• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Help the Yankee DISer" Part II-visit Australia/DL-the PTR(8/19 -TR Link Post#263!)

If I don't catch you before you leave, have a safe trip downunder and I hope to hear from you shortly!

I do work in the city; so we could catch up for coffee and lamington if your schedule allows...and dinner.

Wrapping up first day @ DL. Rode almost everything. Is this crowded...cause it doesnt seem bad.

I hope you arrived safely -

Enjoy your stay in Sydney - hopefully the weather will pick up! :wizard:

Aussie Wendy said:
Wishing you a wonderful trip in Aus-looking forward to hearing how your day at DCA went too!

Quick update. We had a great time in DL and were pretty much able to see all of both parks in the 3 days. After that we flew to Sydney, which was uneventful. We did a little exploring around the Rocks yesterday and managed to stay awake until almost 8 pm. Woke up at 4:30 am, but not bad for first night. Planning on Harbor Cruise on the hop-off hop-on. And the aquarium as well. Everybody`s advice has been so helpful.

Quick update. We had a great time in DL and were pretty much able to see all of both parks in the 3 days. After that we flew to Sydney, which was uneventful. We did a little exploring around the Rocks yesterday and managed to stay awake until almost 8 pm. Woke up at 4:30 am, but not bad for first night. Planning on Harbor Cruise on the hop-off hop-on. And the aquarium as well. Everybody`s advice has been so helpful.

It's a beautiful day for a Harbour cruise today. Hope you have a wonderful time :)

Andona

Welcome to Australia! Glad to hear the flight was uneventful. Hope you enjoyed the Harbour cruise!

Hope Sydney is treating you well - just saw the weather was a bit chillier than normal for Sydney.

Agree with the others - there are too many great smaller breweries producing beers - stay away from the Fosters.

Great time so far. Weather has been sunny but cool. Wanna say mid-sixties F (17 C). Spent the day yesterday with DISer "cola" who treated us to a nice drive to the south. Today we are going to take advantage of the cheap transit on Sunday to go to Ukrainian catholic church in lincombe and then back to check out the Aroma festival here in the rocks.

Nice to see you checking in Pete. Hope you continue to have a great time.

Good on ya', Cola. :thumbsup2

I said to my DH each day this weekend

"Skierpete is in Sydney this weekend - he is going ....... today"
(needless to say, DH thought I was :crazy2:)

We like having visitors! Hope you enjoyed our city! :wave2:

Although we thought going to Lidcombe was an interesting choice - at least you would have seen some of the "real" Sydney.

He got to see Bondi, via lots of sandstone buildings, Robert Brough Memorial Fountain, Mrs Macquarie's Chair, Elizabeth Bay, Diamond Bay, view of the city from Dudley Page Reserve, then a quick drive past Coogee onto Bourke Street Bakery in Alexandria for some food (meat pies).
Then headed south through the Royal National Park along the start of the Grand Pacific Drive, to Stanwell Tops, saw hang gliders at Bald Head, Sea Cliff Bridge. Stopped in Scarborough, lamingtons in Thirroul then went up to Robertson and Belmore Falls with the view down to Kangaroo Valley. By that stage it was getting dark and the time difference was kicking in so headed back. All up, about 350km - we covered a bit of terrain :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter