Heads up for plan fudgers in 2007

I just know that you were all waiting for me to get off work tonight, right?
So, here's the deal for TS at least. Can't speak to counter service, though I'd expect it to be similar.

As of this point, child and adult credits are separate. We have an adult TSR button and a child TSR button for the plan. Right now, we have to separate the adults and the children onto separate bills and charge them using the appropriate button. In 3 weeks, the system update will be complete and we will not have to split the bills, just select the proper buttons, etc. We still only need one card per room. You will NOT be allowed to purchase more than what your card states your allotments are. No fudging. The system won't allow it. That means no treating Aunt Mabel from the Days Inn in Kissimmee. Period. This is all completely set. CMs who try to help you get around the system (if it's possible) will be in big trouble.
Nothing said about time frames or lock outs within a meal period. Grazing around World showcase one credit at a time should be fine.

I am looking at the 2007 brochure and find no changes from 2006. It is previously posted that they state that the credits have to be used in some order however it actually states:
"Use your snacks and meals in any order and in any amount throughout your package stay until your total is depleted". It is also again stating that you can use these until midnight the day of Checkout. Which I do quite often.

Also I could find no where that it says the credits are being seperated A/C.
As a matter of fact it says, " Guests ages 3 to 9 must order from the child’s menu where available. The Disney Dining Plan is unavailable for Guests under the age of 3, but they may share from an adult plate at no charge or purchase a meal from the menu"

and

"For example, if your party of four (4) started with 20 Quick Service Meals and everyone in the party used one (1) Quick Service Meal, your paid receipt from the cashier would indicate a balance of 16 Quick Service Meals for the remainder of your package stay". This statement is under Tracking your meals.

Here is the link I am reading from. If anyone has other information please do post it. I honestly believe this keeps some people awake at night however I personally think the concern is hilarious. What would happen to disney without the honor police.

http://www.mei-travel.com/mft/specials/wdw_07dining.pdf

I am looking at the 2007 brochure and find no changes from 2006. It is previously posted that they state that the credits have to be used in some order however it actually states:
"Use your snacks and meals in any order and in any amount throughout your package stay until your total is depleted". It is also again stating that you can use these until midnight the day of Checkout. Which I do quite often.

Also I could find no where that it says the credits are being seperated A/C.
As a matter of fact it says, " Guests ages 3 to 9 must order from the child’s menu where available. The Disney Dining Plan is unavailable for Guests under the age of 3, but they may share from an adult plate at no charge or purchase a meal from the menu"

and

"For example, if your party of four (4) started with 20 Quick Service Meals and everyone in the party used one (1) Quick Service Meal, your paid receipt from the cashier would indicate a balance of 16 Quick Service Meals for the remainder of your package stay". This statement is under Tracking your meals.

Here is the link I am reading from. If anyone has other information please do post it. I honestly believe this keeps some people awake at night however I personally think the concern is hilarious. What would happen to disney without the honor police.

http://www.mei-travel.com/mft/specials/wdw_07dining.pdf

According to someone I know who is a concierge, the 07 brochure is out for reprint. I'm telling you that I worked tonight and they are indeed separate.

I just know that you were all waiting for me to get off work tonight, right?
So, here's the deal for TS at least. Can't speak to counter service, though I'd expect it to be similar.

As of this point, child and adult credits are separate. We have an adult TSR button and a child TSR button for the plan. Right now, we have to separate the adults and the children onto separate bills and charge them using the appropriate button. In 3 weeks, the system update will be complete and we will not have to split the bills, just select the proper buttons, etc. We still only need one card per room. You will NOT be allowed to purchase more than what your card states your allotments are. No fudging. The system won't allow it. That means no treating Aunt Mabel from the Days Inn in Kissimmee. Period. This is all completely set. CMs who try to help you get around the system (if it's possible) will be in big trouble.
Nothing said about time frames or lock outs within a meal period. Grazing around World showcase one credit at a time should be fine.

Okee-dokee, this answers my main question I had about the plan and how we are going to use it. Thanks!

I am curious how it will work at the CS places, such as Pizza Planet, that don't have a kid's menu. If you ordered 4 of the pizza combos for two adults and two kids, would you have to make sure and tell them that two were kids credits? Or will this force the few places without a kid's menu to get one? I don't have to worry anymore since I have an 11 year old adult, but I am curious.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I haven't read this thread all the way through.

I am looking at the 2007 brochure and find no changes from 2006.
There are indeed significant changes between the 2006 brochure and the 2007 brochure -- indeed, there have been three versions of the 2007 brochure so far, and the last version had both rules we're discussing here very clearly spelled out in the Q&A section.

Here's the brochure straight from Disney's website:

http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/m...agespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/07Dining.pdf

Disney Dining Plan brochure said:
Q. Can guests ages 10+ use Guests ages 3-9 meal entitlements?
A. Sorry, meal entitlements can not be shared between Guests ages 10+ and Guests ages 3-9.
Disney Dining Plan brochure said:
Q. Can I use my Disney Dining Plan to redeem meals for friends or family members who are not included in my reservation and have not purchased a Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining?
A. Sorry, you may not use your Disney Dining Plan to redeem meals for friends or family members who are not included in your reservation and have not purchased a Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining.

The credits do not have to be used in any specific order.

OK I have read all the FAQ and it still does not say that I can not pay cash for my DD 10 for a kids meal, and save her adult credits?

OK I have read all the FAQ and it still does not say that I can not pay cash for my DD 10 for a kids meal, and save her adult credits?

I wrote to Disney on that--kids meals are intended for the under 10 crowd and it is printed on the menus that they are "for our guests under 10 please." I asked because sometimes my 11 yo likes the stuff from a children's menu. The reply I was given from Disney Dining was that my 11 yo could order off the children's menu but that an adult credit would be used. I found that when she did, she kind of mixed and matched the meal--the app from the children's menu, an adult entree, kids dessert--or another combination. If she chose a children's entree we found that the portion was doubled. If you are saving adult credits that you paid an adult price for there is no transgression. You shouldn't have a problem with that. If you just want to order an entree for your 10yo and skip the dessert and app. you shouldn't have an issue paying for that oop.

BTW I used to live in Endicott, both of my children were born in Vestal. It is a beautiful area to raise a young family.

If you paid for an adult DDP for the 10y old, you could use the credits as you choose (other than fam style or buffet meals) no sharing there

That's because the Dining Plan doesn't prohibit this. Each individual restaurant, however, may choose to impose the 9 year old age-limit for child meals, as they see fit.

Um, well, probably... but when you posted, the restaurants had only been open a little over an hour; anybody using the DDP for breakfast was probably not running back to their rooms to post :)

:lmao: I don't know bout that...we dis'ers get our info pretty quick!

Thanks for the offical update BuffaloGal. I hope things go smoothly for you.

We are being told that as of January 1st, the computers will know a child credit from an adult credit and there will be no way to get adult food when you paid child price on your DDP. Also, servers will be held strictly accountable for the number of diners on your key. This means no sending adults up to the CS counter twice to get grown up meals for the kids and no saving credits to buy relatives or friends who aren't on the plan a dinner. popcorn::

This is horrible news...I need to change some adr's now for jan trip....

it was too good to be true.......but they were getting my money anyway..

I would use dd's credit for a fine dining.......

Then I would Pay Extra for Kids Club.....

Then I would pay extra for the bottle of wine and a cocktail.....

trust me that added up more than using her credits:confused3

Kerri

Unfortunately, Kerri, the abuse of some led to the need to apply enforcement that affected all of us. There is a whole host of things that have gone this way -- abuse leading to enforcement which adversely affect everyone. They're listed and discussed here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=961228

I am curious how it will work at the CS places, such as Pizza Planet, that don't have a kid's menu. If you ordered 4 of the pizza combos for two adults and two kids, would you have to make sure and tell them that two were kids credits? Or will this force the few places without a kid's menu to get one? I don't have to worry anymore since I have an 11 year old adult, but I am curious.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I haven't read this thread all the way through.

See this is what I am curious about too. Although I have 3 adults on my plan me, my DH, and DD13...I also have a DS7. We eat at Caseys every time at least once, and I would hate to see them take adult credits for my DS7. I guess I will figure it out in March... :confused:

Unfortunately, Kerri, the abuse of some led to the need to apply enforcement that affected all of us. There is a whole host of things that have gone this way -- abuse leading to enforcement which adversely affect everyone. They're listed and discussed here:

I certainly didn't try to abuse.....I can understand why they
changed it....The CM"s suggested it to me at the fantasmic
package.....Pay for dd and save credits....

The cm's were certainly trying to be helpful.....I guess they
didnt realize helping me......was hurting disney.....

Anyway I'm still not happy.....Now i wont be able to take my mom
to CG....unless i cancel princess meal....

I know......tooooooo bad...

Does ANYONE know if i can have a table service for lunch...
and Dinner.....and then skip the next day for a t.s.......

Meaning....is the big thing not swapping adult and kids meals....

Or will they not let u use more than 1 ts a day per person...
thanks
kerri

The flexibility of using when you choose still seems to be in place so you should be ok if you want two TS on one day and all CS on another. What seems to be changing is the separation and distinction between adult and children's credits. Children' will have to use the credits to order off hte children's menu and adults will no longer be able to use the children's TS credit to purchase an adult meal.

Waiting for info on how Disney is handling the counter meals. With 2 disney children and 2 "adult" children, I am very interested!

I am surprised it took them so long....

WDW should hire a DISer for $100,000 a year to tell them how they plan on abusing the system - DIsney could save millions cutting out the loopholes in the plans.:cool1:

Out of curiosity what legitimate uses of the plan have been curtailed by the new enforcement mechanisms? From what I have read here these changes stop the use of child credits by adults and stop people from using credits for persons non on the dinning plan. Both of these activities have been identified as not allowed in writing by Disney for awhile now. Other than that I don't see any other impact on how people use their credits. What am I missing?

I am surprised it took them so long....

WDW should hire a DISer for $100,000 a year to tell them how they plan on abusing the system - DIsney could save millions cutting out the loopholes in the plans.:cool1:

Disney saves 100K a year by getting their information on the discussion boards for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter