• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! I'm driving myself crazy!

HeyItsDeb

Earning My Ears
I made a reservation for this coming May at Wilderness Lodge and then I decided I'd rather stay at an Epcot resort, so I switched to Boardwalk. Now I'm trying to decide if I should switch to Beach Club! Which one is nicer? My DD likes the look of the Boardwalk's pool slide and wants to stay there, but I have kidney disease and the less walking for me the better. So I heard that Beach Club is closest to the International Gateway. I'm so confused!!! Help me decide!!!! PLEASE!!!

We love the BWI, it is so nice and quiet and relaxing

BC is total chaos!

The beach club is about 300 yards closer to the International gateway. But If you catch the ferry from Boardwalk, its only a couple 100 feet to the turnstiles. We own dvc at Boardwalk and love it, but sometimes it would be nice to be closer to the gate, especially after walking around world showcase a few times.

I agree....stay with BW. My former supervisor stayed there multiple times and raved about it!!

Can you get to the IG from the Boardwalk side of the lake? Or do you have to walk around the lake past BC?

Can you get to the IG from the Boardwalk side of the lake? Or do you have to walk around the lake past BC?

The path from Boardwalk links to the path from BC by way of a bridge, so you don't walk in front of BC. I don't have a link but if you mapquest boardwalk you can view the satellite image and see what I'm talking about.

So, yes you can get to the IG from the boardwalk side of the lake.

The BC lobby is always packed with people and lots of kids, they have a lot of kids activities in the lobby, the buses are super jammed packed, the quiet pool and spa is right on the walkway to Epcot so it isnt as quiet as others that are situated off the main area

Thanks! :thumbsup2 I'll go there and take a look. I love the DISboards! You guys are all great! :love: I'm already feeling better! I can stop having an anxiety attack now!

We stayed at BC in May '07, and didn't find it to be chaos at all. :confused3 Busy, yes, but definitely not chaotic. When I think of chaotic, I think of the All Stars food courts at meal time. Now that's chaos! :scared1:

Our buses were never crowded, even with stopping at YC and BW. In fact, one morning, we were literally the only 3 people on the bus all the way to the MK.

We loooooved Stormalong Bay, and we're not even big "pool people". The BC CMs were great, the other guests were really friendly, Cape May's breakfast was awesome, we loved Beaches & Cream, and we just had an all-around great time. Plus, they have movies on the beach at night, and if you want something else to do, it's a nice walk over to the Boardwalk's shops and restaurants.

Boardwalk is a pretty resort, but it's sooo big! Plus, that clown slide is a definite deal-breaker for my ds and me, LOL!! Being vomited out the mouth of a giant clownface is not appealing to us!! :rotfl:

See, my DD thinks that's hilarious! I thought Stormalong Bay sounded nice too, but - oh no, Breathe, Breathe (getting all wound up and cranky again!)

I like the BC better. I like the atmosphere, the pool, and not having to go outside onto the bw for food.yeah the lobby can be crowded, but I have never seen some of the pandomonium that people here complain about,and I go during free dining .The busses are hit and miss at any resort, and on most days BC shares with Bw anyway( at least when I have been there)

We've got DVC at BC, but my cousins and grandparents have DVC at BW, so it's really all preference... We're big pool people so we love Stormalong Bay. And we're close enough to the BW so we can walk over there at night and play on the boardwalk. And we like the restaurants and both hotels, but they're so close that you can just walk from one hotel to the other. The quick walk to Epcot is another selling point, because we don't like boats and try to avoid them at all cost. So, like I said, it's really preference and what things you like and don't like.

LOL -- I know a lot of people LOVE that big ol' clown!!

To either help or confuse (!) you more, here are two great slideshows of both pools:

http://www.tagrel.com/Tours/Flash/sab.shtml

http://www.tagrel.com/Tours/Flash/bwvPool.shtml

Thaniks DiznEeyore! I can show that to DD and see what she thinks! Great pics by the way! :thumbsup2 I've only been to the World once in 2006 and this trip will probably be my last for at least a long while. We are on the opposite coast and so go to Disneyland a lot more often. Everything is soooo far away at the World! At Disneyland, you go from ride to ride to ride - it's almost like nonstop action. I love that, but DL doesn't have an Epcot - I wish! Or AK for that matter! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter