HELP ME!!! Bought 5 day hoppers from Connections - I lost them!

Dislyd: first off, they did write right next to the tracking number on the sheet in the binder my information, I saw them do it myself.

Second, SOMEONE else certainly got the information from Connections, so they DO in fact have Treloarf's, it would not make sense for them to keep one customer's information and not the other.

Third, what if Connections shipped them to her and she didn't receive them??? What would they do then??? Would they make up numbers so Disney can just cancel them out or would they go back to their own records get the tracking numbers give them to Disney, cancel out the tickets (so they get credit for them) and then ship out new tickets? What do you think, or maybe perhaps tell the customer, "tough we sent them" and that's that! No, OF COURSE they would go back to their records look up the tracking number, cancel out the tickets and issue new tickets to the customer! OTHERWISE, once again, they would not have been able to do it for the "active" customer!

You know sure we all make mistakes, and we misplace things and such, but how does anyone really know that Treloarf misplaced/lost them, MAYBE just maybe someone took them and she didn't know. I firmly believe that because she is NOT an active member and that she took advantage of an offer that Connections was providing, they are NOT willing to help her.

Treloarf: Contact that other person who lost theirs and was given the information through Connections and maybe they can help you, at least they can back up your story when you lodge a complaint with Disney.

Once again, GOOD LUCK and I will certainly be rooting for you and be following this thread. Don't listen to the nahsayers (sp?) if it were them, they would want all the encouragement also and would not want to hear "move on" or get over it or whatever else they are saying. I think some people just want to be mean to prove a point.

If you don't get anywhere with Connection perhaps your homeowner's insurance can help you out. I would consider un-used WDW
passes to be a possession just like jewelry and clothes and those are covered. Good luck!

Lori, I don't dispute that your store wrote down this info. I just said that I don't know why they happened to do this, as it is definately not standard procedure at the Disney Stores. In the past 9 yrs, I've sold hundreds of passes and never once had to write down the individual numbers and guest info.
I've always felt that it is good to have correct information when trying to resolve any sort of problem. If you have incorrect information, it only ends up causing more problems and most likely hard feelings to boot. I don't want people to think that this info can be retrieved if they buy passes from the Disney Store. Connections may very well keep these kinds of records. I don't work for Connections, so I could not say one way or another. I just don't think we can automatically assume they do. In the case of NHBelle's situation, we don't even know for sure that the Guest Relations folks got anything from Connections. It is *possible* that they could have done some tracking if they gave info on times they entered which parks already. It is possible that they dug thru entrance records and came up with numbers that way, since the passes had been partially used. Good for them that the cm's were able to take the time and effort to help this family out!!
Another point to consider is that we cannot automatically expect any company to be responsible for replacing something like this. After all, it states right on the back "not responsible for replacement if lost or stolen". If a company decides to do something nice and replace them, that is a bonus; but should never be expected! Not trying to be mean, just realistic.
Hope you are having a most lovely weekend! :)

Well, after all of this I will definitely be photocopying mine!

As one of the above asked, did you check with homeowners insurance to see if you are covered?

As I was going through my credit card receipts last night, I came across a Disney Store receipt from October. (I know, I'm months behind in reconciling my statements!) The Disney Store receipt was very long, because it listed the 10 park hoppers I purchased individually - with the ticket numbers. SO - for those of you who purchase your tickets at the Disney Store - save your receipts!

When the last poster purchased those tickets from a DS, the CM probalby scanned the back of the ticket, which I would imagine is why the number prints on the recp. The DS does not keep track of the ticket numbers given to each buyer, regardless of how you paid for it. The credit card audit slips are kept for a period of time, but the person would need to know the day they purchased the tickets in order to retrieve the copy of the crdit card receipt at the store.

Good luck with your quest. I know if it was me, I would be sick about it.

Originally posted by treloarf
Just to let everyone know that my credit card co. has decided to put the Connections charge for the tickets in "dispute". So at least I'm not paying for the tickets right now. In the description of transaction for ticket charge, the cr. card co. thought it was strange that Connection called it "continuity subscription" and they had no idea what that meant.

Kerplunck. Sorry treloarf, that was the sound of me jumping off the bandwagon; not that you should care. I am not sure what "dispute" means, but if it in anyway means that action may be taken against Connections by the CC company, then that is wrong. Connections may be guilty of questionable record keeping, and they are certainly guilty of lousy customer service, but they are not guilty of losing the tickets. For them to be held finacially responsible is absurd.

Best of luck to you . I'm out!!

Seems to me that the number showing up on your TDS receipt just identifies the type of hopper that you purchased, not as a specific means to identfy one single passport. I'm thinking that all four day hoppers would scan with the same upc code as would all 5 day etc.

There is an identifying number on these passports other than the upc, but that number doesn't necessarily tie it to one particular person. Someone may have bought tickets to give to another person, so I don't see how a receipt helps.

The park hopper numbers on my Disney Store receipt are all different - so I'm assuming those are the actual ticket numbers. I don't expect the DS CM's to know WHO bought those tickets - but at least I have a copy of the ticket numbers. It's a moot point for me - since all the days have been used, but I posted the info for those who purchased tickets at the Disney Store and haven't used the tickets yet.

I agree that "disputing" the credit card charge for the tickets was not the way to go. It really doesn't matter what Connections calls the charge - as long as it's the right amount of money for the tickets you charged.

If a charge is in dispute - it just means that you don't pay it while the credit card company investigates. I doubt that treloarf will be successful in the dispute - as she received the items that she charged to the credit card.

I appreciate everone's help & support in this matter, whether positive or negative. But I did not know my simple question of asking if anyone knew if Connections tracks their tickets (as stated in my original post) would cause such a long & controversial post.

This is such a wonderful discussion board & I have received so much good information, I'm ending my posts on this subject & moving on. Hopefully, my experience will be able to help someone else.

Thanks again.

HI all!
I just bought 4 5day park hoppers from my Disney Store and they were not individual listed on my receipt. It just has one long number and it does say 4 5day hoppers on it.:jester:

trelorf: hope all goes well in your quest! Perhaps all the posts here, good and otherwise will help you in some way.

contrary to other posts, I believe that the #'s on a Disney receipt simply reflect a upc that scans to ring up the ticket. I do not believe they identify that particular ticket other than what it is, a 4 day, 5 day or whatever.

these items used to be scanned out of a binder, that had the same upc, not one that matched anything on a ticket that was retrieved from a locked drawer or cabinet. After scanning, the CM would retrieve the tickets from this locked drawer and hand to the guest, so no way could they be "matched" other than to the amount of days they covered.

not trying to be argumentative, just adding to the discussion about #'s on tickets.

Treloarf, glad to hear you are going to try to move on! I wish you only good things! I just wanted to let you know that I understand and completely agree with how you handled the problem, I hope that in the end it works out for you! Oh, and if it is not to much to ask, could you please let us know if you ever find the tickets or get them replaced? My family and I have worried about talked about you and the lost tickets ever since reading your first post!

This may not matter at this point but, Did you ask them what is there policy ( have them read it to you, request a copy of it) on how they track thier trasactions. If you were to return the tickets, they would have to have some policy on tracking them internaly with in the company. You did lose the tickets and have to take responsibility for that but ,that does not excuse connections for poor customer service and conflicting information that they gave you . I feel I would call them one last time with my questions and concerns, tell them how you feel about thier company as a customer, log a complaint (and tell them you are going to )with disney and the better business bureal. I felt at one time that connections was a good option for us but thanks to the boards and comments like yours I have chosen not to do business with them .Life is about learning and if nothing elseI would say that this has been a wounderful learning experience and thank you .

I really don't want to reopen this thread but for the last poster, I did ask them what their policy was & they said "they have an internal policy, but cannot divulge that information to me". I don't know if I will pursue the BBB, but I am definitely writing to Disney, because when I talked with the Disney Ticket Research Dept., they told me they never heard of Connections. At the time, I didn't know they were a part of Memberworks so maybe Disney knows of them.

I think you should contact the credit card company that you used to purchase those passes.
I don't believe that connections doesn't keep track of the serial numbers on those tickets.
What would they do if they got lost in the mail???? The credit card company may be able to
help you!!! Good Luck

I think you should play Connections game and burn them! Go buy your replacement tickets (from some other company) and then send them into connections and tell them you want a refund! Don't let them have your money. How can they prove that you didn't buy those tickets from them? Maybe then they will magically find your ticket numbers! Or they will have to refund your money. Sure your still out your money but connections won't have it! Ya Ya it's dishonest. If you really want to get them. Return the tickets to them then go to the company you got them from and say they were lost, then get new ones. I know evil evil mind, but in theory it would work.

Neeeaaa.

See, the horse isn't dead yet.

Just wanted to say I hope no one tries what SplashMountainRules suggested. Lets assume the scheme works. You return tickets to Connections (that you didn't get from them) and actually get a refund. You then take the ticket number from those tickets and call Disney and tell them they were lost and they give you new ones. Sounds great - if you like to be maliciously dishonest. Disney will cancel those tickets. Connections will resell them. What happens when the unwitting person who happened to receive those tickets from Connections goes to use them. Sorry, these are no good :(. That would be terrible.

Anyone who would do such a thing would have something worse than lost tickets to look forward to down there in h e double hockey sticks. It would serve such a person right if Connections determined that the tickets were cancelled and prosecuted for theft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter