Have you ever spotted anyone famous at WDW?

I saw Warren Moon at the Villain store at DHS a few years ago. He was waiting for his kids to get some treats from the counter. I sacrificed one of the postcards I had bought to send to family and asked for his autograph. He was very nice and talked to me for a bit. I asked him if he'd been swamped with people asking for autographs and photos. He said I was actually the first person who had approached him in the two days he had been at WDW. He kind of laughed and said he was glad I came over because he was starting to think he was old and irrelevant! Fun memory for me of that trip!

Warren Moon is a great guy. Saw him at an upscale arcade/restaraunt thing (think Dave and Busters) in Seattle on a Sunday after a game. I was there with the soccer team I was coaching and my girls all ran over and got his autograph. He graciously signed all and then we let him get back to his kids. I really wanted to talk to him, but just stayed back to let the girls have the experience.

Have been going to WDW for 18 years now and have only seen 1 celeb. It was Neil Patrick Harris at DHS after he performed at CP last December.

He was in disguise, baseball hat and sunglasses, but since we had great seats the night before, I spotted him right away.

1. Michael Jackson walking in P.I during our honeymoon in 1998 with a bunch of bodyguards.

2. Kobe Bryant at the Swan last year ,whn we checked in he was standing nearly behind me with his family and a guide . Not a fan of KOBE ..
GO CELTICS :thumbsup2

My sister and I spotted the Lawerence brothers (Joey, Matthew and Andrew?). Back in the day when they were super popular and we happened to be at the right age to "scream like little girls". It was a highlight!! Then another trip not at Disney this time but the airport we spotted Amy grant.

(you also mentioned las Vegas and our last trip we spotted Nicolas Cage by the entrance to the viva Elvis show, he is really showing his age)

I agree with the above poster. If I ever saw a celebrity anyway, not just Disney Parks, I would maybe tell my wife or whoever I am with about it, but I would never approach them.

Celebrities don't owe anybody ANYTHING. The fact you have seen "so-n-so" in ten movies and you are "his biggest fan" doesn't mean you know him. Enjoy the spotting, mark it in your book, and walk away.

I always bristle when I see people writing about how they walked up to "so-n-so" and he "was so rude to me." Well, what is NEVER discussed is what that person was doing before being approached by a stranger. You may have seen this person in a bunch of movies or on TV but you don't know them anymore than you know a random person walking down the street. They are just as apprehensive as anybody would be to a stranger.

Zachary Ty Bryan (?) from Home Improvement in the hot tub at SAB w/ my daughter; Larry King (very loud) at the GF Cafe; Holly Madison at the CA Grill; and John Stamos also at the CA Grill.

My boyfriend ran right into a Jonas brother in the bathrooms in Adventureland. I was in the ladies room and missed the whole thing, but he snapped a few photos to prove it when the Jonas was mobbed by girls when he exited.

My daughter would die if she ever had the chance to run into any of them. The poor girl has had a crush on Nick since the 1st grade and she is now in the 6th grade.

As a child my family seemed to have a knack for being there when sitcoms were filming and as a result I got to see the entire cast of Full House in 1992 (I was 8 and it was my favorite show at the time) and in 1995 the entire cast of Roseanne.

I've also seen my favorite band (Hanson) in the parks plenty of times in 2010 and 2011 as they were playing F&W. I've been to so many shows over the last 15 years that they actually all recognize me so it wade for pretty awesome vacations.

We ran into Neil Patrick Harris last Dec. in Epcot. He was getting a diet coke at a cart over by Nemo. This was not at Disney but a few years back my brother asked my son and middle daughter if they would like to do some back ground acting in a movie. It ended up being Camp Rock 2 so they got to meet and work with the Jonas brothers.

We saw Don Knotts back around 1995 in the Hollywood Studios Park (back when it had a different name, which somehow escapes me at the moment)...

but, so did everyone else...as he was the Celebrity o' the day...where he rode in the parade and put his hand prints in the cement.

Afterwards he did a Q & A in the large auditorium to the left of the Great Movie Ride.

I'm a BIG Barney Fife fan, so this was a big thrill, and a big surprise that he happened to be there.

Also saw Abigail Breslin do the reading for Epcot Christmas Processional.

Robert Irvine at Yachtsman Steakhouse.

If you attend the Candlelight Processional, you are guaranteed to see a celebrity. I saw Geena Davis.

Two summers ago we saw Brett Favre and his entire family in the Crystal Palace. All of the men in that place were completely in awe of him! But nobody bothered him.

Last June, I saw a Biggest Loser contestant walking into MK! It was Mark Kruger (he was on with his brother, Jay, and they cried all the time...lol). He looked great still!

In 1999, I was waiting to sit at Planet Hollywood at Downtown Disney. Gary Carter was eating dinner with his family. I am a HUGE Mets fan, 1986 season being my favorite as a kid. My college buddies were trying to get me to go meet him and have him sign my Mets hat, which I was always wearing. I did not want to bother him while he ate. I thought about that several time after hearing he was sick and sadly dying young.

The previous year we met Peter Gammons (huge deal for us baseball fans) and Karl Ravech at ESPN at Boardwalk right before Baseball Tonight. Karl stopped by our table and said, He brother how is it going? to my buddy (we are all white). We still joke about Karl being his brother. As we stumbled out afterwards we ran into Don Sutton, John Smoltz and Denny Neagle...

We saw Mick Foley (Mandkind WWE) at Animal Kingdom with is kids in 2009. He was huge!! In 2011 we sat next to Neil Patrick Harris in the concierge lounge at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

That didn't happen to be either right before or right after the 10:30 Nemo show on December 13th, did it? :cool1: We went to WDW that week specifically so my lovesick 14 year old daughter might get a chance to see NPH in person (yes, she knows she's not his type:rotfl:). We had great seats for the CP, and apparently had some near misses during our stay, but finally on our last day we saw him and his group slip into the Nemo theater right before the show. He was about 40 feet away and my daughter stared at him the whole time, and when he was walking out he was about one foot away from her. She couldn't speak without breaking into tears for two hours afterwards. He and his group went off towards the bathrooms after the show, but I wouldn't let my husband follow him. Now that I think about it, there was probably an escape door near there...

We ran into Neil Patrick Harris last Dec. in Epcot. He was getting a diet coke at a cart over by Nemo. This was not at Disney but a few years back my brother asked my son and middle daughter if they would like to do some back ground acting in a movie. It ended up being Camp Rock 2 so they got to meet and work with the Jonas brothers.

My sister and I saw Corey Feldman at Epcot in the late 80's. We both saw him pass us walking with just one other big guy (probably a bodyguard) so we turned around and followed. When they went into one of the buildings we went up and asked if we could get an autograph and pic. He was very nice and posed for pics with us and signed autographs and then went on his way!

We've seen multiple over the years. Many, many actors, golfers, singers, and most recently The Speaker of the House, John Boehner. We had a nice conversation with him in the GFCL. He was very, very cordial and engaging.

We just spent the Easter weekend at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village. My cousin saw Rod Stewart and his family in the lobby. The rest of our were out by the pool and missed it!

As a child my family seemed to have a knack for being there when sitcoms were filming and as a result I got to see the entire cast of Full House in 1992 (I was 8 and it was my favorite show at the time) and in 1995 the entire cast of Roseanne.

I've also seen my favorite band (Hanson) in the parks plenty of times in 2010 and 2011 as they were playing F&W. I've been to so many shows over the last 15 years that they actually all recognize me so it wade for pretty awesome vacations.

Jealous!!! I was there in 2011 for F&W to see Hanson and we went to MK the night before... I heard they were there but never did see (or maybe recognize them if they were in costume)... I named my daughter Lucy after their song :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter