Here it is - the OFFICIAL 2014 READING GOAL CHALLENGE THREAD

Ok, I think I'm going to go for it this year. I've stalked last years thread to get book ideas - so this year I'll contribute! My goal is 30, although with the move and trying to find a new job we'll just have to see. Now I'm going to go make a list.

I put all the books I've bought in the last couple years and still haven't read in my signature. I don't think I'll get through all of them next year, but I'm going to bold them as I read them and see how many I can get through.

I'm in! I am, admittedly, a book-a-holic and this is perfect for me! As I was reading back your goals and such, I looked in my nook, kindle, and iBooks libraries and realized just how many books I have read this year. My goal will start at 50... With the option to increase if necessary! I am excited to read The Book Thief as well, but my love has been YA dystopian fiction as well as paranormal (vampire;)). I do read many different genres, so my list, when I make it, will most likely be all over the place! I also teach elementary school and rarely put a book in my classroom library before I have read it myself. How else can I recommend it to an 8-9 year old?

I'm hoping someone in here can help me with some recommendations. I've been reading a lot of YA books (Divergent, Hunger Games, stuff like that) recently. Not to sound like a dirty bird, but does anyone know of any books that are similar, but are geared more towards adults? I'm not looking for a dystopian Fifty Shades, but hopefully you get what I mean ;)

I just finished a book called New Year Island by Paul Draker...it's sort of Hunger Games-ish. A group of people who have survived some sort of tragic event are recruited for what they think is a reality show, but they are set up to compete against each other. Like, who is the ultimate survivor among survivor types. It was really entertaining. Good characters, interesting plot twists. It was a 99cent nook book at barnes and noble.

I just finished a book called New Year Island by Paul Draker...it's sort of Hunger Games-ish. A group of people who have survived some sort of tragic event are recruited for what they think is a reality show, but they are set up to compete against each other. Like, who is the ultimate survivor among survivor types. It was really entertaining. Good characters, interesting plot twists. It was a 99cent nook book at barnes and noble.

I have this on my list for next year! I've already got it on my Kindle.

I think I would like to stick with 50 books again...

I just downloaded Eleanor and Park to my Kindle... It is a YA book, and it was on the NY Times best sellers list.... it was also recommended if you liked The Fault in Our Stars, etc...

I'm also looking forward to Hollow City when it comes out in a few weeks....

I'd like to join this year with a goal of 30 books. I love reading, but haven't read more than 15 books a year since I graduated college two years ago. I majored in English literature and I think I kind of 'burned out' on reading for awhile. Add that to my job as a technical writer (words ALL DAY) and my time consuming sport, and I've really neglected books lately.

I don't have a firm list, but I'm very excited to read more Bradbury. I somehow missed reading his work in high school and finally picked up Something Wicked This Way Comes about a year and a half ago. WOW. I had no idea what I was missing. This month I've been reading the nicely bound Barnes and Noble collection of The Martian Chronicles, The Illustrated Man, and Golden Apples of the Sun. Love it!

I know I will also finally read The Fault in Our Stars and Ender's Game. They've been on my list forever.

I put all the books I've bought in the last couple years and still haven't read in my signature. I don't think I'll get through all of them next year, but I'm going to bold them as I read them and see how many I can get through.

That's an interesting way to do it! I'm going to stick to listing what I read, but it will be fun to watch your sig next year. :goodvibes

I'm going with 35 with an option to bump the number up.

Already on standby to be read: Wishing Well by Trevor Baxendale (Doctor Who)

And also taking suggestions for British murder mysteries: I blame a recent DVD binge of both BBC Sherlock and Endeavour (Morse) for this.

Really wanted to participate in this thread but I didn't join DIS until May/June so didn't want to start late so been waiting for the 2014 so thank you for starting it!!! :)

I will aim for 60 this year :)

And also taking suggestions for British murder mysteries: I blame a recent DVD binge of both BBC Sherlock and Endeavour (Morse) for this.

Have you read "The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie" and the others by Alan Bradley? They are British murder mysteries, and I ADORE them!!! The protagonist is wonderful, and the writing style is fantastically British!

I am new to this challenge. I work an insane number of hours and have little time to read, but I want to read more. My goal is much lower than everyone elses, but I am going for 14 (only because I do not like the number 13).

I want to read the Bible in a year and then one other book a month. I would be thrilled if I could reach that goal.

Elizabeth George has a murder mystery series set in England. The main character is Inspector Lynley (sp).

I'm in and my goal is 52 books. I'm looking forward to reading the next installment of the Outlander series (if the author gets it out this year).

#1 Immortal in Death

Adding both Elizabeth George and Alan Bradley to my growing list of authors to try!

Are there books for Endeavour Morse? I admit I might be spoiled by the series since I like young spin on him.

Have you watched The Bletchley Circle? I watched it today on Netflix. It has only 3 episodes at 45 minutes each, but it is really smart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter