Have you ever failed a class?

mikeyandscoobyx2

<font color=orange><b>-hugs tag-fairy-</b><br><fon
I'm a freshman in highschool and this year I think is the first year i've probably ever failed a class. I thought i'd try algebra, I guess I really couldn't handle it. I went to my guidance counselor to transfer me, but it took her three weeks, and by then the marking period was already over.

Have you ever failed a class? And if so, which one?

:headache:

No.
I cry when I almost get 89% on my grade cards. I could never handle getting an F. I know a lot of people are all "omg, why are you crying about a B, that's good!" Not good enough for me, when I've had As all my life, sorry. (Yes, I know college won't be like that.)

I failed religion at my catholic high school. I talked them into dropping that grade because colleges don't really care about that though. So I consider myself lucky.

Yes, I too failed math :headache:when I was a freshman and had to make it up the following year. Math wasn't nor is it still my strong subject, in fact I can't even look at the math my kids do now :confused3as a senior in HS 20 yrs later.

I hate math.

:rotfl:

It's ridiculous what they make you do. Luckily, i'm in concepts of algebra now. I'm pathetic. :rolleyes1

I failed the first semester of math last year. My teacher was too busy flirting with girls to teach us anything. At least they fired him before the second semester.
But I had credits from math in middle school, so I don't have to make it up.

The only class I failed for the year was 7th grade math. Everyone in that summer school class had the same teacher I did.

I did fine in 8th grade and actually had an A on my first report card.

In Algebra I, I failed the first quarter but I got a new teacher the next quarter because the particular teacher I had just wasn't for me AT ALL. He taught advanced math classes and we had quizzes over the homework. So if you didn't understand the homework from the night before you would fail the quiz. It was bad. I'm so glad my mom called the assistant principal after the counselor wouldn't do anything. I would have failed math for sure that year.

I have withdrawn from a few college classes, including math. I did it so I wouldn't fail.

I failed a semester of AP Calc last year. I'm suprised I didn't fail the whole year. I already met my math requirements so I didn't need to pass it. It was so confusing, though. It didn't help that I didn't pay attention or do homework. My teacher wouldn't even check to see if I had it done, haha. One time he said, "everyone get out your homework, Andy just take out your book." Ahh, that was a fun class.

Algebra, freshmen year. I was out on chemo and missed all of freshmen year, so my guidance counselor just told me to get a 65 for algebra and take it the next year. I made it up sophomore year and left with an 88.

No, never. I mean even if I'm bad in a class, I'm capable of grasping enough of the concept to get at least a 70.
Fail here is below a 60.

What's irritating me is now, that we're in our junior year people tell me I'm nuts for thinking a 76 is bad. Hello, you're not going to get accepted to universities if your grade in every class is around a 70. Even if you do get accepted, I'm fairly certain it wouldn't be the one you wanted. It's okay to get bad grades in middle school. Now, it not.

I failed my Physics class. Not surprising since it just confused me. Wish I knew beforehand....

Nope. i've never gotten a final grade as anything below a C (and only one or two of those.)

No.
I cry when I almost get 89% on my grade cards. I could never handle getting an F. I know a lot of people are all "omg, why are you crying about a B, that's good!" Not good enough for me, when I've had As all my life, sorry. (Yes, I know college won't be like that.)

its completely possible to get good grades in college. the hard part is that you get only 3-4 grades a semester in most classes, so you first grade might be like a C, but your others (once you figure out what the professor wants) can be As, and you can still make an A in that class. does that make sense?

never failed, but i've come close in university.
we have to take one science & one social science class if you're in arts, and i didn't do too well in either of those.

I don't think I've ever gotten an E as a final grade.. I've gotten plenty of Ds, but no E :-)
I have gotten Es for quarterly grades, however, but I would get good enough grades in the other 3 quarters to keep my grade above failing.

my grades in college so far are looking good, so it doesnt look like ill be failing anything this semester. :D yayayayyy. :cool2:

its completely possible to get good grades in college. the hard part is that you get only 3-4 grades a semester in most classes, so you first grade might be like a C, but your others (once you figure out what the professor wants) can be As, and you can still make an A in that class. does that make sense?

Oh, that's good. A friend was telling me a C in college was like an A because you hardly ever get them in college. I also heard that in order to get As you have to do more than your assigned. Like if you're assigned a 5 page research paper, you should have 7 pages and include extra information.

Thanks for the info. :)

Oh, that's good. A friend was telling me a C in college was like an A because you hardly ever get them in college. I also heard that in order to get As you have to do more than your assigned. Like if you're assigned a 5 page research paper, you should have 7 pages and include extra information.

Thanks for the info. :)

stop listening to that friend! hahah.

if a teacher says FIVE pages, do FIVE. thats what they want. they're not playing games or trying to trick you. and you'll second guess yourself a lot, because a lot of people think the professors want lots of pages of fluff, which typically really isn't true. really, just go by what they say, and you'll do fine.

i was assigned a paper to be 1.5-2 pages, and i wrote 1.5 pages and got an A+. so, really just do whats assigned. lots and lots of people in my class turned in 4-5-6 page papers, just because they didn't believe the professor and tried to add lots and lots of fluff.

and a C is definitely not a A, but getting a C doesn't mean you can't get an A, know what i mean?

the only difference is that a C is more. um. okay? in college than in high school. when youg et a c in high school its kindof a bad grade, but a C in college doesn't feel like a bad grade, you just know you can pull it up.

doing more than assigned can backfire on you pretty badly. just do whats assigned, but do it really well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter