"He was looking for the Shell Station!!" *UPDATED 04/24 -PLAZA AND OHANA*COMPLETE!*

hogwartsdropout

Let's go get that dino!
Hi fellow DISers!!

Welcome to our dining review from October 2011. Sam and I (Vikki) are from the UK. We have been together around 3 years and we actually met at WDW when we both worked at the Rose and Crown!

We took a trip to WDW and tried to cram as much in as possible. We managed to get a discounted room at our favourite value resort – All Star Sports. We stayed there for 8 nights. One of these nights, we moved to another resort for my 25th birthday!

This is us :yay:

P1130831.jpg

We have several food obsessions at WDW. The biggest one being Disney Burgers! We are both in agreement that there is no other burger that we have ever tried that is as good as a Disney Burger!

So here are the yummy food chapters:

Day 1
Dinner at Cosmic Rays

Day 2
Breakfast at Main Street Bakery
Lunch at Peco Bills Tall Tale Inn
Snack at Main Street Ice Cream Parlour

Part 2: Dinner at Rose and Crown

Day 3
Breakfast at All Star Sports Food Court
Lunch at Flame Tree Barbeque
Snack at Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery
Drink at All Star Sports Pool Bar

Part 2: Dinner at Raglan Road

Day 4
Breakfast at All Star Sports Food Court
Lunch at Earl of Sandwich

Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe

Day 5 – My birthday!
Breakfast at Sunshine Seasons
Snack at Food and Wine Festival

Lunch at Kona Cafe
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Treats!

Day 6
Breakfast at Roaring Forks
Lunch at Beaches and Cream

Snack at Hollywood Studios
Snacks at World Showcase

Day 7
Snacks at Food and Wine Festival Part 1
Snacks at Food and Wine Festival Part 2
Lunch at Writer’s Stop
Dinner at Sunset Ranch Market
Snack at All Stars Gift Shop

Day 8
Breakfast at All Stars Food Court
Lunch at The Plaza Restaurant

Dinner at Ohana

Stay tuned :) Got a LOT of photos to share!

Looking forward to your report....

Day 1
This was our travelling day. We actually got separate flights, Sam flew from London and I flew from Manchester. We met at the luggage carousel at MCO where he surprised me with a bottle of Mr Pibb! You can’t get that in the UK.. and we used to have it all the time when we lived in Orlando!

We caught the Magical Express to All Star Sports (first stop, woohoo!) and we realised we had a couple of hours before Magic Kingdom closed. Baring in mind we had both just done 2 flights to get there, but we didn’t care, so off we went to MK!

As I said in the introduction, we are pretty obsessed with Disney burgers. So can you guess what our first meal was?!

We arrived at Cosmic Rays, and right away we knew what to order! We both ordered the 1/3 lb. Angus Bacon Cheeseburger.

It was everything that we remembered and more. Delicious! And we don’t mind the new buns at all. The burgers were juicy and fresh, and the fries were perfect. Sam added quite a few mushrooms to his, and they were yummy too.

P1130797.jpg

We were so tired by this time, so we headed back to the resort to get ready for a whole day in MK.

Up next, Main Street Bakery, Peco Bills, Ice Cream Parlour, and Rose and Crown!

How cute that you met each other in Disney and that your favorite value is All Star Sports!

I'm hooked!

Sounds great, excited to read your reviews !

Thanks!!

Looking forward to your report....

Thank you!

Oooh I'm in. I love Cosmic Ray burgers :thumbsup2

I think there are a couple more burgers to come :)

Love dining reports can't wait to read more..

Thanks for reading :)

How cute that you met each other in Disney and that your favorite value is All Star Sports!

I'm hooked!

:lovestruc thanks!!

Yumm,I may have to add that to our dining plan.

Definitely a great place to spend a QS credit.

How cool that you met at Disney! Looking forward to more.popcorn::

Yeah, it really is a cool place to meet your DB. Thanks for reading!!

Day 2

We raced to get to Magic Kingdom in the morning, and after a ride on Haunted Mansion, we headed to have some breakfast at Main Street Bakery.

I got an Apple Turnover.

P1130828.jpg

It was too much apple for me, and I knew that, but I still always seem to order it! Still it was delicious, but a little too cinnamony for me. I think Sam finished the rest of it.

He ordered a Cheese Danish. We were both intrigued by this. I’d read a lot of great things about them on the DIS and we wondered if it was like cream cheese, or cheese cheese? Lol. Anyway, it tasted like a cheesecake Danish, and it was definitely a good choice!

P1130829.jpg

After that we spent a few hours doing everything in Adventureland and Frontierland. We arrived at Peco Bills and I am ashamed to say we had another Disney burger! With lots of toppings!

P1130844.jpg

This was Sam’s burger. I don’t like pickles, so mine was the same without. Our burgers were just as delicious as the night before. I think this was when Sam discovered how amazing it was to dip the fries in the cheese sauce. I didn’t think it was that good?

Just before the parade, I got a little snack! I went to the Main Street Ice Cream Parlour and bought a Single Scoop of Mint Choc Chip ice cream.

P1130854.jpg

It was really hot in the middle of the afternoon so this totally hit the spot. I love this ice cream, not sure whether it beats Ghiridelli’s though.

Part 2 coming up..

Great start. I love the fact that you met at WDW. What a great place to meet - and how great that you both love the place :thumbsup2

Yay another burger :woohoo: I've never tried a cheese danish. You would never get me away from a Cinnamon bun :lovestruc

Nice review so far! Which burger is better? The one at Pecos Bill or the one at Cosmic Rays? Thanks! :goodvibes

Nice review so far! Which burger is better? The one at Pecos Bill or the one at Cosmic Rays? Thanks!

I think the one at Peco Bills, thats my fav place out of everywhere for a Disney burger i think!

Nice review so far! Which burger is better? The one at Pecos Bill or the one at Cosmic Rays? Thanks! :goodvibes

I think the one at Peco Bills.. but that might be because I just enjoy being there more than Cosmic Rays! :laughing:

We went back to the resort for a swim and then went into Epcot that evening to see our old workplace, The Rose and Crown! We were lucky enough to get a table on Lower Deck so we had a perfect view of Illuminations.

Here’s the menu:

P1130905.jpg

It’s so weird to be back in a place where we were both servers and where we met!

I ordered a Shirley Temple and Sam ordered an English Rose. This is where I discovered Shirley Temples! I had never heard of them before I worked at the Rose and Crown.

The English Rose is quite special to us, because we had to learn how to make them in the bar.

P1130909.jpg

P1130915.jpg

Then came the bread... what a disappointment. We were wondering what happened to the Cheddar Rolls? This was just plain old boring bread.

P1130913.jpg

Next we ordered our most favourite soup in the world! Potato and Leek Soup.

P1130912.jpg

I don’t know what they’ve done to the recipe but it didn’t taste as good as we remembered. We also weren’t sure what the green goop was on the top of the soup.

For our entrees, Sam ordered Bangers and Mash, and I ordered Fish and Chips. Sam also ordered a side of Chips because he didn’t want to miss out on how yummy they are!

The Bangers and Mash were as excellent as always, however I don't think they taste anything like real UK food.

P1130917.jpg

The chips were crunchy and hot, and tasted delicious with salt and vinegar. Exactly like real UK chips.

P1130918.jpg

My fish wasn’t very nice, the batter was too soft and I didn't enjoy the flavour, so I mostly just ate the chips.

P1130919.jpg

As you can see, it was a mountain of food!! They certainly have huge portions at Rose and Crown. We couldn’t finish our meals and Sam decided it was a very bad idea to order that side of chips! Needless to say, we did not order dessert. But we probably would have if they’d kept the Chocolate Scotch Cake on the menu!

Here’s our view of Illuminations.

P1130923.jpg

Up next, Lunch and snacks at Animal Kingdom.

That's so cute that you met at WDW! Loving your reviews and looking forward to more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter