HHI LOVERS THREAD

We ordered take out from Ela's - it was effortless to place and pick up the order and their food is amazing! One of the things we ordered was fresh shucked, raw oysters and they were packed on ice on little tin foil pillows so as not to tip over in transit. Highly recommend!
Thanks - we will check out their menu now.

What BEAUTIFUL weather yesterday and today! The beach is gorgeous, the ocean is warm, not crowded at all..pool at the Beachhouse Pool was more crowded than at the main pool, but not over crowded! Had lunch yesterday at Skull Creek Dockside on the patio was delicious..never could get in there at night, 12pm was quite vibrant there, looks like a lot of locals go for lunch..their fried flounder was SO good, good social distancing, masked servers, masked patrons!They also give 10 percent Disney Discount which is nice! is lLast night went to one of our favs, Giuseppes, right by Kroger, masked and gloves Servers, all patrons had masks, are outside lovely! Crowded though by 7pm..so far, this seems like a good week with less kids, most have returned to school by now in the southern states. Masks must be worn everywhere at at resort except inside pool areas. Good social distancing of chairs. Wearing mask around resort gets hot, but if it helps protect us and others from Covid, so be it. Beautiful here, great way to forget about the crazy world !

Last edited:
Anyone know if you can get a fishing charter through Disney or will they let us know how to get one?

@Cowgirl_Jessie..Omg.. What a treat, so delic..we had a great morning walk, always so scenic to see the beautiful boats at yachts at the Harbour..we had a ham and cheese croissant and a chocolate chip almond croissant filled with Custard..so delicious! Yummy..Highly recommend! Thank you again!
That is great; so glad you enjoyed it!!! It is such a gem to have near the resort. Like world showcase treats when staying at YC/BC or BWV.

Crazy Crab for dinner was excellent! Love that you can make reservations!. We had salmon and fried shrimp entrees, so good! Just live the freshness of HH seafood. Cannot get enough! Try the frozen peach daiquiri, so refreshing after a sunny day at the beach!

Anyone know if you can get a fishing charter through Disney or will they let us know how to get one?
[/QUOTE[ While walking yesterday right by the resort at the Harbour, if you follow the sidewalk past Scott’s Restaurant, all the way down at the end, we saw a Tour Desk and some people asking questions about various tours. I glanced and saw a sign that said kyacking, different boat tours and there were people waiting for what we thought was a tour. Try that..hope that they have what you are looking for!

Last edited:
Anyone know when the last time that HH went through a major refurb of soft goods? Units are showing their wear..carpets look very dated and worn.

Last edited:
Last night at HHI! 8-) 8-) Gorgeous day and weather yesterday, Ocean again was so warm, clean , not one piece of seaweed again!!Enjoyed the beach under our umbrella for about 5 hours! Much too hot and sunny to be on beach without umbrella.
What a LOUSY noisy Last night from upstairs neighbor whose child was running back and forth from 730 to 10pm..I finally fell asleep only to be awakened at midnight with this child running AGAIN! Are you kidding? I pity the people IF this family lives in a condo or apt who is below them. We usually are lucky enough to get a 3rd floor request, but wound up on second floor!
Come on, be a little considerate to others! IF you can’t control your child from running in a resort where there are others trying to relax and enjoy the resort, stay home until you can learn how to control your child!
Unreal!:(:(:(

I finally fell asleep only to be awakened at midnight with this child running AGAIN! Are you kidding? I pity the people IF this family lives in a condo or apt who is below them. We usually are lucky enough to get a 3rd floor request, but wound up on second floor!
Come on, be a little considerate to others! IF you can’t control your child from running in a resort where there are others trying to relax and enjoy the resort, stay home until you can learn how to control your child!

Boy, do I feel for you. We also had always gotten top floor (3rd) until last year, when, like you, we got 2nd floor in the Main Lodge. Never Again! Hope the running ended at some point.

Last night at HHI! 8-) 8-) Gorgeous day and weather yesterday, Ocean again was so warm, clean , not one piece of seaweed again!!Enjoyed the beach under our umbrella for about 5 hours! Much too hot and sunny to be on beach without umbrella.
What a LOUSY noisy Last night from upstairs neighbor whose child was running back and forth from 730 to 10pm..I finally fell asleep only to be awakened at midnight with this child running AGAIN! Are you kidding? I pity the people IF this family lives in a condo or apt who is below them. We usually are lucky enough to get a 3rd floor request, but wound up on second floor!
That is always such a bummer on vacation to be woken up or kept up by upstairs noises! We started packing a white noise machine to take to Disney Resorts for this very reason! You just never know if you are going to have loud walkers/runners above you!

Anyone been to both Fishcamp and Crazy Crab at Jarvis Creek? I think they might be sister restaurants but I can’t decide which one we should go to! Anyone recommend one over the other or should I just try and go to both? We have done skull creek and black marlin so wanted to try something new by the water.

Anyone been to both Fishcamp and Crazy Crab at Jarvis Creek? I think they might be sister restaurants but I can’t decide which one we should go to! Anyone recommend one over the other or should I just try and go to both? We have done skull creek and black marlin so wanted to try something new by the water.
Crazy Crab for dinner was excellent! Love that you can make reservations!. We had salmon and fried shrimp entrees, so good! Just live the freshness of HH seafood. Cannot get enough! Try the frozen peach daiquiri, so refreshing after a sunny day at the beach! We ate inside, she gave us a window table overlooking the creek. The outdoor patio dining is very loud as they had a band out there.

I just wanted to pop in and say that we just today booked our annual Spring Break trip in March.
We had to cancel March 2020 - our trip was supposed to begin the DAY that the resorts announced closures.

It feels good to have an official HHI countdown again - I genuinely cannot wait to see the Cast Members again, and - coming from the Philly area, we ALWAYS look forward to our Publix visits LOL - my DH is obsessed with their iced tea.

hello!! We just booked HHI over spring break and coming out of Philly as well.We are still vacillating on whether to go— do you mind letting us know how you get to HHI, why you like it so, etc? Thx!!!!

I prefer Fishcamp over Crazy Crab. To be fair though, I have only been to CC once but have been to FC multiple times. I usually order fresh oysters and I just felt like they were (as was the cocktail sauce) "fresher" at FC.

Of the two, Fishcamp is superior despite belonging to the same restaurant group. In fact, Fishcamp is one of our go-to restaurants. We first ate there perhaps three years ago, and we've returned at least five times since. Every visit has seen excellent service, fresh seafood, and lovely views. Of all the places we've patronized for raw oysters, they have far and away had the best and freshest selections over other places we've tried including Black Marlin, Poseidon, and Crazy Crab. Currently, they're doing an excellent job at using social distancing measures, as well.

Anyone know when the last time that HH went through a major refurb of soft goods? Units are showing their wear..carpets look very dated and worn.
It's been a while. According to a quick search, maybe 2014? They're supposed to be going through a full refurbishment in 2022 according to Blog Mickey. Whether that happens now, :confused3?

Last edited:
hello!! We just booked HHI over spring break and coming out of Philly as well.We are still vacillating on whether to go— do you mind letting us know how you get to HHI, why you like it so, etc? Thx!!!!

Hello!!

So our trip last year was a Saturday to Saturday run - and at that time American Airlines flew directly (saturday's only) from PHL to HHH (hilton head airport) which was 10 minutes away from the resort. I don't know if AA still runs that route direct anymore though?

This year, our trip is Saturday to Friday and we will be leaving PHL and flying into SAV (savannah airport) - renting a car (you should definitely always have a car) and then driving to Hilton Head - it's only about 45 mins away. We will probably spend some time in Savannah as well just to walk around until closer to check in time, maybe grab some grub.

We have also driven from Philly to Hilton Head - it wasn't terrible however....i prefer flying. And even post COVID, I still prefer to fly.

As far as why we love it so much - how do i count the ways hahah - I'm fully a WDW person, I would live there if I could, however WDW is not really a "vacation" vacation. It's a really fun time, I absolutely love it, but I wouldn't say I relax a whole lot (also I have a small child so there's that).
But in Hilton Head.....we relax.
So:
1. Truly relaxing - 2 pools, access to beach, hammocks galore, rocking chairs and huge balconies, marsh and spanish moss and all of the charm of south carolina with hidden mickey's everywhere.
2. You can do as much or as little as you want - there are activities literally all day, run by the amazing Cast Members. It's like being on a Disney Cruise except on land.
3. The Cast Members - they get their own reason why we love it. By the second or third day they knew us by name. They befriended my son and helped him overcome his fear of the slide. When he finally went down they made an announcement and crowned him King of The Slide - gave him a button too and some candy. Then the same cast member stopped by later with a postcard from "mickey mouse and minnie mouse" saying how proud of him they were, and a stuffed animal. It was basically the most perfect moment.
4. Room size - we've stayed in one bedrooms (going to do a 2 bedroom our next stay bc we are bringing friends) and it's like your own apartment.
5. Nature - I woke up one morning, after making coffee, and went to our balcony to sit down and chill - I saw movement in the waters in front of our balcony....it was a group of manatees. I couldn't believe it. I woke everyone up and we just stared at them bopping up and down in the water. We went on a dolphin cruise that picked us up right at the Disney Boat Dock on the resort, and saw schools of jumping dolphins just right next to the boat. Cassie (CM) does/did the Naturalist walk around the island (free to sign up) and you can see all kinds of amazing things all over.
6. Golf - we're golfers - Hilton Head has some amazing golf courses and p.s. FUN mini golf a short drive away.
7. the restaurants off site - great food options! best BBQ (one hot mamma's) i've ever had, awesome seafood, there's even a really good mexican restaurant just across the little walking bridge from the resort. in that same area, there's a KILLER french bakery that we would hit up in the mornings for some fresh treats.
8. pre-COVID they had someone named B'Lou come to the community hall area in the main lodge and do magic shows, tell stories and just generally entertain - kids loved it and so did we. They also did board game rentals which was so much fun (but have been temporarily discontinued, along with the marshmallow roasting and campfire time)
9. this is going to sound silly but - DVD rentals. Yeah i know - we can always stream whatever and who uses DVD's anymore.? But my son thought it was the absolute coolest thing in the world that he could walk down to the Mercantile and pick out two DVD's to watch, all by himself.
10. pin trading, corn hole, shuffle board, dole whip, mickey waffles, mickey pretzels, did i mention dole whip? also you can fish, and go crabbing, i seriously can talk about this place all day. In fact I talked about it so much I convinced our friends to join us in March.
Here are some pics from our most recent trip (august last year)....

Attachments

• breakfast.jpg
    breakfast.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Disney boat dock.jpg
    Disney boat dock.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 13
  • dole whip.jpg
    dole whip.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 12
  • dvc sign.jpg
    dvc sign.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 12
  • hammock.jpg
    hammock.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 12
  • main pool.jpg
    main pool.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 15
  • mickey pretzel.jpg
    mickey pretzel.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 18
  • patio one bedroom main lodge 2nd floor.jpg
    patio one bedroom main lodge 2nd floor.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 17
  • pool house.jpg
    pool house.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 17
  • putting green.jpg
    putting green.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 17

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter