Just back. Things I noticed; it varied by park what I overheard CMs saying to guests, but in the main it was underscored that the masks are to go on once in the attraction area proper; so for example, when you enter in under a ride marquee, that's when the masks go on. The more popular rides are where people tended to throw all social distancing out the window. Crowds were nowhere near pre-covid levels, IMO (we had days before the availability increase and days after). Fantasyland is where I would most notice the difference. Pre-covid it was a madhouse, cheek to jowl, no room to move, etc... by contrast there was never a time in Fantasyland on this trip where I felt hemmed in (early morning is still your friend).

This was my first trip during covidtide, and I was really impressed overall that Disney handled it the way they did. One thing I noticed that people didn't seem to realize; the original 6 feet distancing markers take into account 6 feet in every direction, not just in front of you, or in back of you. So, people kept better distance front and back, rather than side to side (not Disney's fault, as the original stickers are spaced correctly to keep 6 feet from side to side as well).

The weather was fantastic, and I love the Castle additions. Mobile order worked well.

As @CampbellzSoup posted:

The only places where they were strict both days at AK were Kilimanjaro Safari, Gorilla Falls Trail and Festival of the Lion King. Otherwise it felt like a free for all and almost back to normal. We saw very few people wearing masks in public areas that don’t require masks. Eating and drinking while walking are allowed.And social distancing was not being done.

On the other hand, at queues and attractions there was still decent adherence, I’d say 90% wore them correctly.

I haven’t been to other parks yet, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same.
Truthfully, I'm not really concerned with outside common areas. I'm actually relieved not to have to wear a mask outside next week. But for my kids, one of whom just had her first vaccine and the other nothing, I'd feel far more uneasy if people weren't mostly still wearing masks in lines. it's good to hear that people are, for the most part, following the rules in that respect.

We were at Disney Springs yesterday (Tuesday the 18th). I was surprised that at least 25% of the people walking around outside were wearing masks. I really wondered how many of them were wearing them by choice, and how many just didn't know the rules had changed. I heard no announcements and saw no signage letting people know.

... since masks are most likely still mandated on the boats.
Since the boats are categorized as "transportation," I would say masks are definitely still required on them (at least for now) since that was one of the areas they still list in the mask requirements.
In addition, many entertainers went on to find work elsewhere.
We saw a marriage proposal in Galaxy's Edge outside Docking Bay 7. The girl said "Umm, yeah, I guess so..." not sure how long that one will last.

For those who have been in the past week or so after the mask mandate lifted, can you note what the park entry procedure is like (apologies if it's mentioned elsewhere in this thread or forum - I looked around but didn't see it). The Disney pages mention masks needed when entering the park - are masks pulled up the moment you start in line to enter, or just as you approach the entry gate? Are there still security bag checks or are they all via X Ray now? Are the scanners for MagicBands or the phone app still active as before where you hold it up to the sensor - and I assume they waived the fingerprint part of the procedure? I haven't been back since March 2, 2020 just before it shut down, and will be back over July 4th weekend, so I'm just trying to get a feel for how it will be handled - I will not be wearing a mask except where necessary, so just getting a feel for how the entry works.

For those who have been in the past week or so after the mask mandate lifted, can you note what the park entry procedure is like (apologies if it's mentioned elsewhere in this thread or forum - I looked around but didn't see it). The Disney pages mention masks needed when entering the park - are masks pulled up the moment you start in line to enter, or just as you approach the entry gate? Are there still security bag checks or are they all via X Ray now? Are the scanners for MagicBands or the phone app still active as before where you hold it up to the sensor - and I assume they waived the fingerprint part of the procedure? I haven't been back since March 2, 2020 just before it shut down, and will be back over July 4th weekend, so I'm just trying to get a feel for how it will be handled - I will not be wearing a mask except where necessary, so just getting a feel for how the entry works.
I'm here right now. We didn't need our masks on when entering the park. Just when you get in line for rides (regardless of whether the line que is inside or outside). And on the rides themselves. Also on all transportation (boats, monorail, busses). At the skyliner you are told to mask up as soon as you enter the que. For the busses nobody seems to be wearing masks in the que.

No fingerprint , you just tap your magic band or phone. Also no bag checks, you walk through an airport type scanner with your bag on. If something triggers it you step aside and they check your bag. Yesterday my daughter got her bag checked at both MK (cellphone battery charger tripped it) and at Epcot (glasses case). Not needing fingers scanned or every bag checked makes getting into the parks so quick.

**I will add the skyliner is nuts. Last night at Epcot at about 9 the line stretched back to Beach Club. My daughter and I decided to get on a bus to MK or Springs at Beach Club and transfer. Standing for long periods of time is very hard on my back. This worked well and we got back to AoA pretty quickly. Talked witha lady in the food court this morning and she told me it took an hour and twenty minutes to get on the skyliner at Epcot last night. If we go back to Epcot I'll be taking a bus back to AoA to avoid that.

Thank you for the info. I'm not too surprised at the Skyliner line - I actually like to take it when I stay at Boardwalk to go to DHS, or just to head to the other hotels like Caribbean Beach or Riviera...but I won't need to use it this trip. I'm staying at Saratoga Springs, which works out well for this July trip which I'll be doing solo...I'm mostly just there for photography, walking around, and seeing some scenery other than my hometown after over a year! So I'll be on complete relax mode - no rush to get anywhere. I'm a little disappointed some of the boat transportation isn't running as that's one of my favorite relaxation moments - I prefer a boat to a bus whenever possible. I do lug a camera bag with me, so that's why I was curious about their entry procedure and bag-check process. When staying at Saratoga Springs, I usually walk over to Disney Springs and hop a resort bus to get to the parks via the hotels nearby that let you walk in from there.

Not saying it happened in your case but couples have been known to “propose” in the parks but aren’t serious about it. Some just need attention. :crazy2:

Dan
Methinks that reaction suggests the girl’s idea of romance was not the same as the guy’s. I guess we know who is the bigger star wars fan there! Reminds me of when guys propose on the Jumbotron at the sports game and you can just see in face that this is NOT the proposal of her dreams.

Had they been fakers/attention grabbers there likely would have been a more enthusiastic response by the girl.

**I will add the skyliner is nuts. Last night at Epcot at about 9 the line stretched back to Beach Club. My daughter and I decided to get on a bus to MK or Springs at Beach Club and transfer. Standing for long periods of time is very hard on my back. This worked well and we got back to AoA pretty quickly. Talked witha lady in the food court this morning and she told me it took an hour and twenty minutes to get on the skyliner at Epcot last night. If we go back to Epcot I'll be taking a bus back to AoA to avoid that.
Btw - that's common at that station at the end of the night, but basically only then. (That station is almost never actually busy.) I had decent luck by bailing around 8:30pm.

Very busy at EPCOT today, at official park opening At 11am wait times for Soarin’, Test Track and Mission Space were all over 60 mins. Spaceship Earth was listed at 20 but looked down when we walked past. Living with the Land was also down.

Did you actually get in line for any of them? When TT was listed at 60 minutes a couple Saturdays ago, it only took 30 minutes to get through the line. The long queues and inflated wait times can be deceiving.

Thanks to everyone giving their reports so we can have realistic expectations! We will be visiting for one day only next week and it's nice to hear that most people are following mask guidelines when in line. I secretly wish people will unconsciously keep the habit of distancing, even if just a little. I like my personal space, and during pre-covid trips I always noticed that people at Disney just LOVED getting as close to us as humanly possible. Gurl, give me some SPACE! If I can smell you're deodorant (or lack thereof), you're too close...

I also found most wait times inflated at least a bit, the only exception was a ride where the load time varies like the good ol' WEDway. As an example we entered Soarin' with a 60 min posted time, and got all the way through the ride and off in 45.

As to social distancing, I do think most people still are avoiding getting right up against strangers. lol I didn't have anyone run into me like most other trips...

Methinks that reaction suggests the girl’s idea of romance was not the same as the guy’s. I guess we know who is the bigger star wars fan there! Reminds me of when guys propose on the Jumbotron at the sports game and you can just see in face that this is NOT the proposal of her dreams.

Had they been fakers/attention grabbers there likely would have been a more enthusiastic response by the girl.

I’m sure you are right. Must’ve been a little awkward. :)

Dan

Are the busses and skylines loading more people now with the new guidelines?

Honestly, they can't follow the new guidelines and change Skyliner or bus capacity IMO.

The buses have been filling every seat - there are just partitions in between parties. Having people standing in the aisle and maintaining 3ft distance can't be done. Though full disclosure, we were on a bus a couple weeks ago that had people standing but that was a one-off.

Same goes for Skyliner. It's too small to separate parties by 3ft and you can't guarantee the Skyliner won't stop for more than 15 minutes (the definition of exposure, last I checked).

I’m a nervous Nellie. Did you use DME to get there and felt like you had enough time to manage lines, etc?
Yes, we used DME.........leaving Sunday.....our flight was departing 10:30ish. We went down to get on DME earlier than 7:15 like they asked & I think we got on the bus before that. Checking bags at Southwest was busy but went fast. Going through security took the most time & was back to fully packed. but, again, lines kept moving. We had time to get in another long line to get breakfast & sit down to eat. There was no worry about time.....never rushed to get anywhere.
DME got us there in plenty of time.

I was in MK today…first off it was super damn hot.

Also it legit looked like prepandemic days. Everyone was mostly compliant with masks once you entered a que and/or indoors.

For instance haunted mansion has an extended outdoor que they didn’t start enforcing the masks until you were in the entrance same with PeterPans flight once you passed the entrance to the actual line masks on…extended outdoor lines no

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter