Have any deluxe guests tried to go to cabana bay

Her now and checked in BIL. I asked when checking in what the policy was for other deluxe guests and was told that YES we can use the pool, just need room key

So that is great news for those wondering

:bitelip:

Please let us know if it actually works, with all the miscommunication I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Sooooooooo.......

Has anyone tried a room key from a deluxe resort at CBBR pool?
Just wondering- so many different answers!

Sooooooooo.......

Has anyone tried a room key from a deluxe resort at CBBR pool?
Just wondering- so many different answers!

Yes, we had a week long stay at CB last week, but a couple of us wanted to spend a night a Portofino Bay for the convenience and 2 day express passes. I tried the PBH key but it did not work to open the gate. Since I also had a reservation at CB for the same time, did not see the need to ask for a keycard for a PBH guest just for the pool area.

Just booked RPH for 21 - 24! Nana's (my mother's) only request was to see Harry Potter and float in a lazy river.

I was told by multiple CSR's that we could use the CB Pools (I keep calling back)- that we just needed our room key. We will see what happens. If it has not been confirmed prior to our visit - I will confirm. We also plan on renting a Cabana if possible so I can verify that as well.

Also - when debating between PBH and RPH - the CSR told me that RPH was the closest since I was planning on pool hopping.

Time will tell!!!!!

I look forward to your return and hearing how the experience went. We are planning on doing the same thing and can't wait to hear if you hit any snags.

Thanks!

:confused3. I would also really like to know the final answer to this question. Heading down to RPR on august 16 & we would love to check out CB's pool if allowed.

Hi Everyone!!!

I know this is going to be so disappointing - but we did not end up testing this. I will say though that based on everything - it does not seem to be an issue yet. And we went when the hotels were sold out. We were told to just bring our room keys and they would give us a card that would work for the gate.

I am still kind of shocked that we did not go - but it was so much hassle! I have two little ones and this was my first Universal trip with them. While we were there - you had to walk, drive or take the bus to get to CBR. But the bus only goes from the park to CBR, so you would have to walk or take the boat from RPH to the parks - and then a bus from the parks to CBR. For us - the RPH pool is awesome and it just was not worth the hassle of carting everyone and the massive amounts of baby stuff.

One of the boat captains told us that there were plans to have boat access to both CBR and a new "deluxe" hotel. Not sure if they would connect all of them at that point. Not to mention - this may hold as much water as the "Disney Bus Driver". HA!!

Thanks for the updated post. :thumbsup2
Not sure if we will get to try it either-depends on how much time it takes us to accomplish everything on everyone's list of must dos.
Hope you had a good time.

We went pool hopping from RPR to CBR! CBR does have a key card slot at the pool gates for a swipe to unlock. Here is how we did it.

Take water taxi to CityWalk. Go back out towards the 'hub' where all of the garages converge. There is an escalator down to the taxis and buses. The CBR bus very easy to spot with its blue color.

Once off the bus at CBR, go the main entrance (check-in desk). There is a side concierge desk near the desk where they sell park tickets. Tell them you are there to pool hop and that you want a key card.

The guy was very happy to show off their pools. He ask how many cards we needed (he would have made one for each RPR room key if we wanted).

Done. Easy. We had a great time!

We went pool hopping from RPR to CBR! CBR does have a key card slot at the pool gates for a swipe to unlock. Here is how we did it. Take water taxi to CityWalk. Go back out towards the 'hub' where all of the garages converge. There is an escalator down to the taxis and buses. The CBR bus very easy to spot with its blue color. Once off the bus at CBR, go the main entrance (check-in desk). There is a side concierge desk near the desk where they sell park tickets. Tell them you are there to pool hop and that you want a key card. The guy was very happy to show off their pools. He ask how many cards we needed (he would have made one for each RPR room key if we wanted). Done. Easy. We had a great time!

Thanks for the update :-) Did you just use the pool or did you also do the lazy river as well?

Thanks for the update :-) Did you just use the pool or did you also do the lazy river as well?

Sorry it took a few days to reply. Just got back and it was FUN!

Anyway, there are two pool areas at CBR. The first had a slide and a sand 'beach' area with ping pong etc.

To get to the second pool, you have to walk back through the lobby. That pool is nice with music playing under water like at HRH (but oldies). The lazy river is next to it. The water the was cooler which was a nice change in the blazing heat. Tubes were not required so we jumped right in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter