Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they’re not. The last numbers I saw had NY near the middle of the pack at around 50% vaccines administered. I don’t understand how they can claim it’s the federal government’s fault when they haven’t used everything they have. That’s finger pointing when you haven’t done everything to fix what you CAN control.

North Dakota is kicking it!
https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...entage-of-covid-19-vaccines-administered.html
You're right that NY isn't high high but I will say that article is incorrect. It says my state is 45% it's actually 60% and that is accurate as of today straight from the state health director and it matches the numbers on our state's page (earlier today before the 12pm update it was 58%)

Yea, I don’t care what that article says. NY has cancelled vaccination clinics for this week because they have not gotten the expected number of doses.

I watched the governor’s press conference on Monday. He reported on each county & the distribution sites in each one. Most sites had 80-90s % administered with maybe 1/4 doing over 50%. And then there were 1 or 2 sites in each county that had very low numbers. He has already said those sites won’t be getting more doses. Private pharmacies just started doing the public over aged 65 last Friday. So their doses might not be administered yet, but they are assigned to people who are getting them this week.

It’s hard for any state to get a distribution network organized & functioning when they don’t know how many doses they will get or when they will get them.

I swear Disney trained me for this. I studied social media regarding drop times and kept refreshing multiple times per day.
I love this so much. I totally agree! Perfect :)
Seniors who aren’t tech savvy or don’t have a family member watching for them are definitely at a disadvantage.
I couldn't agree more. My parents are 77, and fairly tech savvy, but they don't have that Disney training :) They don't do the angles. I was able to get my mom one, my dad's partner one, but not my dad yet. Still trying ...

In Sacramento, unless you belong to Kaiser, Sutter or UCDavis, you aren't getting a vaccine.
It's the same way in the Bay Area. I really don't like how our counties have basically assigned the vaccine roll out to the big providers. I actually think Kaiser has been a disaster here--Sutter has been much better. But I feel for people who aren't part of either. You basically have no options. There aren't any county sites set up yet.

I had my first shot of Moderna today in a Sutter drive-through--it was fantastic. Super well organized and efficient. Probably took 15-20 minutes to get the shot, and then 15 minutes to sit in the car nearby and wait for reaction. As a PP mentioned above, we were instructed to honk if had any issues. I'm feeling totally fine. Maybe a little sore at the injection site, but not enough to keep me from 9-holes of golf :)

Hmm...

This one has the same percent for NY. I suspect delays in updating?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/6599531002
It could be. I've noticed some information gaps with the CDC tracker and a given states. I go by a given state's information if they list it and fall back on CDC's tracker when I can't easily find a state's information.

I know for example in my state (which isn't NY) they have their own immunization website, early on I know they were large delays in data input to the CDC's website as there was a learning curve in adding the information in but they had largely been able to catch up. My state's information is coming from their own immunization website according to them.

I think it will also depend on what information an article is using and what the state is using. If I look at my state they are using Doses Distributed to mean ones they've sent to all the sites in the state. That number doesn't match what the article you posted has and may be because the information they are using is the number of doses a state is ear marked to get from the Federal government. I noticed when I looked up CA's information they had on their page a slot for "Doses Ordered".

Doses administered from today’s press conference for NY:

F828079F-E7EE-4957-B2E9-F04FF5038F05.png

And % of distribution for each region:

6B5B6F72-46F0-48B0-85DD-34FED3437F45.png

He also said there is only a 2 - 3 day supply. All sites are appointment only. So all clinics for the end of the week & early next week are cancelled. This after most clinics for this week were already cancelled.

Doses administered from today’s press conference for NY:

View attachment 551369

And % of distribution for each region:

View attachment 551370

He also said there is only a 2 - 3 day supply. All sites are appointment only. So all clinics for the end of the week & early next week are cancelled. This after most clinics for this week were already cancelled.
I think the articles and the CDC tracker are looking at how many the state was distributed and how many they've vaccinated off of that. If I look at CDC tracker NY has distributed 2,057,875 doses. The percentage being used is how many people vaccinated in comparison to how many doses distributed. I honestly couldn't find at a quick glance on NY's website how many they say they've actually distributed

I think the articles and the CDC tracker are looking at how many the state was distributed and how many they've vaccinated off of that. If I look at CDC tracker NY has distributed 2,057,875 doses. The percentage being used is how many people vaccinated in comparison to how many doses distributed. I honestly couldn't find at a quick glance on NY's website how many they say they've actually distributed

The vaccine has only been available for going on 6 weeks. NY got 300,000 doses for 4 weeks, 250,000 doses last week. 1,450,000 doses as of last week. Can’t remember the figure I heard for this week, but it was leas than 250,000. So, no, NY has not had 2 million + doses to distribute. The regional % rates above are allocated shots in arms. I live in NY. I know what the issues are.

I got my second shot of Pfizer yesterday at 9:15a. I started to have moderate muscle aches and fatigue at 9p. Had a hard time falling asleep I couldn’t get comfortable. Took an 800mg of ibuprofen and fell asleep. Woke up with moderate chill, muscle aches, joint pain and a small fever. Didn’t work today. Just felt fatigued and uncomfortable all day. Just took another ibuprofen and going to bed. Hopefully this will be gone by tomorrow.

The vaccine has only been available for going on 6 weeks. NY got 300,000 doses for 4 weeks, 250,000 doses last week. 1,450,000 doses as of last week. Can’t remember the figure I heard for this week, but it was 250,000 or less. So, no, NY has not had 2 million + doses to distribute. The regional % rates above are allocated shots in arms. I live in NY. I know what the issues are.
Hey..I'm just trying to explain what the percentages are going off of :flower3:

I looked at a news story from 4 days ago for NY and it said it it was healthcare distribution sites only (eta: and the number of doses received excluded LTC) it excluded the LTC through the Federal program. That could be a difference right there (eta: meaning in number of doses that was said to be given to the state though that's a guess) I know my state is including everyone who has received the vaccine period and the only people who have been eligible (save for some counties being able to do a few in Phase 2) have been LTC and healthcare workers. I am not trying to speak for your area just going off the information I've seen and I was explaining where they were getting the percentage from in a general way (dividing number of doses distributed by number of vaccines administered).

Last edited:
So you think all states should be opening their vaccinations up to non-permanent residents that live in other countries the vast majority of whom are over 65 & will be vaccinated before the general population? I doubt many people in other states would be okay with that.

There's a news story today that "starting NOW" in Florida you have to prove that you're a resident or part-time resident.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind at all a drive-up process though. Maybe as the COVID situation hopefully improves in my area, more healthcare workers get vaccinated they can spare more healthcare workers to observe people whatever that means here in the area.

We can only hope, right?

For me, the drive up was about as easy and contact-free as this could possibly get and people are not all queuing up in a room together. We're still getting 10K+ (on average) new Covid infections in FL, so as far as I'm concerned, the less contact the better.

In NY our numbers for vaccines distributed do not include Nursing Home patients. Those numbers are under a different federal guideline and the Cuomo said that all nursing home residents have had at least their first dose and many have had their second. I joked the other night with my kids I was the 1 millionth person (not really). Both my husband who received Moderna and I (Pfizer) complained of our arms hurting and our necks. Much better yesterday and completely gone today. My co teacher who went on Tuesday felt terrible yesterday - like she went 5 rounds with Mike Tyson and she was running a slight fever last night. She also reacts this way to the flu vaccine so just a warning to people who may react to the flu vaccine.

On another note I am interested to see how things go in Israel. Their cases keep climbing but they have had the most aggressive vaccination campaign. It will be interesting to see what happens within the next couple of weeks but they are also in a 3rd lockdown so it might be difficult to discern lockdown vs. vaccine.

The reason I "liked" your post was because of the word normalcy you mentioned. It doesn't seem to be in any kind of near future.

One of my Infusion nurses had her 2nd vaccine literally right before she was infusing me today at the hospital I go to. So I was very eager to ask (and I did) questions about her vaccine. She said she pretty much filled out papers as we do when getting the flu shot. She was told she could still get this strain of Covid for up to at least three months after this 2nd shot and could still spread the virus to others even after thus she still needed to constantly wear a mask. She was also told that there was a strong possibility that this vaccine would only cover this strain right now.

Personally for me.....that was rather depressing news. Of course right now because I take this weekly plasma therapy infusion.....I'm assuming that's why my Alpha group nor my lung doc have gotten ahold of me, yet. I guess. :confused3
If that’s the case. There is literally no reason for a young healthy person to get vaccinated. So as it is, I will not be getting jabbed.
If guidance changes today, wouldn’t be surprised, and being vaccinated means being normal, ill sign right up.

On another note I am interested to see how things go in Israel. Their cases keep climbing but they have had the most aggressive vaccination campaign. It will be interesting to see what happens within the next couple of weeks but they are also in a 3rd lockdown so it might be difficult to discern lockdown vs. vaccine.
I was reading that Israel is questioning the effectiveness given for the first dose. The news article said "Many people have been infected between the first and second injections of the vaccine,” Ash said, adding that the protective effect appears “lower than [the data] presented by Pfizer.”

Ash is said to be their equivalent of our Fauci. One of my main concerns throughout is if we have too many people walking around with just 1 dose. I was already concerned about that but hearing they may, in at least one country, question the already low (IMO) efficacy of 52% for 1 dose isn't making my concerns any better.

If that’s the case. There is literally no reason for a young healthy person to get vaccinated. So as it is, I will not be getting jabbed.
If guidance changes today, wouldn’t be surprised, and being vaccinated means being normal, ill sign right up.
Of course you'll make your own decision. But saying there is no reason for a young healthy person to be vaccinated is just wrong. The only way we're shutting down circulation of this virus is to have a critical mass of people of all ages vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter