HELP ME!!! Bought 5 day hoppers from Connections - I lost them!

The garbage has already been picked up - the sad thing - I never used a single day on the tickets yet! I called my credit card company since I did put it on a platinum card. Everything is covered under the 90 day warranty program EXCEPT tickets, travelers checks, cash. I have not tried my home owners insurance - I guess that is next.

Even if I was still a member with Connections, they don't keep track of the ticket numbers, so I'm basically SOL! I do find that hard to believe that they don't have any tracking system for these tickets. Maybe I should pursue from a legal standpoint, but it probably would cost me more than $1000. They did tell me to write a letter to their Customer Relations describing my problem, along with a copy of my credit card bill. They said they would send me a letter back stating they don't keep track of the numbers on the back of the tickets. And then I should forward all of this to Disney and perhaps Disney could help me.

I guess our family won't be going to Disney for a long, long time!

Thanks again for all your concerns!

I do find that hard to believe that they don't have any tracking system for these tickets. Maybe I should pursue from a legal standpoint, but it probably would cost me more than $1000.

I would be very upset too but in all honesty I wouldn't expect a company to keep track of the numbers of tickets they sold to people. I know Disney doesn't - the only way they can help you is if you have those numbers - there are probably thousands of tickets sold daily - it just seems unrealistic to me to expect that a company keep track of the serial number.

Liz

I would definitely check under your Homeowners Insurance. Depending on the coverage you opted for, you may have coverage. The basic Homeowners polciy (HO 3) only covers tickets for theft which would include disappearance from its last known location if it is likely that they were stolen and it has a limit of $1000. However, there are additional coverages that apply to some Homeowners policies that would include "mysterious dissappearance". I feel really bad for you so I hope this helps. I'm just glad I was able to apply the knowledge from my insurance course I'm taking for work! Good Luck!

I Know you are in a panic about maybe losing your Hopper tickets,but get a cup of tea,sit down in your favorite chair,relax and then think back to getting home,unpacking,try to see yourself doing it,step by step go thru your unpacking and remember about getting the tickets out in the baggy,let your mind wander over what and how you did it and where you put away the important things,see yourself picking up the tickets,were you destracted,were you going to put them in a save place,did you tuck them away,did you put them in a tempary place till you could really put them away,just let your mind drift, till you have an answer one way or the other.

In my case,My husband will have picked them up and walked away with them!!

Next step,Ask DH where they are?? 2 heads are better than 1 worried to heck head!!

Last step ask the kids where Mommy put the tickets!! They probably know!!

Oh treloarf! :( I can only imagine what you are going through. I am praying that with all of these helpful suggestions that you will be able to update this thread with some HAPPY news!

{{{HUGS}}} to you!

Keep trying- if you do not locate them, call Connections and call Disney. Do whatever they tell you to do, send the letters. Then call again. We were stuck with my DN 6 day PHP after having to cancel our trip. I found out about a program to get a refund (thru' DS & Disney customer service-many phone calls!) So I sent in my info., they reviewed my case, (which included an interview w/someone at Disney via phone) and we received a check for the cost of the ticket. It was worth the trouble.

Disney has to keep track of their tickets for inventory purposes and to keep theft under control. They may sale large allotments to companies like Connections for resale and they just keep certain ticket numbers from the allotment which could be a problem if Connections does not give them each ticket number and persons name from the allotment. I would think that Connections would keep the persons name and ticket numbers for inventory purposes also. (How would these companies know that their employees or others are not stealing from them) Anyway, my point is you should keep at Connections and Disney until someone can give you some answers. There has got to be a way for one of them to find out what ticket numbers that you had. Many people have had to contact Disney regarding lost or stolen tickets so they have to have some system in place for tracking these. I am sure people who have kept their membership with Connections have also contacted them regarding their tickets being lost, etc and they have probably given them their tracking numbers. It sounds like Connections may just be trying to get you to pay a fee again to get your tracking numbers. Maybe someone else who has bought WDW tickets from Connections and still has a membership could call them and find out for you if a "member" can get their tracking number if their tickets should be lost to see if they are giving you the run around. I'm not saying that Connections is bad because I am thinking about joining myself but anymore you just never know. I wish you all the best with this.

Maybe I should not be replying to this. But...why is everyone suggesting that the person keep calling Connections and Disney to get them to do something. They did not cause the situation. I would also be devastated if I lost all my tickets and it would definitely cancel my vacation. But, I would never expect the issuer to refund or resissue new tickets, because of my error. Just my opinion. Cindy

P.S. As an accountant, most companies keep track of sequential numbers on invoices and tickets for inventory and fraud purposes.

Originally posted by clhcpaca
Maybe I should not be replying to this. But...why is everyone suggesting that the person keep calling Connections and Disney to get them to do something.

Disney park admission is not the piece of paper, but rather the number encoded on the media. It is similar to a reservation confirmation. Disney regularly will replace media, if the number is known, since the information is tied to the number not the media. If the poster knew her numbers, it would be a snap to replace or reissue the media. Refund is not likely nor has it been suggested.

It seems logical that someone would have these ticket numbers, especially since Connections allows you to return vouchers and tickets for a refund. How would they know what they sent you?

Nobody is trying to shift blame, but rather simply offering suggestions to help. Thats what these boards are about. A post that simply said "Sorry you're screwed" wouldn't be that helpful would it?

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site and have a question. This may be stupid but "what is connections"? Is that just for vacation club members. I'm not a vacation club member, but I did join Disney Club a few months ago although have not used the service yet.

Treaolrf, I am so sorry to hear about your problem I can't believe you are having so much trouble getting them replaced. Did you by chance use a credit card. Maybe the credit card company can help in some way. Maybe there's some sort of link on file with your credit card number and the ticket numbers. I don't know, it's just thought. I'm going to write down my ticket numbers right now. Good Luck,

Steph

:(

I'm going to post a separate post, but for those of you tracking this, here's some good news. It's not totally complete, but I am getting closer to a resolution.

I'm a member of AAA and called them today inquiring to purchase Hopper passes & to to see if they track the numbers. Here's what they said: "we are required by law to track the purchaser's name & number from the back of Hopper pass and keep on file for 4 years".

Gee, hmm, why would Connections be any different. Guess what, after calling & asking different questions, I finally found someone who committed to say "Customer Relations tracks the numbers on the Disney tickets". Gee, why didn't they tell me that days ago.

So I'm on my way to coordinating Connections ticket number disbursement & Disney cancel & reissue policies - I'm NOT going to lose this battle. I will keep everyone updated.

Give em heck!!! You will be in my thoughts! c PLEASe keeps us posted!

This is EXCELLENT!!! It's just goes to prove the Squeaky wheel gets the oil, go get 'em!!!

So glad to hear this update! Keep plugging away! I know that you will end up with this resolved to OUR satisfaction! :)

Talked with Connections again today to see if their Customer Relations Dept. received my letter. They told me "They do not TRACK the numbers on the back of the Disney tickets, the person yesterday gave me the wrong info".

I am getting very upset with this company - I may have to pursue legally. They did give me the name & address of their president. I'm not done with this company yet. Any suggestions, please let me know. I think they're hiding something now!

Talked with Connections again today to see if their Customer Relations Dept. received my letter. They told me "They do not TRACK the numbers on the back of the Disney tickets, the person yesterday gave me the wrong info".

Honestly I am not surprised - just thinking about when I buy regular old tickets at Disney - who according the information you were given earlier about the companies being legally bound to getting the info -- I just don't think so - I go up to the gate at Disney and ask to buy 4 tickets and they take my money - they don't take my name and information down and record it.

Now I wouldn't be surprised to hear they track the numbers like this: tickets 4000=5000 are in the batch that is in Suellen's drawer. tickets 5001-6000 are in John's drawer, but to think a company keeps track of which ticket is sold to which person - I just don't think that is realistic.

Liz

I'm so sorry to hear about your tickets! I am sitting here wondering where my husband's AP voucher is...

What law is it that requires AAA to track those numbers? I honestly can't imagine that there is one (although I hope there is, for your sake!). Maybe it is just AAA national policy? It's good to know, because I often do buy tickets from them.

Good luck!

I feel VERY bad for you, but I am afraid that you may be channeling your frustration in the wrong place.

I really don't see how a lawsuit against Connections would be justified. First of all, just because AAA said that they had to keep the information by law does not mean that this is true. (They may have meant that they need to keep a record of the credit card transaction for four years.) Before filing any lawsuit, I would make sure to find this out for sure. Secondly, in order to recover any money in a lawsuit, you have to show that Connections caused you damages. They did not lose the tickets, so it is hard to argue that they caused you any damages. I know that you may argue that by not keeping track of the numbers, they have made it impossbile for you to get replacements... but I don't know if this really equals damages. This is especially true if the court considers "contributory negligence." (ie: did you contribute to the harm as well. Losing the tickets could certainly be seen as contributory negligence.... of course this is negligence law and not contract/business law... but you see how it can get complicated)

Again, I feel REALLY bad for you. I would be going crazy if it were me. But... I just don't know if a lawsuit is appropriate. If you are considering it, just make sure you talk with someone who knows about this area of law. Morally, it is not right to file a frivilous lawsuite. It is hard enough for a business to make it in this economy without frivilous litigation. And if Connections has problems with its Disney customers, they may just give up on selling Disney tickets altogether.

Keep looking... and good luck! I hope that whatever you do turns out for the best.

If this happened to me, I would be sick at the thought of all that money down the drain. I would indeed do everything I could to either find the tickets or get them replaced, but I would not resort to blaming the company that issued the tickets! If the tickets had been lost in the mail, it would've been Connections' responsibility to replace them. Once they are in your hands - it's up to you to keep track of them. I truly hope you will either find them or Connections will come through for you - without being threatened with a lawsuit. If not - let it go and learn from this expensive mistake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter