• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Haunted Mansion problem today

We got stuck on HM for a good twenty minutes once. It wasn't in a good spot either, it was in the room with the psychic in the crystal ball. Had to hear her spiel over and over again. lol. DD memorized it.

It was a long wait.

We got stuck on HM last Feb for about 10-15 mins. In the graveyard scene where the first head pops up from behind the tombstone. LOL I wanted to punch it after awhile. I started just making ghosty sounds when it popped up..like ooogity boogity. LOL It was late EMH about 1am and I was exhasted at that point, I got silly!:laughing:

Yes, rides stop but I think the OP's point was the amount of time stuck on the ride.
To be honest, I would freak out a bit because I could easily think of some "worst case scenarios" while I would be sitting there letting my imagination run wild as to the reason we were stopped so long (fire, crazy person running around, etc.).

I am thinking that is why she freaked as well. She knows about possible ride stopping but when the CMs are running by it makes you wonder what may have happened and to be stopped for so long. My first thoughts when she told me was did a child fall out and get hurt, did someone have a heart attack, etc.

I know I will NEVER do the backlot tour again as we were stuck for 45 minutes in the sun and it was hot. Had a lot of little kids getting antsy and needing water and bathrooms. That was my first and last experience on that but we didn't have CMs running by or anything that could have been construed as an emergency/extremely dangerous situation. I also said "I wonder if the girls from the IASW ride were in there throwing coins as well?" Then I had to explain to her what had happened on there.

Yeah, there are definitely rides I'd rather be stuck on than HM! :)

I hope this small mishap doesn't ruin her whole vacation!

And what if you had to go to the bathroom? :scared1::scared1::scared1: Sitting there for an hour with my son who has to go would not be a pleasant experience!!!

Makes you wonder why they didn't just evac everyone after about 15 minutes. I would panic if I was in one of the cars tilted backwards.

I am now thinking it was not meant for her family to have a good time at the Magic Kingdom today since her mother, daughter and niece ended up stopped in IASW and after 15 minutes were taken out of the ride by a bridge and emergency exit. They are now calling it quits for the day.

One of the trucks ahead of us stalled out. We then had to sit there for 20 minutes until they could get it out of the way. Between the spot it was at and the animals, it apparently took a little while. It would have actually been pretty cool, but we were stuck in spot where there was nothing to look at. Even our driver was about to lose it from boredom.

One of the trucks ahead of us stalled out. We then had to sit there for 20 minutes until they could get it out of the way. Between the spot it was at and the animals, it apparently took a little while. It would have actually been pretty cool, but we were stuck in spot where there was nothing to look at. Even our driver was about to lose it from boredom.

I would say after you managed to get stuck on the least likely ride to get stuck on, probably pack it in for the week and try again next year, haha!

I just can't believe they left people on HM for over an hour. It isn't a water ride. It is very easy to walk out of except for a couple of tricky spots on the hills. They should have turned on the lights and evacuated. We've been walked off of more than one ride over the years.

I just can't believe they left people on HM for over an hour. It isn't a water ride. It is very easy to walk out of except for a couple of tricky spots on the hills. They should have turned on the lights and evacuated. We've been walked off of more than one ride over the years.

I don't know but I am still wondering if something didn't happen to another guest causing them to be made to stay put. I would probably be worried too if CMs are running by as to me that is normally a sign of something not good happening. I really hate that she is not having a good time this trip.

HM stops all the time. Not usually that long, though.

One time it stopped on my son and I, and when we got off, The Dream Squad was there. :thumbsup2

I would def freak if I got stuck on tot for an hour!!! :scared1: :rotfl:

My daughter was really hesitant to go on TOT. The rest of the family raced ahead to get on it and I waited behind to ride with her. WE were the ones that got stuck. 1/2 way through the drop sequence it just stopped. Now that is scary. you are in almost total black. You have been dropping and popping back up and then you are just stuck. You don't know if you are going to drop again without expecting it. You even worry that another elevator might drop on you. (remember...it is dark!). Finally after about the longest 15 minutes of my life they pulled us down manually and let us out a cast member exit. They offered to put us right back on the next elevator and my daughter said NO WAY!!!! This was about 7 years ago and she has NEVER forgot it and never will!

We were stuck in Splash Mountain that long once. It seems kind of like an eternity and Brere Bear was really getting on my nerves by the time they finally had it running again.

Then there was Test Track, we were stuck in the heat erosion room. Can you say HOT? That was only about 15 minutes, but seemed longer than Splash in that particular area.

I am sorry she got freaked out by it. I do think maybe they should explain the problem to calm people's nerves, if it hits more than 15 minutes.

I'm going to start thinking that I'm one of the lucky WDW visitors!:thumbsup2 I have only been on one ride when it stopped. That was Test Track and we were only stopped for about 2 minutes and thank goodness it was just after we left the heat chamber!!! We have been stopped on HM and SE before, but it was just those short stops they make to accomodate someone in a wheelchair.

The only way I could take the same spot in any ride for longer than about 20 minutes would be if they turned the ride audio off. I can't imagine listening to the same sentence or sound effect over and over for an hour or more!

We got stuck on Spaceship Earth for just over 30 minutes once. We stopped just before the Rome burning scenario and I was very grateful that we hadn't made it there yet!

We were told that someone had dropped a sweater on the track and it had caused the ride to stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter