Hello All!

themrsturnbow

Earning My Ears
I am so excited to have found a place like this. My husband and I are taking our 3 youngest children (12, 11, & 6) at the end of August this year. We already have our hotel booked (the blue heron) and I'm doing a ridiculous amount of research to be as prepared as possible for the parks.

This will be my first time to DW but I have been to DL (I was 15). This will be his 2nd time to DW. None of our kids have been.

I am SO excited!!

Hello and Welcome. I know you will have such a great time at WDW with your family.

Dh and I are planning a first trip in August with our three kiddos as well! (Ages 10, 7 and 5). We are also in research mode- Disney Boards on Pinterest are keeping me up late at night LOL :rolleyes1

Hi and welcome!

Consider planning at least one character meal... your kids will get a huge kick out of it! And since you arrive within 180 days, you can (and probably should) book one now.

Not sure of the gender split, but if by any chance they would like a princess meal, I have two to reccommend:
- Dinner at 1900 Park Fare (in the Grand Floridian, easy to reach from the Magic Kingdom via monorail.) Cinderella, the prince, the stepmother and the stepsisters are all there for pictures and autographs. The steps are an absolute hoot!!! They all go table to table for autographs and pictures.
- Any meal (we did a late breakfast, more of a brunch) at Aukerhaus (in Norway at Epcot.) Five princesses go table to table for autographs and pictures.

Something else you may want to consider: the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party. It costs extra, but we absolutely LOVE it!!
review: http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/wishes-dessert-party-review-is-it-worth-it/
current thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3144695

Some small details:
- stock up on dollar store (or Walmart-- I like those better) disposable ponchos. You can get rain for an hour or so every afternoon in August.
- Consider going to amazon and picking up two Mistymate 2.5 personal Misters (you can share.) They're a bargain at double the price... you spray cool mist onto yourself in the August heat. They don't require batteries, and they're the size of an electric toothbrush. A definite trip saver in my book.

Happy planning!

Welcome! :dance3: This is a great place to find a lot of information. Ask questions, read posts, have a good time!

Have you seen the summer offer?

From www.mousesavers.com:

Disney Visa Summer Vacation Package Offer

With this offer, get up to 35% off the room rack rates at select Disney resorts for stays 6/15/14 – 8/28/14. Pricing and savings will vary by resort type and date. As with all Disney promotional discounts, some resorts, room types and date combinations will not be available. Length of stay requirements may apply.

Sample rates:
•Value Resorts: get up to 15% off
•Moderate Resorts: get up to 20% off
•Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: get up to 30% off
•Save an additional 5% when staying 6 or more nights!
•Get an extra day FREE on your tickets when you include 6-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!

*Offer excludes Villas at Grand Floridian, Bay Lake Tower, Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation Resort, All-Star Movies, Port Orleans French Quarter, campsites and 3-bedroom villas. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room. Additional per adult charges apply if more than two adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts. Advance reservations required. No group rates or other discounts apply.

Book by 6/6/14.

Welcome! :wave2: As Aliceacc said, there is currently a summer special offered which greatly cuts the cost of some Disney hotels. We are taking our second trip this August (went last time in August, too) using the discount, and we found last time that staying on property saves lots of time and makes it easy to take a mid-day break from the heat. Of course, if you found a good hotel off world it's all good! Just be sure that you plan to leave the park for a few hours mid-day if the temps are high. It really makes sense, especially if there are late night hours to make going back in the evening a possibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter