Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

So it sounds like I need to be up at 3am California time to try and book a Trader Sam's reservation.
Should I be at my computer? Or on my phone in the app? The only place I see to make restaurant reservations in the phone app is to go into the park maps, find the restaurant on the map, and then try to book. Is there a short cut?
Computer seems easier as it lists the restaurants for you and doesn't make you try to find them on a map.
Just be aware that Trader Sam hasn't been releasing at the 60 day mark. At the moment they seem to be releasing 1 week at a time, they released 16-22nd January last week (on 3rd December I think).

In the end, after stressing myself out for a month or so, we managed to get just about every reservation we wanted (except Blue Bayou, but we decided that was okay since we've been there a lot and got our monte cristo fix at Cafe Orleans instead) for our three days last week! We even got Napa Rose the day before we left (thanks Mouse Dining!) for our arrival night dinner.

One tip: If you go to Oga's and sign up on the waiting list in the app, it seems to work well! Even though it said the list was full, I was able to sign up around lunch time and we had a spot within 15 minutes! It wasn't a table (stood at the bar), but we got to have a drink, an appetizer, and see inside and experience it!

In the end, despite missing the 60 day window and NEVER having to get up at 3 am, we got Napa Rose, Cafe Orleans, Lamplight Lounge, Oga's and Carthay Circle.

Just keep checking when you have the time, and definitely sign up for one of the apps that finds you ressies. You'll MISS a lot of them (even when you get a notification) but you'll get some too!

Has anyone been to Trader Sam's lately and been able to buy the new Nutcracker Tiki Mug?

Per the foodie blog, it contains:
  • Holiday Cocktail – Spiced liqueur, coffee liqueur, lime juice, pineapple juice, and coconut cream available in a Nutcracker Tiki Mug
We bought one (without the Holiday Cocktail drink). Just ordered to go at the window, this past Saturday night. Trader Sam’s was pretty busy. So missed any presentation that would go with it.

We bought one (without the Holiday Cocktail drink). Just ordered to go at the window, this past Saturday night. Trader Sam’s was pretty busy. So missed any presentation that would go with it.
That's awesome! To confirm, you were able to buy the nutcracker tiki mug (no beverage) alone at the to go window?

Update: My husband and I went to the to-go window tonight at Trader Sam's and we were also able to buy the nutcracker tiki mug without alcohol. The bartender offered us soda cups instead (we bought 2 different mugs) which we accepted, and filled up at Tangaroa Terrace. :)

Last edited:
Trader Sam’s for January 16th actually released at 10:30pm AZ time (MST) on December 2nd. So it’s a maddening system. I did snag what we wanted, but only because a 3rd party service alerted me And i checked my email….
Thanks for the information on timing, managed to grab my 27th January Trader Sam's reservation, when they released yesterday.

DL booking newbie....do I have to book day by day at 60 days if I am staying at the Grand Cali or does it offer an incentive to book your entire trip like WDW at 60 days.

DL booking newbie....do I have to book day by day at 60 days if I am staying at the Grand Cali or does it offer an incentive to book your entire trip like WDW at 60 days.
I had to book as each day for my upcoming trip (staying at the Grand) as 60 days popped up. They don't offer the ability to book for the whole stay. I was wanting Blue Bayou, which seemed to book out within an of hour of dining opening each day.

I had to book as each day for my upcoming trip (staying at the Grand) as 60 days popped up. They don't offer the ability to book for the whole stay. I was wanting Blue Bayou, which seemed to book out within an of hour of dining opening each day.
Thank you for clarifying this!

I’m hoping for a few that just don’t seem available- I gather because they haven’t been released yet? Trader Sam’s on Feb 8, Splitsville on Feb 9, breakfast at Plaza Inn on Feb 10…. Or are they just gone? I’ve been checking right at 3am PST 60 days out. 😞

I've decided that I don't want to go to Disneyland this month. I have a Dec 23 reservation for Carthay Lounge @ 3:30 for 3 guests. I will wait a couple days to cancel it in case anyone here wants to coordinate a time to grab it. DM me if you want to try to work that out.

I've decided that I don't want to go to Disneyland this month. I have a Dec 23 reservation for Carthay Lounge @ 3:30 for 3 guests. I will wait a couple days to cancel it in case anyone here wants to coordinate a time to grab it. DM me if you want to try to work that out.
I've been wanting to go there but can't make that date. It's so nice of your to coordinate with lucky potential recipient!

So what's the deal with DTD restaurants at this point? When we were at DLR in June, we were able to make dinner reservations for a couple of DTD restaurants and enjoyed them. I was just making dinner reservations for our upcoming Feb trip, and there is nothing at all available in DTD in Feb or in random dates I checked in Dec and Jan. Are these places no longer taking reservations? Anybody know?

So what's the deal with DTD restaurants at this point? When we were at DLR in June, we were able to make dinner reservations for a couple of DTD restaurants and enjoyed them. I was just making dinner reservations for our upcoming Feb trip, and there is nothing at all available in DTD in Feb or in random dates I checked in Dec and Jan. Are these places no longer taking reservations? Anybody know?

They are still taking reservations on the app. They must be fully booked for your dates and times. Keep checking looking for cancellations.

There are NO reservations for ANY downtown form Dec through Feb. NO Lamplight, Nothing. Just the same nine.. Carnation, Sometime BB, Storytellers, CC, The princess breakfast, Goofy's, Napa Rose, Cafe Orleans and WT. And there are lots of these.

There are NO reservations for ANY downtown form Dec through Feb. NO Lamplight, Nothing. Just the same nine.. Carnation, Sometime BB, Storytellers, CC, The princess breakfast, Goofy's, Napa Rose, Cafe Orleans and WT. And there are lots of these.

I have reservations for Downtown Disney places for the end of January, start of February. I got them at 3am LA time at 60 days which was before the announcement about Lunar New Year and Sweethearts Nights. I'm not surprised they are all gone now, after the festival announcements

I was up at 60 days for all my dates 9-15. Got BB, got Carnation. Those were the only thing that got snapped up at 60 days at 3am. None of the downtown every dropped. Some fo those dates are after festival and have no Sweetheart. I went to actually Catel website and got a reservation from them personally. Also no Lamplight or Olga's

I was up at 60 days for all my dates 9-15. Got BB, got Carnation. Those were the only thing that got snapped up at 60 days at 3am. None of the downtown every dropped. Some fo those dates are after festival and have no Sweetheart. I went to actually Catel website and got a reservation from them personally. Also no Lamplight or Olga's
Yeah, it just seems weird that there were/are reservations available at restaurants in the parks and the hotels but not in DTD...? And I did check first thing in the morning at 60 days, so seems unlikely that they are just "full." If it's due to the festivals, one would think that those places would be unavailable as well. Oh well. I got table service rezzies at those available places for now. If DTD places open up later, I'll snag them then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter