Here's what a little PIXIE DUST can do ....... a dining review+pics COMPLETED!!!!!

I heard that the Mickey Bars get really messy, which does not bode well for me :)

I am such a slow eater so the Mickey Bar gets really messy during the summer months - the Cookie Sandwiches work better, no chocolate falling off! :love:

Lol, same here. Do you also find that you notice the melted chocolate half an hour later, thus making you think you have been walking around chocolate stained?

Oooh check out my PTR, which is now up an running, in my sig :)

.......... still day 29, Sept 12

Late lunch at Wolfgang Puck's Express (yip - AGAIN!!!!!!)

After enjoying the MK until the VERY last minute, we headed back to the parking lot to pick up our car and drive over to Downtown Disney for one last lunch at WPE and spending our last two CS credits!

When we arrived we were amazed to find the restaurant rather full at around 3pm! We ordered our food, picked up our drinks and found a table.

IMG_3756.jpg

IMG_3755.jpg

Yes, we did it again - we were boring and chose some of our favourite dishes! :rolleyes1 Tom had the Chicken Tortilla Melt - Spicy all-natural chicken, onions, sautéed red and yellow peppers and oven-roasted tomatoes tossed with tortilla sauce, topped with mozzarella, rolled in a warm, all-natural garlic focaccia bread. He loved it!!!!

IMG_3753.jpg

IMG_3754.jpg

And I had another BBQ Chicken Pizza - All-natural chicken, mozzarella, red onions, tomatoes, chili oil, cilantro and sweet and tangy BBQ sauce. The cook was a bit too generous with the cilantro, but after picking some of it off it was perfect. Spicy, moist chicken, gooey cheese - hmmmmmmmmm :cloud9:

Dessert was a must - can't go home without a final taste of ..........

IMG_3757.jpg

IMG_3758.jpg

My beloved Creme Brulee!

IMG_3752.jpg

Well, that was the end of our dining credits and we had done it AGAIN! Used them ALL!!!!! :woohoo:

So what did we actually cost Disney?
WPE = $ 43,80
22 CS credits = $ 390,30
24 TS credits = $ 858,80
24 snack credits = $ 78,30
all in all = $ 1371,20
(only accounting for the things covered by the DDP!! Not covering any items purchased OOP)
FYI - had we paid for the DDP it would have cost us - $ 960,- We ate for $ 1371,20!!
For us the DDP definitely works!

Next up - not so yummy airplane food!

Do you know, when I walk past WPE I will think of you :) If we can squeeze it in, might even get a pizza to share :)

Lol, same here. Do you also find that you notice the melted chocolate half an hour later, thus making you think you have been walking around chocolate stained?

Oooh check out my PTR, which is now up an running, in my sig :)

Do you know, when I walk past WPE I will think of you :) If we can squeeze it in, might even get a pizza to share :)

Same here about the chocolate stains! :rotfl2: And they are always in a place where it is visible to everyone! ;)
How sweet you will be thinking of us walking by WPE! ;) :lmao:
You will so LOVE WPE - they have stunning salads if you don't want to have something as heavy as pizza! We went by so many times, but once we made the decision to give it a try we were hooked!!!!:cloud9:

Lol, yep. Am also the same when I eat pasta, I am always vigorously wiping the sides of my mouth so I don't get sauce stains.

Will try and take pics too so you can reminisce :)

....... still day 29, Sept 12

Not so yummy airplane food!

Guess I have to finish off this dining review the way I started it, with airplane food!
Once we had finished our meal at WPE, we went back to OKW, changed into "European fall clothes" and picked up our luggage to go to the airport. After an uneventful drive to the airport we returned the rental car, and went to check in - heck the line at Lufthansa is always LOOOOOOOONG! Once we were checked in we had some time to kill, so we strolled through the airport, found a Krispy Kreme and picked up some to take with us, just in case there would be nothing edible on the plane! Well, I had one doughnut right away! :rotfl:
The plane took off on time and about two hours into the flight we were served dinner.

IMG_3765.jpg

A small Caesar salad as a starter

IMG_3769.jpg

Slightly overcooked pasta with two kinds of sauces - not so yummy at all

IMG_3768.jpg

I guess this should have been Tiramisu, but it was a rather dry and tasteless little cake - didn't eat more than a spoon full!

We took some sleeping aid and dozed off for a few hours!

Woke up and it was

Day 30, Sept 13

We woke up just in time for breakfast.

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3771.jpg

I don't like melons :sad2: so I just picked out the grapes and pineapple

IMG_3773.jpg

IMG_3772.jpg

The roll was stale, COLD and anemic, the butter was frozen solid and when we had finally managed to spread it most of the inside of the roll had been distributed all over my jeans.

IMG_3774.jpg

The omelette was surprisingly nice. Soft and hot and fluffy. We landed at 11am in the morning and had another 3 hours to kill before we could board the next plane to our home town, Linz.

So we went to the restaurant and had what I was really longing for ............

IMG_3775.jpg

a HUGE salad - we could have easily shared this because we both could not finish our portions! Well, next time! ;)

We arrived back home in the late afternoon - it was considerably cooler in Austria and it was back to work the very next day! :scared1:

And this, my friends, concludes my Summer 09 dining review!
See ya all again, very soon, hopefully, once I get my pre dining report for February 2010 up and running - only 20 more days and a few hours until we leave! :cloud9:

:wave2:

Lol, yep. Am also the same when I eat pasta, I am always vigorously wiping the sides of my mouth so I don't get sauce stains.

Will try and take pics too so you can reminisce :)

Oh, you sound so much like me!!! :laughing: I hope you do a dining review too! I love doing my dining review as much as doing my trip report - which you can find on my homepage!

Thank you so much for taking your time and sharing your food report with us. I have enjoyed reading and looking at all the pictures. I LOVED your food report and I can't believe you will be back in 20 days...I can't wait to start reading that one. I'm sure you have all your ADR's planned already.

Thank you so much for taking your time and sharing your food report with us. I have enjoyed reading and looking at all the pictures. I LOVED your food report and I can't believe you will be back in 20 days...I can't wait to start reading that one. I'm sure you have all your ADR's planned already.

It was my pleasure having you here! :flower3:
As for the next trip - I have had my reservations all in place and was very happy with them until I found out TODAY that Disney decided to change park hours (and EMHs), so I need to give it another look to find out if we have to change some more things! ;)
Don't you just love it when they decide to change hours just 20 days before you leave, but I should have been warned - they did the same thing last February! :rotfl2:

I am sad that your reviews are over! I must say that I do like hot dogs but only if they are burned & crispy on the outside! That one from Casey's didn't look all that good! I do love their corn dogs though!

Say it isn't so! I will miss your reports:sad1:

Thank you so much for sharing!

Hurry up and have another fantastic trip in Feb, take lots of pics, and come back and tell us all about it!:surfweb:

Thank you for sharing with us!! I really enjoyed reading your reviews!! I hope you have a terrific February trip, as well as your one in August/September! Eagerly awaiting the next two sets of reviews!!

Oh Karin, I am sad this TR is over! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading along, and am so glad I "stumbled upon" your report all those weeks ago!

This might be a hard question.....but of ALL the meals you have discussed in your report, what was your favorite??

Looking forward to your next report!!

It's sad that your reviews are over :sad2:
Can't wait to see your next batch of reviews. Hope you have fun planning for the next one :woohoo:

Oh, you sound so much like me!!! :laughing: I hope you do a dining review too! I love doing my dining review as much as doing my trip report - which you can find on my homepage!

Oh yes I shall do a dining review as this is the first time we have ever done the Deluxe Dining Plan so will be taking lots and lotsa pictures.

Gosh I can't believe its all over. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your reviews which were plentiful and mouthwaterly fun to read. Thank you so much for sharing :hug: You must let us know when you start your PDR :goodvibes

Awww its over.
Really enjoyed reading all you food reports. youve done a fab job, will have to keep an eye open for future reports. :goodvibes

I felt like this when the Lord of the Rings trilogy finished! Can I pre-subscribe to your next report? :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter