We were at the Studios yesterday, the day Rise of the Resistance was down all day, and while it was crowded for sure, we had a good day.

We did get there early - we got in line at the parking lot toll plaza just after 8. By the time we parked and walked in the line for Slinky Dog was already at 60 minutes, but we skipped it and walked on to Toy Story Mania with a posted 5 minute wait, and then waited 35 minutes for MMRR, and then walked on to Muppets.

By this time the lines were up, so we just relaxed with coffee, tried out Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy for the first time just because we had never done it, and then grabbed lunch, and waited about 30 minutes for a second go round on TSM.

We left around 2, took the Skyliner over to Epcot, made one full circle of the park stopping for Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land, and then got a cider flight and relaxed for a little while.

Skyliner back to the Studios, where we had dinner outside at Rosie's, got in one last ride on TSM (can you tell it's our favorite?), and got into the posted 60 minute line for Slinky Dog. We actually only waited about 40 minutes, which timed out to be a sunset ride (beautiful!) and then we took our time leaving, so we could enjoy the cool breeze and the lights turning on in the park.

We were sad not to ride Rise, but it was still a really nice day.

We’re at the YC right now. It’s our last full day. We found crowds to be the same as a normal September (sometimes more crowded in areas & parks). Lots of teens (lots of just graduated hats, etc), more EVC (compared to Feb & Sept ‘20) & large groups are in the parks.

We tried for ROTR Monday morning & got an error message, tried again at 1pm, got one but the number wasn’t called. We tried again this morning & no luck, so we ordered room service & have been lounging in our room. 😁

Mask compliance: in line, a lot wouldn’t put it on til reminded by CM, sometimes multiple times, on rides, lots of noses once the rides take off, in bathrooms, mostly off, in restaurants & stores most people are wearing them, in resorts, noses peaking out when out of sight of CM. As for how many people are wearing masks while walking around parks, I’d say less than 95%.

Social Distancing: basically nonexistent.

Restaurants: Everywhere we’ve eaten the food was good & the service was too. We also noticed a lot of people are shadowing servers because they are training. I think that’s a good sign Disney is gearing to be at full operations soon.

I also want to share I overheard a couple of CM in WS, who were wearing the uniform seen in other locations, telling fellow CM that was their last day in WS. So maybe we’ll be seeing our international CM back soon in WS. Also, I am so disappointed with the lack of authentic merchandise available in the most of the WS stores. Disney used to have multiple items from the country, now it’s mostly Disney themed stuff with exception of the China & Japan pavilion.

All but 2 of all the CM we have come into contact with have been nice & seemed happy. They are all working so hard & some people are making their jobs a lot more difficult than it has to be. I try to go out of my way to be nice.

Buses in the morning are crazy. So we’ve avoided them in the mornings by taking a cab. In the afternoons we’ve taken the bus back to the resort. It hasn’t been bad. I think because people leave at different times & there are bars to make a line, so no stressing who was there first etc. The only sad part was our bus drivers had to, multiple times, tell people to put their masks on properly, sit down, hold your stroller, & eventually get up, go towards the people to get them listen. And this wasn’t just one family on the bus. Even at a red light she had to call out to some families. Sad.

All together we’re having a nice time and I think Disney will be completely back to normal by October.

I’m not sure if this is new, but they removed the social distancing stickers from the overflow Seven Dwarfs Mine Train que. Other attractions still have them on their overflow and the SDMT stickers are still in the main que.

DH and I have been here since Sunday. Crowds walking around the park have not been bad. Seems more people are maskless while walking around. Besides one family who ate and drank the majority of the wait in queue at Pirates everyone else we saw is complying with the requirements.

Ride waits for the headliners are ridiculous. ToT was 90 minutes the other night with only one side open. We did not do it, as we have already done it on previous trips. We did wait an hour for MMRT, cute, but would not wait again. Smugglers Run was posted at 45, waited 35. First time for us and we loved it, though our piloting skills need work! Had a backup for RoR but it did not happen. A disappointment, but hopefully we get the chance in January.

As for those that feel it is much better without fast passes, we totally disagree. We never waited more than ten minutes for an attraction with FP, were always able to refresh and get another ride almost immediately. Sometimes we got lucky with a FOP or mine train, sometimes not. But we were happy to be doing something. Standing in line for more than 30 minutes is rarely worth it to us. Maybe once shows and rides are open at full capacity not having fast passes will work, but for now it is horrible!

But, as always, having a wonderful time.. Weather has been perfect, CMs very helpful and just glad to have a break from the real world!

I’m not sure if this is new, but they removed the social distancing stickers from the overflow Seven Dwarfs Mine Train que. Other attractions still have them on their overflow and the SDMT stickers are still in the main que.

View attachment 576631

View attachment 576632

I wondered how the spots where all those stickers were was going to look when they finally removed them. Hopefully they can come back and power wash at some point.

Any recent animal kingdom experiences? Are they still opening before posted opening? And what all is available at that time?

tryjng to get there early so my toddler can ride Kilimanjaro without a long line. Last month it was down the entire time we were there.
We went AK yesterday. We got to the turnstiles at about 7:10, 50 minutes before park opening. Got right in and followed everyone else back to Flights of Wonder which was a 20 minute wait by the time we got in line at about 7:20. Rode Na'vi River afterwards with zero wait. Then back to Expedition Everest that was a 10 minute wait, we rode that twice. Dinosaur was next with zero wait. Safari I will add was a 70 minute wait this whole time. We ended up grabbing a popcorn and drink and taking a break, Safari was at 60 minutes with the que being outside snaking all the way back by Tusker House. We ended up leaving before riding Safari, we just didn't feel like standing that long. Total bummer.

If you aren't into FOP, then get on Safari first because it definitely got a long line early on that was still over 60 minutes when we left at 1:00.

My family has been here since the 15th and we have hoppers and have been rope dropping every single day. Mostly we would do 2-3 headliners in the morning then take an afternoon break at the resort. At night we would park hop to another park and ride less than 30 minutes wait. The parks have a huge crowd and we really do miss FP. We've rarely waited more than 10~15 minutes with the fast pass system and we came here knowing that we could spend lots of time waiting. We've spent a lovely evening going around Epcot WS after 7 pm doing the Spike map and watching Voices of Liberty.

As for the mask compliance in the lines, there are some that would blatantly not adhere. However, 85% would adhere. Definitely, social distancing is almost gone. However, we noticed when we follow the social distancing stickers, the group behind would most likely catch on and follow. If you are uncomfortable and maybe you are concerned b/c your young child is yet unvaccinated, I would stay away yet. We are a family of four who are all fully vaccinated and at times, some people's behavior made us shake our heads. The weather has been extremely nice this week and so thankful for it. Nice weather with relatively low humidity makes wearing masks much easier. We were worried about wearing masks in the heat so came with about 150 disposable masks for four of us but I think we went through about 2~3 each per day per person.

Most parks opened 40~50 minutes before the official opening time and that's where we did 2~3 headliners with no line or minimal wait. We've tried doing some headliners in the evening but most are more than 30 minutes and after more than 20+ trips, it's not worth standing that much to us. Most wait times are pretty accurate maybe 5~10 minutes plus/minus.

For anyone there now at MK, have you noticed if the silhouettes are available on Main Street?

I know they were operating during the COVID times if you showed them a picture, but are they back to business as usual (i.e., posing for photos)? That's the one souvenir we've missed each trip so far.

For anyone there now at MK, have you noticed if the silhouettes are available on Main Street?

I know they were operating during the COVID times if you showed them a picture, but are they back to business as usual (i.e., posing for photos)? That's the one souvenir we've missed each trip so far.

I was at MK yesterday and saw a family getting it done off the little alley on Main Street.

Bus times- still recommending getting to the bus stop 90 minutes before official opening? Assuming you want to be at the park when it opens?

After a long car trip, we tapped into HS at 615.

Rode Swirling Saucers 4 times. Posted wait 15–actual 5. Masks and distancing great. Rode SDD twice. Posted 50 one time with actual 23, other posted wait was 40 and actual wait 18. Distancing...not any. CMs enforcing masks at entrance and at loading—even told a gaiter guy he would not be allowed to ride until he changed masks. About 75% compliance, but a lot of chin straps or just not even wearing one—it was always adult males for some reason. We had a group of 4 college age guys behind us who were major back creepers and 2 had chin masks. DH (fully vaccinated, 5 ft 5, avoid confrontation at all costs) stayed back and DD8 and I moved up to make space for her. It was outside and very breezy so I felt OK, but it did make me reassess about standing in long, indoor lines. They did not load anyone next to DH. We mobile ordered Docking Bay at 715 to pick up at 8. Ate at the outdoor seating near Docking Bay at 8 and were the only ones sitting outside...nice to spend some time in Galaxy’s Edge as the sun went down. Starting heading out at 830. I felt like we accomplished a lot and had a great time for less than 3 hrs time. Actually more masks walking around I thought there would be—maybe 20%. It was nice for DH to walk and finish his beer on or way out! Today is pool at SSR and will do MK in late afternoon

We went AK yesterday. We got to the turnstiles at about 7:10, 50 minutes before park opening. Got right in and followed everyone else back to Flights of Wonder which was a 20 minute wait by the time we got in line at about 7:20. Rode Na'vi River afterwards with zero wait. Then back to Expedition Everest that was a 10 minute wait, we rode that twice. Dinosaur was next with zero wait. Safari I will add was a 70 minute wait this whole time. We ended up grabbing a popcorn and drink and taking a break, Safari was at 60 minutes with the que being outside snaking all the way back by Tusker House. We ended up leaving before riding Safari, we just didn't feel like standing that long. Total bummer.

If you aren't into FOP, then get on Safari first because it definitely got a long line early on that was still over 60 minutes when we left at 1:00.

Great report. I think the only side note is I don't believe Safari has been opening before the park opens - so early arrival would really just get you a good place in line versus actually riding something before park opens. :)

Disney Springs was a mad house last night. Since it’s outside, there weren’t many masks, so it really felt like a pre-Covid visit to DS. That was my first time since early 2020 in a true shoulder to shoulder crowd. Pretty wild to see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter