Heard back from my complaint on Best Rate

PamNC

DIS Veteran
Just got a call from a representative from Disney. I had written to voice my concerns with the new Best Rate Program. The CM was very nice, but pretty much told me they have to answer to their share holders, blah blah blah. Whatever. He said that the Best Rate Program is only an OPTION and that I can still book discounts the old way. I told him that my main issue was the fact that folks like me who can't book that far in advance will not realize discounts because those discounts will be taken by the folks who use the program. He said that they didn't expect the number of discounts to be offered to change. He did say they realized it might not work for all of their passholders. In short, he was nice but basically said this is the way it is, you don't have to do it this way, we have to make money, get over it.

Oh well. Who cares.

I'm going tomorrow with the good old fashioned AP discount of $100 off a night at the Beach club. I booked it 6 weeks ago, not 120 days ago and I intend on enjoying what I think will be my last AP discount.

PamNC

Answer to shareholders?? I am a shareholder I don't recall anything of such nature being in anything. Of course I didn't attend the last meeting. Hello, Minnesota in the winter, I don't think so.

Anywho, glad you got a call and I was told the same thing, its an addition, not a replacement.

Glad to hear that they at least heard and responded to your complaint..albeit an unsatisfactory response. I must admit I find it somewhat amusing that they are putting the blame on shareholders (I wonder if that's the company line or just something that CM mentioned to soothe you).

Still waiting on my phone call regarding being stuck in the October Best Rate Time Warp. Though I am sure that I will get the same answer as you..something along the lines of "We're sorry we couldn't offer it during your trip, but we will still offer discounts for those time frames with the old AP discount system."

OMG I had this long message from this guy from the executive blah, blah blah dept from disney when I got home tonight. My husband was like what did you do? :smooth: anyhow he basically said its here to stay and is a option for passholders that like to book 120 days in advance. anyhow he was laying it on really thick... too bad there isnt a way for everyone to listen to it. It definitely made me laugh after the work day I had :)

mamalle said:
OMG I had this long message from this guy from the executive blah, blah blah dept from disney when I got home tonight. My husband was like what did you do? :smooth: anyhow he basically said its here to stay and is a option for passholders that like to book 120 days in advance. anyhow he was laying it on really thick... too bad there isnt a way for everyone to listen to it. It definitely made me laugh after the work day I had :)

Got the same thing too on my machine. Do you think it's taped? Once the machine picks up, the CM hits the "play tape" button. He went on forever, but really never answered my dining question. At least we know they got our emails.

I was so surprised when they called me after I sent in my email complaint. While he tried very nicely to explain to me that this was just an additional way for discounts, he never really directly answered my question. We book almost 1 year in advance because we like to look forward to it. However anything could happen and I really do not appreciate being charged if I cancel so many months out or if god forbid something happens. He told me to take out trip insurance. Now I have NEVER canceled any of my trips and always made them whether or not we could count on a discount. My question for this year was - we are going for New Years and they are already sold out - if we waited till the 120 days out to book when their best rate comes out - we will never get the rooms we want. He told me we could still get the ap rate by just calling when the codes come out so I guess I will have to wait and see. I did tell him to please pass my comments back again that Disney should not be thinking up more difficult ways to book a room for their AP holders.

Of course, this does make it much better for guests who could not get AP discounts previously, because they were always gone by the time we heard about them. (I've already shared my story several times, about my own repeated disappointments while I was an AP holder.) Now every guest has a chance to get the best rates, if they are willing to make the commitment in advance. No system will please everyone -- evidently there were enough of us upset about having no chance of getting the discount because others got word and/or got through on the telephone quicker than we did. If enough are willing to put their money where their hearts are, and make that commitment, then this program will be a success.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter