We (wife and 2 girls ages 10 & 12) are planing a split stay with UOR in early August with 4 park days in WDW. We do not plan on buying the hopper tickets (in a non COVID world we always did) so we have 1 day at DHS. Is it extremely difficult to get Rise of the Resistance boarding passes? What strategies do you all do in order to be able to get one?

We (wife and 2 girls ages 10 & 12) are planing a split stay with UOR in early August with 4 park days in WDW. We do not plan on buying the hopper tickets (in a non COVID world we always did) so we have 1 day at DHS. Is it extremely difficult to get Rise of the Resistance boarding passes? What strategies do you all do in order to be able to get one?

This thread is very helpful. https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...planning-and-information-no-spoilers.3782822/

The thread is helpful and will at least put you on even footing with others attempting, but there is still more demand than availability and it is very much luck of the draw. Our first trip, we did everything recommended and got boarding group 2 and felt like we had mastered it. Next time, struck out with no boarding group at all. Just go in mentally prepared that it is hit or miss so you are not disappointed.

NOW you tell me :crazy2:.

I’m sure I’ve said it before or on other threads. I also find the last 3 hours to be the best time

The thread is helpful and will at least put you on even footing with others attempting, but there is still more demand than availability and it is very much luck of the draw. Our first trip, we did everything recommended and got boarding group 2 and felt like we had mastered it. Next time, struck out with no boarding group at all. Just go in mentally prepared that it is hit or miss so you are not disappointed.

I haven’t been very lucky at getting boarding groups lately. Was too slow on May 4 and couple tries before that, but got it on May 11!

I’m sure I’ve said it before or on other threads. I also find the last 3 hours to be the best time

I haven’t been very lucky at getting boarding groups lately. Was too slow on May 4 and couple tries before that, but got it on May 11!
I think part of it is increased park capacity. Another big part is more guest awareness. Most people get it now and know they have to be on right at 7am whereas before there were a lot of people who just thought it worked like fastpass and they could just show up and get in the standby queue. Plus when we first went, you had to be physically checked in to the park before you could attempt a pass, so that gave an advantage over people who dragged their feet and didn’t make it on time. Now folks can just do it in their hotel room or from home if they are local.

I agree! We found early arrival got us two attractions without horrible lines. Then it was pretty much miserable with lines other than an occasional shorter line for something like star tours or TSM. We mostly just walked around, took in shops, and ate. We noticed a pretty significant reduction in crowds from 4-8 with the last hour or two a great time to get in a couple of the big rides (SDD is much better around 7 or so than any other time).

We were there this past week and pretty much there is not social distancing. The Cm tried to remind people but people just push and shove on top of you in line. Literally touching you! Ewww. I don’t want some nasty stinky person touching me or my child! Masking was so so in line, though I saw a literal lace mask on a local. She thought it was absolutely hilarious. 🙄. I thought she was trashy. But ya know... different strokes? We determined that AK and HS are literal crowd nightmares while MK was still very manageable and we never waited long for anything and were able to do multiple repeats of the big attractions. We determined that there is just more to DO there. AK and HS have very little open so what IS open is a mob scene making the park a hell hole. We shared this feedback with them, in detail rap since I got a survey about this very issue! It was like they bugged our room! 😂 on the whole though we had a great time, lots of fun and we are glad we went.

It actually wasn't the end of the night. The park was open for another two hours.
I know - when I said I had luck at 8:30pm, the park closed at 10pm. It's busy like that from 9pm-ish until roughly an hour after park close - ie, "the end of the night". But it's not busy at basically any other part of the day.

Absolutely no masks at seaworld required, none.

That’s for a different thread. But here’s theirpolicy if anyone is interested. It’s for vaccinated guests.

Based on the recently announced guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, we are modifying our policy regarding face coverings at SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando, and Discovery Cove. Face coverings will no longer be required for guests at SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando, and Discovery Cove who are fully vaccinated in accordance with CDC guidance. We will not require proof of vaccine, but ask our guests to respectfully comply with our revised policy. All SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando, and Discovery Cove park employees will be required to continue to wear face coverings at this time. The safety of our guests, Ambassadors and animals in our care remains our top priority. We will continue to monitor and address this changing environment as necessary.

That’s for a different thread. But here’s theirpolicy if anyone is interested. It’s for vaccinated guests.

Based on the recently announced guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, we are modifying our policy regarding face coverings at SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando, and Discovery Cove. Face coverings will no longer be required for guests at SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando, and Discovery Cove who are fully vaccinated in accordance with CDC guidance. We will not require proof of vaccine, but ask our guests to respectfully comply with our revised policy. All SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando, and Discovery Cove park employees will be required to continue to wear face coverings at this time. The safety of our guests, Ambassadors and animals in our care remains our top priority. We will continue to monitor and address this changing environment as necessary.
It would be great if WDW were to adopt this policy also...

We go next week and have 4 park days planned. I have day 1 and day 3 with MGM (I will never change) park passes. If we don't get ROR on day one, we have day 3 to fall back on. If we get it day 1, we may move day 3 some place else.

Plan on hopping to EPCOT every night after late afternoons at the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter