Here now...crowd calendars WAY off!

Just got back from Nov 9-18. Much more crowded than predicted but expected that. We did close to rope drop most mornings with a touring plan and good fastpasses. We had a great time. We were at MK on 8/10 and 9/10 days per touring plans but it did not seem as crowded as I imagined an 8-9. Weather was fantastic. Transportation at AKL and BC were great.

Point being I don't think I will plan a trip based on crowd levels anymore.

I forgot to mention in my original message that we used the free Touring Plans fax service for our hotel room request, and got an absolutely perfect room. Exactly what we wanted even though the hotel was fully booked (so we were told).

They are getting there.

I guess I'd rather have the plastic bracelets in place first so WHEN the new attractions show up you can have a shot and getting a fast pass for it and skipping the long lines (like SDMT has been).
And when you don't get one you can wait in longer lines than you would have before. Great trade off.

Just wrapped up our week. Crowds seemed about right overall, but posted wait times were sometimes pretty far off from what Touring Plans had expected. I planned our park visit days using easywdw. This is actually the first trip where I felt like we did everything we wanted to do. Parades and shows were pretty easy to get spots for, too.

In my opinion, the best days to visit Walt Disney World, especially Magic Kingdom, are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.

Take advantage of Extra Magic Hours, especially at night time (if your little ones can stay up).

I visited Disney on 3 different occasions this past year (May, August, and November). I am of the belief that there un-crowded days at Disney are a thing of the past!

I forgot to mention in my original message that we used the free Touring Plans fax service for our hotel room request, and got an absolutely perfect room. Exactly what we wanted even though the hotel was fully booked (so we were told).

That service worked for us last trip also...love it. Makes it so easy to put in room requests! :)

Yes, we had a Beach Club woods view booked but I think we actually got a water view, room 4567. Had a balcony, was right above the volleyball court and was very close to that back door by the quiet pool. Loved everything about the room.

Yes, exactly. I should have a new version of the cheat sheets with updated wait times based on crowd level next week, depending on how much time the holidays take away and how large this month's operating schedule update ends up being. I'm not sure if Disney will update projections for December 20th-31st. If they do, typing that up will take a while too.

This is exactly what I was thinking as well... we spent several Septembers at WDW and I think it really spoiled us. It is closer to or during the holidays, better weather, and a better economy, so all of that must matter too.

Our previous trip was a September one and we chose November this time for better weather and Christmas decor (Osborne lights). We knew crowds would be thicker, but expecting a 4/5 level and getting 8-10 was kind of a shock. Our HS day was sheer insanity. There were times we literally couldn't move. We got to do almost everything we wanted to, but we had been spoiled by low wait times in September. My husband says only September trips from now on.

Just returning from 8 days.... I noticed that evenings in studios were heavy no matter what,I really think the lights have thrown things off a bit....earlier in the day,not so bad.we did a lot of hopping around for days,and noticed this.

I've gone in September a few years ago and I thought it felt more crowded in September than it did when I was just there from November 15-20. When we went in September it was harder to get parade spots, etc. Lines were about the same, except for some rides which seem to have been changed mostly due to FP+ now being in use. September was also so hot for us, I never want to go in September again. Late February was about the same as November, too, as long as we have stuck to the value or one up from value times. We have always gone during free dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter