Have you ever been on a Segway?

No, but came close on one cruise. Unfortunately, a group before us was robbed and the cruise line cancelled our excursion. :(

I have. They are a workout! I went with friends on a local tour. The guide took us down along the river on the landing. We then had to go up the steep landing. when you are on a Segway you lean forward to get it to go forward. I was afraid I was going to fall over so I stepped off the Segway. When you step off they spin around. So it started spinning and then shot down towards the river! That little guide probably never ran so fast in his life! He caught that thing right before it went into the water! We say that the Segway company has a picture of us with a note saying do not let these people use our Segways!

my husband took the Epcot tour. He really enjoyed it.

Yep, once at Epcot. Really fun, but my feet got sore as I was actually standing in one spot the whole time. Try standing in one spot without moving your feet for 30+ min. Glad I did it though.

It is easy to work IF it comes to you naturally. I had a really difficult time with it. I didn't get a lot of time so maybe I would have gotten better but it felt so odd and not for me. They look so fun though.

I have not been on a Segway that looks like the one pictured above, but I do have a Segway.

(Segway is just a name of a company, not a particular mobility device. Segway sells many different kinds of products).

Have ridden the original Segway many years ago. The device is fairly easy to learn and there were speed controls that could limit it from going too fast. As I recall the device would automatically stop if you stepped off or let go of the hand grip. Their website shows a bunch of other devices, but the ones pictured above is probably what most are familiar with.

My wife and I did both Segway tours at Disney. EPCOT (sadly discontinued) and Ft. Wilderness. Very easy to learn and a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter