• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"He was looking for the Shell Station!!" *UPDATED 04/24 -PLAZA AND OHANA*COMPLETE!*

Day 7

Food & Wine Festival

Although we’d already done a couple of food items from F&W, we decided that this would be the day we dedicated to trying everything we wanted!

We got there just as the booths were opening. Can you see how eager we were?? :lmao:

We started off on the left hand side of World Showcase. Our first booth of choice was The Caribbean! We shared each item so we got to try a little of each dish.

P1140520.jpg

This was the Jerk spiced Chicken Drumstick with Mango Salsa.

P1140521.jpg

This was really really good. Sam enjoyed it more than I did. The chicken was juicy and tasty. The mango salsa was a little too strong for me, but Sam thought this was actually the best one of the whole F&W festival!

This was the Ropa Vieja (Braised Beef) with White Rice.

P1140522.jpg

I preferred this one! Sam liked his more but I thought this was super yummy.

A photo of the Caribbean dishes together.

P1140523.jpg

We then moved onto.... Scandinavia!

P1140524.jpg

Swedish Meatballs with Lingon Berries

P1140526.jpg

I’m not a big meatball fan but this was ok! It just tasted like any other meatball to me. Sam liked these more than I did. They weren’t something we’d get again.

We then tried THE BEST DESSERT I TRIED ALL DAY!

Rice Pudding with Driscoll’s Only the Finest Berries

P1140527.jpg

Yes, I am aware it is only rice pudding, but oh wow, it was DIVINE! I seriously regret not having another of these. I think Sam only got a spoonful, I ate the rest of the whole thing! I didn’t expect something so simple to be so creamy, fresh and juicy. Mmm! If this appears back on the menu this year, definitely try it!

A photo of the Scandinavia foods together.

P1140528.jpg

Then we moved onto.. China.

We got the Xinjiang Barbecue Chicken Stick.

P1140530.jpg

It was good.. but could’ve done with a little more flavour.

Then we went to South Korea.

P1140531.jpg

This was the Boolgogi BBQ Beef with steamed Rice and Kimchi.

P1140534.jpg

As you can see, it was a pretty big portion. But needless to say, it was the worst thing we tried all day. We had a couple of bites, decided it was almost inedible and threw it away. :(

Oh well, onto Germany! (continued in next post)

P1140535.jpg

Surely we can’t go wrong with a sausage?!

This was the Nürnberger Sausage in a Pretzel Roll.

We love sausage, and we love pretzels!

P1140538.jpg

So this turned out to be a great choice! A really delicious snack and probably one of the most popular booths. Everyone seemed to be choosing this snack.

We also got a dessert from this booth.

Apfel Strudel featuring Werther’s Original Karamell Sauce and Vanilla Sauce – doesn’t that just sound amazing??

P1140537.jpg

Well it was amazing as expected! Very sweet. It didn’t match up to the Rice Pudding but it was a really good choice, glad I got it!

We then got to the Hops & Barley booth. This is where we got the Pumpkin Mousse with Ocean Spray Craisins and Orange Sauce.

We had quite an amusing discussion while waiting in line. Neither of us knew what a ‘Craisin’ was. We had also never heard of Ocean Spray. We decided it was some sort of spray they got from the ocean and sprayed it on each dish :lmao:. I just hope no one heard us!

P1140543.jpg

This was great! Both of us had never tried Pumpkin before but it was a really nice taste, and one of the cheaper options.

We then moved onto France! Another great opportunity for a dessert, right??

We got the Crème Brulée au Chocolate au Lait

P1140547.jpg

This was our first ever Creme Brulee! My parents always told me how good it was, and what a better one to try than a chocolate one!

This was fantastic! We were practically licking the little dish!

Then we stopped at the Canada Booth. You know what we had to get here..

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup

P1140549.jpg

We actually got one each. I don’t know why, I ate it all but I don’t think I really liked it, but I couldn’t stop eating it? Everybody was having the soup and I just felt like I had to like it! Quite an odd taste, strong and beer-like.

Then we stopped at our last booth of the day. We were stuffed by this point but couldn’t pass this up.

Dessert & Champagne Booth.

We got the White Chocolate Macadamia Mousse with Dark Chocolate Pearls.

P1140554.jpg

P1140555.jpg

This was amazing. Definitely a good choice. I love anything white chocolate and the dark chocolate pearls were hidden throughout. It was gone in a second but so sooo good!

After our F&W filled day, we decided to walk on over to Hollywood Studios, but not before stopping at the Boardwalk while Sam got a refreshing drink....

Coming up, drink at Boardwalk, a snack and dinner at Hollywood Studios.

Thanks for reading! I just read your dining review from last year. Great choice of resort!!

Thanks! Hoped you enjoyed it :goodvibes

Wow, everything at the F&W Festival looks amazing. I definitely need to make it to WDW for this event.

And "Ocean Spray" - So good! :rotfl:

Just joining in and loving your reviews! I've never been to the F&W and I love that you included photos of the menus. I definitely need to do a trip during this time. Can't wait for more!

Yum. your photos from the F&W are bringing back such great memories from our Nov trip.

Loving the review! Now I want to go to F&W- someday after all these kids get out of my house:rotfl2:
Can't wait to read more. You guys are adorable!

Day 7 continued...

On our way to Hollywood Studios, we stopped at the Boardwalk where Sam got a nice refreshing drink. Unfortunately, I cannot find anywhere online that tells me what it was. It was from that little shack outside the Boardwalk Bakery, I believe it may be called Frankies. Anyway, here it is!

P1140561.jpg

Doesn’t that look perfect for a nice hot day?

We carried on walking to Hollywood Studios, where we stayed for a few hours. While we were there, we had to make sure we went to The Writer’s Stop!

I normally go here just for a Coke but today I knew we had to try... The Carrot Cake Cookie!!

P1140563.jpg

We LOVE carrot cake and having it like this was absolutely delicious. I think it took us a little while to eat it, it was so huge. We sat on the Streets of America and people watched as we ate it. It was a nice relaxing moment that will stay with me for a long time. I noticed a few other guests staring at the cookie as they walked past!

We did a few more rides before it was time for dinner. We decided to share our quick service meal. We went to the Sunset Ranch Market where we got a burger and fries, and also to Fairfax Faire where we picked up a Caesar Salad.

P1140579.jpg

P1140580.jpg

We split both of them and it was a perfect dinner.

P1140581.jpg

Look at that burger! MMmmmm!

After that, we had a great time at Fantasmic, and headed back to All Star Sports where Sam bought me one of these yummies....

P1140633.jpg

The best chocolate bar in the World!!!!

I used to be addicted to these when I worked there. They are soft chocolately mint squares.

P1140641.jpg

And inside:

P1140640.jpg

Try it if you haven’t already.

Next up.. our last day! Breakfast at All Stars, Lunch at the Plaza, and Dinner at Ohana.

Just joining in and loving your reviews! I've never been to the F&W and I love that you included photos of the menus. I definitely need to do a trip during this time. Can't wait for more!

Thanks so much! Yes you need to try it, it's so much fun!

Wow, looks like you had a wonderful and yummy day at F&W :goodvibes

It was definitely yummy!! ::yes::

Yum. your photos from the F&W are bringing back such great memories from our Nov trip.

Did you try anything we did?? :bitelip:

Loving the review! Now I want to go to F&W- someday after all these kids get out of my house:rotfl2:
Can't wait to read more. You guys are adorable!

Aw thanks!!! :blush:

Almost time for the last day..... :worried:

Mmm, I love the Carrot Cake Cookie :cloud9:

Never tried the chocolate mints before but I'm gonna!

What a delicious post you have shared..

It seems that you have lots of fun there. Let see when I am the luck one to get there.

My DH had the sausage hotdog from Germany twice and I had the soup from Canada, and the apple streudel from Germany.

I love the sugar cookie from Writer's Stop.

The mint chocolates sound nice - I love the combination of chocolate and mint so will definitely have to try one of those next trip.

Mmm, I love the Carrot Cake Cookie :cloud9:

Never tried the chocolate mints before but I'm gonna!

Carrot Cake Cookie is soooo good!!

What a delicious post you have shared..

It seems that you have lots of fun there. Let see when I am the luck one to get there.

Thank you!

My DH had the sausage hotdog from Germany twice and I had the soup from Canada, and the apple streudel from Germany.

The apple strudel was really great!!

I love the sugar cookie from Writer's Stop.

The mint chocolates sound nice - I love the combination of chocolate and mint so will definitely have to try one of those next trip.

If you love chocolate and mint together then you will definitely love these!

Those chocolate mints look great....definitely going to be trying more of the snacks on my next trip!

Mmmmm Swedish Meatballs, I must get myself back to Ikea for a couple of bags from the freezer.

Love love love the carrot cake cookie.

I have used many a snack credit on the chocolate mints - but always given them away as gift - I must try one myself this trip.

Day 8.. the last day!

Can you believe the last day came already? So sad...

Anyway. We totally had to start the day with a traditional Danish breakfast, right?!

From All Star Sports Food Court. Here is mine..

P1140647.jpg

Cherry Danish. Usual!

And Sam had a Chocolate Croissant.

P1140643.jpg

Perfect breakfast to end an amazing trip at Disney. But the food wasn’t over yet!

We had lunch at one of our FAVOURITE PLACES! The Plaza Restaurant.

We first visited the Plaza on a very rainy day during our work year. We sat at the window and watched everyone getting wet outside while we were warm and dry inside, eating some yummy food.

We have been many times since, and I always order the same thing.

The Plaza actually surprised me this trip, they were the only restaurant to do something for my birthday! I sat down at the table and it’d been decorated in pixie dust for me!

P1140670.jpg

That was a great start.

Sam got a Mint Choc Chip Milkshake.

P1140678.jpg

He very kindly gave me the leftovers in the metal cup. It was so good, and the chocolate chips were giant!

This was my meal, the Turkey Sandwich - Smoked turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise on toasted multi-grain bread.

P1140681.jpg

Quite possibly THE best sandwich in the world.

Sam got the Plaza Club - Smoked ham, turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise layered on sourdough bread.

P1140680.jpg

Now this was good, but it did not beat my almighty sandwich.

The Plaza has some amazing desserts, but after the milkshake we were both too full for a dessert :(

Although we made up for that later with Ohana!

(Continued in next post)

We got to Ohana earlier than expected. Maybe about an hour and a half earlier. Oops. Anyway, lucky for us, they let us in early!

We had the gorgeous Pineapple Bread.

P1140714.jpg

This is our favourite Disney bread.

Sam got a nice drink which I believe was the Island Sunset. It was Captain Morgan Original Spiced rum, Parrot Bay Coconut rum, melon and peach combined with guava-passion fruit juice.

P1140715.jpg

I just got a Diet Coke but at least I got a nice umbrella in it too!

The sauces arrived:

P1140716.jpg

Then the salad with the honey-lime dressing.

P1140717.jpg

This salad is really good. I could eat a lot of it. It comes in second after Whispering Canyon’s salad. It’s really sweet.

P1140718.jpg

Dumplings and chicken wings. The chicken wings are a little weird for me, and I’m not normally a fan of dumplings. I think I had one. Mostly because Sam is obsessed with dumplings and ate all of them and extras!

My favourite dish is next... the noodles!

P1140719.jpg

These noodles are so good. It was lucky that Sam isn’t that keen on them so I got to eat most of them, yummy!!

Sam’s plate.

P1140721.jpg

I gotta say I miss the turkey, but the meats are still good. I just prefer my steak medium well or well done, so Sam had my steak.

Then came the dessert! Banana Bread Pudding!

P1140726.jpg

I’m really not keen on this dessert at all, plus I was already stuffed at that point, but Sam loves Banana Bread pudding.

We had asked for another Pineapple bread, but it didn’t arrive until the end of the meal, so we asked if we could have it to go instead. Our server said they didn’t let anyone have anything ‘to go’ at Ohana, which we completely understood because of the nature of the meal. So I was preparing myself to somehow either leave this delicious bread on the table or to shovel it into my mouth, when he reappeared with a tiny little to go box, and told me not to tell or show anyone!

Here it is all stuffed into the little box...

P1140728.jpg

Hehe! Needless to say it made a wonderful breakfast the next morning!

Well guys, we have come to the end of our dining review! We will be returning to the World in August, but in the meantime I will be around stalking other people’s reviews and drooling over the food.

Thank you for reading! Until next time! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter