops. The cauliflower puree was smooth as silk. Another woman in our group was highly allergic to blue cheese. In the cheese course, she and her husband were given their own table (which made me sad, as I was really enjoying talking to them!) so that there would be no cross-contamination. They has a great sampling of nuts and other cheeses. Disney really knows how to deal with allergies well.

3- Looking back over all of the controversy, I'm so glad that they added the cheese course back in. That was the best time for everyone to sit and talk now that we knew each other well. Since you moved around to a different location from dinner, I got to know a person that was on the other side of my dinner table, and I'm really glad I had that chance.

4 - I can't tell you how decadent the fireworks viewing felt when the blankets were waiting for us on a very chilly Orlando night (in the 40s). We were really truly treated like VIPs throughout the evening. Our CMs, Irene, Mary, and especially the amazing Julie, were so gracious, and all of the staff at each of the restaurants treated us so kindly.

5 - I thought I was going to be disappointed in only having two desserts, but by the time I got to the Wishes dessert party portion of the meal, I was so full, I somewhat quickly had a bite of each dessert and I was done. This is saying a lot coming from me, a huge dessert fan! This was the one time in the night I felt rushed. I wish we could have gotten up there and had tables, and a chance to enjoy the desserts and a warm drink on the deck. It was hard to eat your dessert at the chairs (with your blanket on!) so I quickly finished them off and grabbed a coffee to fight off the cold.

I have to say I loved this experience. And Mutant, I hope you're reading this! It was great to get to meet you and your wonderful family!

Hi all,

I created a Google Album of all of my photos that were on Instagram, as well as others. You can find it at:

https://goo.gl/photos/rT1JKJ2tmW386r1E8

HopperFan, I specifically asked about the Baileys for you! The only cordial was a mixed Baileys & Coffee, and by that point I had already had enough. There was a bottle of Baileys on the drink station, and I asked - they said you could request the Baileys solo, and that people were making their own Baileys and Creme sometimes. There are photos of the pre-made Baileys & Coffee and the bottle in the Google Album.

And the Pea Soup was delicious! One of my favorite items of the night.

Thank you ..... but I didn't want the Bailey's, I wanted the Amaretto that was there when they had 3 cordials. Sigh.

Your review was just what I think many were looking for.

But thanks for the photos that will help many! They are great.

Thank you ..... but I didn't want the Bailey's, I wanted the Amaretto that was there when they had 3 cordials. Sigh.

But thanks for the photo that will help many!
I should have said I specifically asked about the cordials for you! Yes, unfortunately, Baileys was the only choice. I would have preferred Amaretto as well :(

I should have said I specifically asked about the cordials for you! Yes, unfortunately, Baileys was the only choice. I would have preferred Amaretto as well :(

Thank you, I appreciate it!

This event looks fantastic, thanks to all who shared info and pics of their experiences
Unfortunately my dates are booked so I'm hoping for a cancellation.
I'll be in the world March 8-14 for my bday on the 11th.

Nice that people are enjoying this. Have to say, when I told dh about it, including things like 10 minute bathroom warnings, etc., his reply was, "That seems like a distinctly unpleasant evening. For $300 a couple, why not go to one signature restaurant, relax and use the price difference on a great bottle of wine?"

A friend and I will be visiting later this year during the F&W Festival and her comment was essentially the same -- "Who wants to run around on the monorail all night getting a bite here and a bite there and being hustled as a group to the next stop, instead of just settling in for a nice dinner in one location."

I was also shocked at the pictures showing how people dressed for this event -- like they were heading to clean out the garage. Amazing that people can't dress up a little when visiting three or four signature restaurants.

Well, . . . you'll all be very happy we're not booking it -- it will be more space for you!

Nice that people are enjoying this. Have to say, when I told dh about it, including things like 10 minute bathroom warnings, etc., his reply was, "That seems like a distinctly unpleasant evening. For $300 a couple, why not go to one signature restaurant, relax and use the price difference on a great bottle of wine?"

A friend and I will be visiting later this year during the F&W Festival and her comment was essentially the same -- "Who wants to run around on the monorail all night getting a bite here and a bite there and being hustled as a group to the next stop, instead of just settling in for a nice dinner in one location."

I was also shocked at the pictures showing how people dressed for this event -- like they were heading to clean out the garage. Amazing that people can't dress up a little when visiting three or four signature restaurants.

Well, . . . you'll all be very happy we're not booking it -- it will be more space for you!

Different strokes for different folks... that's what makes the world go around! :)

I guess it's the same reason people do Progressive Dinners any time. Disney didn't create them. They are done because it's fun. But clearly not for everyone
I think the emphasis on bathroom warnings is way overblown. They just mention that we'll be heading out soon, in case you have something to finish or need to use a bathroom. It's not all that regimented

Mikat, It was wonderful meeting you! Thanks for posting the pictures. My wife and I are not big drinkers, but had a wonderful time on The Highway in Sky as well. Good group!

The best to you and your wife, it was wonderful to get to meet you as well! I hope it's not too cold back at home. Maybe we will be lucky enough to be at Disney together again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter