Have any deluxe guests tried to go to cabana bay

Like I said before, it's fine for anyone to visit, but not use the amenities we pay for. If I go to the pool and there is not a place because of CB guest are there I'm going to be pissed. I can't believe they are letting this go.

resized_the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-dig-6-foot-holes-but-when-i-do-i-m-really-pissed-off-at-somebody-09cbda.jpg

If you don't mind my asking, how much is a Cabana? I can get a room there for $89 + tax so I'm trying to decide if it's worth it just to use the pool for a day.
It is 50$ for my day (8/31) - I have seen many people quote $100 for this summer. You're right, at that rate it would be nice to have a whole room for the day. We just want a place to hang out, watch tv, nap and swim - the plan is to spend the morning at the park and head over about lunch time, either staying through the movie, or heading back to the park for the last few hours - depends how tired we are by then and how much we've already done/seen on our park days.

Couldn't find anything on the other hotels FAQ's though. They probably want to show off the deluxe hotels so the CB guests will stay Deluxe for their next trip.

I would really like to know if the other hotels can use the lazy river at CB. We're at RPR but the only thing my kids liked about CB was the lazy river ;-)

To be honest I think Universals may dig themselves a hole here.
It is all very well them saying go and use nice facilities of PBH etc. They need to remember the CB is a cheaper hotel with maybe cheaper facilities? How fair is it on the guests at Delux hotels to have more people from a mod hotel in the pool etc?

I know Dis does not allow pool hopping. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. Cant imagine Dis guests at Yacht club being happy if pop century guests were allowed in there pool. I think Uni they should keep it so ALL Delux guests get the perk of pool hopping only. One of the extra incentives to go DELUX.

Please do not get me wrong... I am in no way a snob and spent most of my life in cheaper hotels. Yet when I look at my next visit and how much it actually costs to stay at a Delux etc. It makes me think they should keep mod and Delux pools exclusive to price bracket. Hoping does not make me sound all mean lol

Guess it is more due to fact conflciting information is out there. We hearing CB can use Delux pools but not other way round.
Even so... I would prefer that CB guests just have CB pool to use. For selfish reasons The RPR is closest to CB and I worry it would be the hardest hit :)

I imagine that if the pool hopping becomes a problem, they will change the procedure. I really don't see why Cabana Bay people would want to visit the other pools. The pools there are great and they are huge.

I am staying at CB in September and have no desire to pool hop. I honestly think they should stop pool hopping and only allow guests to use the pools at the hotel they are staying. I don't think it's fair to guests at any of the onsite hotels to not be able to get a lounge chair because someone from another hotel has it.

I imagine that if the pool hopping becomes a problem, they will change the procedure. I really don't see why Cabana Bay people would want to visit the other pools. The pools there are great and they are huge.

I think you're right, and I would imagine that the reason they aren't letting the other resort guests go there is because that one hotel has roughly the same number of rooms as the other 3 combined. Still, I'd have liked to check it out.

It is 50$ for my day (8/31) - I have seen many people quote $100 for this summer. You're right, at that rate it would be nice to have a whole room for the day. We just want a place to hang out, watch tv, nap and swim - the plan is to spend the morning at the park and head over about lunch time, either staying through the movie, or heading back to the park for the last few hours - depends how tired we are by then and how much we've already done/seen on our park days.

Thanks, we're going in October so I'd imagine it would be similar. Honestly I wouldn't have actually spent the night in the room if we did get it, I would have just been booking so we could check out the pool. That's actually a damned nice rate for a cabana at any hotel, heck the ones here charge a minimum of $100 and they aren't at any sort of theme park.

I think you're right, and I would imagine that the reason they aren't letting the other resort guests go there is because that one hotel has roughly the same number of rooms as the other 3 combined. Still, I'd have liked to check it out.

I can understand that. It just felt a bit weird that delux guests had to share there pool with a mod hotel, but not vice versa.

That said from what I have read uni/lowes pretty good. So if it did become a prob as Damo said they would prob change it.

This is from their Facebook page:

Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort : Joanna Our pools are actually just for the guest staying with us.
Like · Reply · 1 · June 22 at 10:18am

Looks like only the hotel guests will have access to their pools, or if you rent a cabana for the day.

You must not have looked for the persons post that they were responding to

"Joanna Are you able to come and enjoy the pools for the day for a fee or just for guests who are staying at the hotel?"

This person was asking if they could pay a fee to come hang out at the pool without being a guest at any of the 4 properties.

I asked when checking in today at Portofino about using the pools at CB and was told yes we could but they don't offer transportation there. Have not tried, maybe during the break tomorrow we can try.

"Joanna Are you able to come and enjoy the pools for the day for a fee or just for guests who are staying at the hotel?"

This person was asking if they could pay a fee to come hang out at the pool without being a guest at any of the 4 properties.

Now this makes sense now :)

Like I said before, it's fine for anyone to visit, but not use the amenities we pay for. If I go to the pool and there is not a place because of CB guest are there I'm going to be pissed. I can't believe they are letting this go.

You are aware that other Deluxe guests from other resorts are allowed to your resort pool as well, right? So they added one more hotel to the list. It's not a big deal...

IMO, the CB hotel pool/lazy river sound so awesome that the other pools shouldn't be so attractive to them anyway.

Oh ok, thanks. Sorry for the mis information, I was on my phone and I couldn't see all the posts. I'm going to stay there one night before I check into hard rock just to check out the resort. Pool hopping has never been an issue for me anyway. In all the years I have been going I have never had the desire to pool hop. We use whatever pool is at our resort just for the convenience alone.

Oh ok, thanks. Sorry for the mis information, I was on my phone and I couldn't see all the posts. I'm going to stay there one night before I check into hard rock just to check out the resort. Pool hopping has never been an issue for me anyway. In all the years I have been going I have never had the desire to pool hop. We use whatever pool is at our resort just for the convenience alone.

After reading the facebook post i sent sent them an email last night asking this question . "We will be coming to orlando and staying at Portofino Bay . I have read that Guests staying at Cabana Bay are allowed to go to the pools at the other Resorts on the property. Are Guests saying at the other Resorts allowed to visit the Cabana Bay pools? "

And this is the response i got

Good evening,

You are more than welcome to visit our pools! Just stop by the front desk after you arrive so that we can issue a key that will give you the access you need.

If there is anything else that we can do for you, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Just an FYI, from the terms on Cabana Bay's site, only guests of the hotel may rent a Cabana.

"Please have a member of your party check in at Atomic Tonic to complete payment and also receive the location of your cabana. We are located in the Cabana Courtyard in front of the Starlight building. Cabana guest must be staying at the hotel."

You are aware that other Deluxe guests from other resorts are allowed to your resort pool as well, right? So they added one more hotel to the list. It's not a big deal...

IMO, the CB hotel pool/lazy river sound so awesome that the other pools shouldn't be so attractive to them anyway.

We absolutely know other deluxe guests can use our hotels but portofino is around $500 a night and I believe cb has rooms for $100...that's quite a difference and just because you don't think it's a big deal doesn't make it ok for those of us who DO think it's a big deal. Again, 5 cb families come over to portofino cuz their pool is way to crowded. Let's say 3 people each family. That's 15 people crowding the pool that I pay $500 a night for. And if we can't use their pool, that's absolutely insane.

We absolutely know other deluxe guests can use our hotels but portofino is around $500 a night and I believe cb has rooms for $100...that's quite a difference and just because you don't think it's a big deal doesn't make it ok for those of us who DO think it's a big deal. Again, 5 cb families come over to portofino cuz their pool is way to crowded. Let's say 3 people each family. That's 15 people crowding the pool that I pay $500 a night for. And if we can't use their pool, that's absolutely insane.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter