Help! Reservations seem impossible to get for Nov 2015

Agree. This also removes one of the major benefits of staying on site if they are not "ready" at 180. Also the CP doesn't start until 11/28 so why did it affect the week of Nov 8th when we are going? Suddenly last week lots of Epcot reservations became available that weren't before -- I can't see how that has anything to do with the CP schedule. CM's seem to either play ignorant, state it is much busier than ever before, blame it on special events like CP and delayed schedules, or say it is a "glitch". I am sure most of the CM's answering the dining line just don't know the real reason and are just trying to keep the customers happy by saying something. We will probably never know the reasons but I feel pretty sure it is intentional whatever it is. It could even be something like waiting until the hotels reach a certain capacity before deciding to staff more servers during the time and suddenly open up more tables.

Disney planning gets more complex everytime we book a trip. I wonder to myself at what point will it no longer be worth the hassle. This is our first time going with FP+... That throws a whole other wrench into the works. They really should just make all deadlines the same -- i.e. book restaurants and FPs at 60, 90 days -whatever. Everything is so tied to each other at this point it really makes planning difficult. Not to mention encouraging people to make lots of extra ADRs they don't need just to hold until they see what FP's they get, which in turn makes it harder for everyone to get ADRs etc.
RRRmouse, if you are an oldie FP don't think you'll like the new. ?? This is my 3rd trip with it and experienced fewer availability options, if any, after your initial 3 ( in the same park! ). Also discovered on my last trip that if you book 3 fast passes and don't use any of them, you are banned from receiving any others for that day! Discovered this with older teenage grandchildren who chose to sleep in. Contacted Disney regarding this and the CM advised he had never heard that, pit me on hold to verify, came back in disbelief, that was true. Therefore, do what you can to make at least 1 of your fast passes so that you can obtain another for things like....Living With The Land. That's equivalent to the choices on our last trip Dec 26, 2014 - Jan 3, 2015.

I'm so frustrated. We will be there Nov 9-16 and the only one we want is a dinner at 'Ohana. Can't get anything in that time.

Just saw this post on the cancellation thread: eleasing 'Ohana for 2 11/16 @ 6:55pm. Will release Wed @ 10am EDT.

Good luck! It is frustrating!!

I have to say, I didn't have any problem booking ADRs for my trip 11/11-11/21. I feel everyone's frustration in not getting into restaurants they want, but I don't get it! I got Akershus, 'Ohana, CRT, BOG etc.. with no problem. I wouldn't blame Disney as much as I would ADR hoarders. I bet there will be openings as November approaches. I also agree that the CMs are not always a big help and it feels like with some of them you have to hold their hand and talk very slowly. God bless them, they are making like $9-10 an hour to deal with all of us crazies!

Last week when I booked my ADRs at my 180, I tried to book H&V for breakfast on Monday Nov. 30th and there was nothing available. Tuesday was also gone. There was 1 time left for Wednesday. However there were several times for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, so I booked Friday and got my time of choice.

As of now, there's nothing left on any of those days. So either there is a serious problem going on at Disney, or H&V has become more popular than people realize.

Going Nov 14 -22. And yes, called Hollywood & Vine directly. Still hoping for releases, but as everyone else is experiencing, nothing yet. :(

FYI: I have an H&V lunch reservation for 11/18, which I got at my 180 +10 mark. Unfortunate part is that I probably am no longer planning to be at HS that morning, but will likely be there 11/16 instead, and I now can't get a reservation for that date.

FYI: I have an H&V lunch reservation for 11/18, which I got at my 180 +10 mark. Unfortunate part is that I probably am no longer planning to be at HS that morning, but will likely be there 11/16 instead, and I now can't get a reservation for that date.

if you decide to drop the 18th i'd love to try to pick it up...thanks!

I have to say, I didn't have any problem booking ADRs for my trip 11/11-11/21. I feel everyone's frustration in not getting into restaurants they want, but I don't get it! I got Akershus, 'Ohana, CRT, BOG etc.. with no problem. I wouldn't blame Disney as much as I would ADR hoarders. I bet there will be openings as November approaches. I also agree that the CMs are not always a big help and it feels like with some of them you have to hold their hand and talk very slowly. God bless them, they are making like $9-10 an hour to deal with all of us crazies!

I agree that I think people are hoarding. If you take a look at the November cancellation board you might think the same thing. I also think the reason more openings become available all at once is because they decide to add more staff as it gets closer.

I agree that I think people are hoarding. If you take a look at the November cancellation board you might think the same thing. I also think the reason more openings become available all at once is because they decide to add more staff as it gets closer.
I'm on the November cancellation board and I agree. It would appear that lots of popular reservations for multiple dates are being released by the same person...

I'm on the November cancellation board and I agree. It would appear that lots of popular reservations for multiple dates are being released by the same person...
Yes! And the dates span practically a whole month. There is definite hoarding going on but in the end, it's still Disney's fault for allowing this and for having a system that pretty much requires this kind of thing to get what you want.

Yes! And the dates span practically a whole month. There is definite hoarding going on but in the end, it's still Disney's fault for allowing this and for having a system that pretty much requires this kind of thing to get what you want.

Exactly what I was talking about! I'm not really sure what is going on there. It is very fishy to me. I'm just not sure how Disney can stop this from happening. I can see possibly setting a limit per week or reservation but this case seems like there could be multiple reservations, it's definitely more than one week. But then you have people that have to split up their groups so they would have multiple reservations or in the case of BOG if they want to try lunch and dinner. I'm just really not sure how Disney can stop this. It seems like really they will receive complaints either way. I just wish people would be more considerate of other people. For some people going to Disney is literally a once in a lifetime trip for whatever reason. I don't plan on it being once in a lifetime for me but this is the first time I'm going as an adult and taking my daughter and no one knows what the future holds.

Last edited:
Exactly what I was talking about! I'm not really sure what is going on there. It is very fishy to me. I'm just not sure how Disney can stop this from happening. I can see possibly setting a limit per week or reservation but this case seems like there could be multiple reservations, it's definitely more than one week. But then you have people that have to split up their groups so they would have multiple reservations or in the case of BOG if they want to try lunch and dinner. I'm just really not sure how Disney can stop this. It seems like really they will receive complaints either way. I just wish people would be more considerate of other people. For some people going to Disney is literally a once in a lifetime trip for whatever reason. I don't plan on it being once in a lifetime for me but this is the first time I'm going as an adult and taking my daughter and no one knows what the future holds.
I don't know, either how it can be stopped. It's so frustrating that people feel the need to do this!! :sad2: It makes it so much harder to try to book and plan. I guess all we can do now is hope that lots of them will be releasing their 'extra' ADRs eventually so others can have a chance at them.

I hold a Ohana dinner buts its very late and i prefer before 7:30 but If i can find the right one for My dates that i keep "just in case" (4 full days) i Will release the late Ohana dinner. If i can't find the good one i have a chance to go to Ohana.

I think is the game. But i not hold reservations for holding reservation.

I'm going Nov. 8-11. I was able to get Tusker House breakfast, Hollywood & Vine lunch, Be Our Guest lunch, and Akershus dinner. I'd like to switch my days around, but there appears to be no availability to switch any of these reservations. At least we have the park hopper . . . .

I'm going Nov. 8-11. I was able to get Tusker House breakfast, Hollywood & Vine lunch, Be Our Guest lunch, and Akershus dinner. I'd like to switch my days around, but there appears to be no availability to switch any of these reservations. At least we have the park hopper . . . .
We're going Nov 10-18 and that's where I'm at, too. I got the restaurants I wanted, but I'm wanting to switch days or tweak times and there's just nothing left!! Hopefully what they say is true and a bunch will open up at 60 days when people start booking their FP!

We had our perfectly planned trip in March cancelled due to weather and rebooked in May. We had the same problem. Keep watching... things will open up.

My November reservation have been done for a few weeks but I've been checking for a couple of places almost daily. Several mornings this week the site has given me the message that they were having problems searching at this time. The error messages seem a lot more frequent now than they were. I'm surprised that it's gotten worse instead of better.

My November reservation have been done for a few weeks but I've been checking for a couple of places almost daily. Several mornings this week the site has given me the message that they were having problems searching at this time. The error messages seem a lot more frequent now than they were. I'm surprised that it's gotten worse instead of better.

I get this error message often but usually seconds later the search will work. Does it keep saying it over and over and you are unable to search at all? I haven't had that happen yet!

It also seems that on the November board few people are willing to try to coordinate. It seems as tough everytime I look at it someone says they just dropped or will drop in a few minutes.

I realize that if you are replacing an ADR with one about the same time the system will force you to drop.

I'm helping some offsite friends book dining and today I tried to book a lunch for them. BOG was unavailable of course, but Grand Floridian Café had only 1 time slot available and that was too early. I really, really think all availability hasn't been released yet. People wouldn't hoard GFC ressies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter