• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hey Danny25

Hi danny25 and thank you firvallyour help and knowledge in the past and now:goodvibes I'm not sure if this has already been asked, but we are going Nov. 16-22. Is that considered fall or winter and do you know of any discounts for that week yet? :):)

Hi danny25 and thank you firvallyour help and knowledge in the past and now:goodvibes I'm not sure if this has already been asked, but we are going Nov. 16-22. Is that considered fall or winter and do you know of any discounts for that week yet? :):)
hi, nothing yet, and that time frame is late fall:thumbsup2

For example AKV studio value view for August 15 to 30, 10 points per nigth at 10 $ per pont it¨s 100 nigth, BWV it{s the same price for a studio, YES you can rent a DVC studio for the price of a value mu friend I¨m correct :thumbsup2

We are staying in a value studio at AKV in June for 9 nights on rented points for $1330. We priced AllStar Sports for the same 9 nights and it came to $1599. POR was $2032.

No, just go to any of the Guest Services locations at any of the parks or Downtown Disney and you can pick up your package tickets up to 3 days early.

This is no longer true! Do NOT plan your vacation around it, or you will be very disappointed!

This is no longer true! Do NOT plan your vacation around it, or you will be very disappointed!

We just picked our tickets up 3 days before our package started at Thanksgiving. We did it at AK guest services. Did something change since November? I know if you ask at your hotel that they are not able to do it.

We are staying in a value studio at AKV in June for 9 nights on rented points for $1330. We priced AllStar Sports for the same 9 nights and it came to $1599. POR was $2032.

Where do you find such a great deal renting points? Whenever I looked at the cost is was always much higher.

Where do you find such a great deal renting points? Whenever I looked at the cost is was always much higher.

On the rental boards here on DIS. We found an AKV owner renting for $11 a point. Most on here are renting now for $12 pp. The point total for the studio was 121 for the 9 night so if you rented for $12 it would only be an additional $121 which is still good.

We just picked our tickets up 3 days before our package started at Thanksgiving. We did it at AK guest services. Did something change since November? I know if you ask at your hotel that they are not able to do it.

Thanks for this! I was starting to get nervous!

OK...starting to get very nervous. Thought I would price out a vacation using a TA that Mousesavers suggested because they advertised a fall special starting Sept 12th that included dining. She emailed me back stating if we booked with her, because we are a large group, she could get us a group rate, but if FD came out, we couldn't switch. I explained I was just pricing out options incase they don't have FD. She then responded saying she wouldn't count on FD this year at all because Disney is having no problems filling up rooms with the discounts they are offering right now! That really crushed my hopes of FD for our trip...possibly moving offsite now :(

Hellooooooo my friend and welcome to the Haunted Mansion, opssss, sorry, thank you for your preference over the others 24 Dannys :rotfl2:,now talking seriously, like my friend BLACK562 have answered to you, your dates are excluded from the fall offer sorry about that, but you must plan your vacation always around August 26 to catch that wave of discounts, your dates are in the middle of 2 offers and I afraid that you can´t get any discount to your dates. If you will pay rack rate you can rent points at a DVC and stay for the price of a value in a deluxe style resort, or check the prices at one of the downtown disney area resorts.
Like always don´t forget that you will be at DISNEYWORLD and with or without discounts you will have the most magical vacation on Earth, ok :banana:

Here are my thoughts...we too are booked Aug 15th through the 23rd at POP...If there is a discount great! But, if there is not a discount, fine. Where we are staying, most likely the discount would be "Room Only" and our discount would only be around $150. If that's the case....keep your promotions Disney and hopefully folks will follow the discounts and the parks will be slightly thinned out that one week. I would think most folks that are flexible will book during a promotion....POSITIVE THOUGHTS!

I do not know who told you that or why you think it can't be done, but it most certainly can. The info on the process is in post #15 section I of the ticket sticky...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

I would be extremely cautious about this. Right NOW package passes can be picked up at GS up to 3 days ahead of time, but no one knows what will happen when the new Magic Bands are rolled out. It is entirely possible that passes won't be usable until the package actually begins.

I would be extremely cautious about this. Right NOW package passes can be picked up at GS up to 3 days ahead of time, but no one knows what will happen when the new Magic Bands are rolled out. It is entirely possible that passes won't be usable until the package actually begins.

Perhaps, but my post was to someone who said it is no longer allowed, which is not true. Cheshire Figment will keep us up to date with what is and isn't allowed, including the Magic Bands. If something changes, we will be the first to hear about it. :goodvibes

OK...starting to get very nervous. Thought I would price out a vacation using a TA that Mousesavers suggested because they advertised a fall special starting Sept 12th that included dining. She emailed me back stating if we booked with her, because we are a large group, she could get us a group rate, but if FD came out, we couldn't switch. I explained I was just pricing out options incase they don't have FD. She then responded saying she wouldn't count on FD this year at all because Disney is having no problems filling up rooms with the discounts they are offering right now! That really crushed my hopes of FD for our trip...possibly moving offsite now :(

I have a friend thats a travel agent that also said she was told that she wouldnt bank on free dining this yr! With the roll out of fantasyland and other things they are booking nicely. Im hoping they are wrong because if their not I screwed my self because I was there last august and didnt book the bounceback because we were going in FEB but the weather was so cold we didnt do much so were trying to go back for at least 7-8 days the end of august hoping for free dining!! ughhh why do I torcture myself?:scared1:

Hellooooooo my friend and welcome to the Haunted Mansion, opssss, sorry, thank you for your preference over the others 24 Dannys :rotfl2:,now talking seriously, like my friend BLACK562 have answered to you, your dates are excluded from the fall offer sorry about that, but you must plan your vacation always around August 26 to catch that wave of discounts, your dates are in the middle of 2 offers and I afraid that you can´t get any discount to your dates. If you will pay rack rate you can rent points at a DVC and stay for the price of a value in a deluxe style resort, or check the prices at one of the downtown disney area resorts.
Like always don´t forget that you will be at DISNEYWORLD and with or without discounts you will have the most magical vacation on Earth, ok :banana:

Visiting Disney in November what are your thoughts on free dining and if so when will we see it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter