• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has Anyone had a Waitlist Come Through Recently

Been most successful early in the mornings, not sure if it’s people canceling late at night or inventory being dropped back in but first thing in the morning I seem to see more openings. I actually saw a kidani sav view room pop up for the day you were looking for, just seeing your message now and it’s gone now, so I’ll hope you scooped it up :)
Wasn't me but I'll keep trying, thanks!

I just had what I would consider a real longshot waitlist come through! I was booked for January 3 nights at Boardwalk in the garden/pool view, but wanted to save some points so I had waitlisted the standard view thinking maybe it would happen. And out of the blue it did! Saves me 21 points.

The downside is that those were borrowed points to begin with (Aug UY) so I'll have to figure out how to use 21 points before July 31 2022.

I just had what I would consider a real longshot waitlist come through! I was booked for January 3 nights at Boardwalk in the garden/pool view, but wanted to save some points so I had waitlisted the standard view thinking maybe it would happen. And out of the blue it did! Saves me 21 points.

The downside is that those were borrowed points to begin with (Aug UY) so I'll have to figure out how to use 21 points before July 31 2022.

Congratulations! I have been trying for over a month for November 11 in a one bedroom P/G view at BWVs. I currently have nine night booked in a one bedroom but have November 11 in a studio (which is the first night of our trip so I'm happy if I have to move it's after our first night). I was able to piece the nine nights together last month in five separate reservations. However, that day, November 11 has been extremely hard to get in any resort THEN, when Disney announced the half marathon was that week, I knew it would be an awful longshot but I have auto-refresh going, a WL in and manually check when home to the point it is troubling how obsessive it can become, but I'm still holding out some hope.

Congrats!

If you only used borrowed points for some of the reservation you could “modify” the reservation in your dashboard and rebook it exactly as it is and it will use the borrowed ones first and the current UY points will be freed up to be banked. I just did this with an AKV booking I had made at the 11 month window with points I already owned, but I just closed on another AKV contract with banked points that were going to expire and by modifying and rebooking it it used the banked points up and left my 2021 points for me to bank.

I have never had waitlist luck, but I got one of my nights at BLT in October on Wednesday, even though I stalk the website all day long. I had almost forgotten I had even put in the waitlist.
I also never had waitlist luck until this year. Within the last 8 months I got Boardwalk View this past March, Hilton Head for May, Grand Floridian for August and finally Copper Creek for this October for Halloween! All my waitlists came through!!!!

About a month ago, I had Dec 4, come through for lake view studio at BLT.

I had already booked a second week at SSR and am trying to get some days at AKL. I did see a few days there, but couldn't modify online. I sent an email to MS asking how do I set up a wait list for this. MS said to write back exactly what I want to do. Make the waitlists and sent them the confirmation numbers. They will make a note on my account. However since then, I've yet to see any more days at AKL studio savanna and I checked about 5 times a day. Still hoping even though it's busy time for DVC.

If you only used borrowed points for some of the reservation you could “modify” the reservation in your dashboard and rebook it exactly as it is and it will use the borrowed ones first and the current UY points will be freed up to be banked. I just did this with an AKV booking I had made at the 11 month window with points I already owned, but I just closed on another AKV contract with banked points that were going to expire and by modifying and rebooking it it used the banked points up and left my 2021 points for me to bank.

Holy moley! That works?? I love this! Yeah, it's a change of using 14 borrowed points (from 2022) instead of 35 (on a reservation that totals 96 required points), so this means I can bank that 21-point difference into the 2022 UY? Is there a way to tell on the site whether these "August 2021 Available" points are 2021 points or borrowed points that can't be banked?

Holy moley! That works?? I love this! Yeah, it's a change of using 14 borrowed points (from 2022) instead of 35 (on a reservation that totals 96 required points), so this means I can bank that 21-point difference into the 2022 UY? Is there a way to tell on the site whether these "August 2021 Available" points are 2021 points or borrowed points that can't be banked?
You can go to the my vacation points where it lists your contracts and you can see how the points were taken out. When you do the modification it doesn’t always show how the points are being used until you actually finish the reservation but rest assured it will always used banked the borrowed first before using current UY points. Once it’s modified and you get the confirmation screen it will show you how the points were used.

You can go to the my vacation points where it lists your contracts and you can see how the points were taken out. When you do the modification it doesn’t always show how the points are being used until you actually finish the reservation but rest assured it will always used banked the borrowed first before using current UY points. Once it’s modified and you get the confirmation screen it will show you how the points were used.

Found it! Thank you! It's in the "Points Summary" on the confirmation screen only, but nowhere to be found on the rest of the site, which is a little sketchy. Why do they make it so difficult to see what points you're using? I probably already know the answer to my own question... :earboy2:

Found it! Thank you! It's in the "Points Summary" on the confirmation screen only, but nowhere to be found on the rest of the site, which is a little sketchy. Why do they make it so difficult to see what points you're using? I probably already know the answer to my own question... :earboy2:

They will always use up banked and borrowed points sitting in your account when you modify a trip

The freed up points will alway be current UY. To confirm you have points that are bankable, go to Manage Vacation Points.

It will show there how many can be banked. If you expand the activity it will show a summary of points too.

ETA. Sorry. It only shows your current UY which is Aug 2020. You have to click on the tab for 2021 and look at summary there. Once you hit Aug 1st, you will see them and can bank them.

It only shows your current UY which is Aug 2020. You have to click on the tab for 2021 and look at summary there. Once you hit Aug 1st, you will see them and can bank them.

Yeah, this was the issue I was facing I think as far as seeing it in my "manage vacation points" area of the site. Because I knew it was sitting there in the Aug 2021 UY points, but couldn't tell if that's because they were locked there from borrowing, or if they were actual 2021 points bankable to 2022.

I waitlisted one night at OKW 1 bedroom in early Dec 2021. I was able to get every day I needed except a Wednesday. I am hoping that will come through. Do you get an email if the waitlist goes thru or do I have to keep checking the site?

I waitlisted one night at OKW 1 bedroom in early Dec 2021. I was able to get every day I needed except a Wednesday. I am hoping that will come through. Do you get an email if the waitlist goes thru or do I have to keep checking the site?
Yes, they emailed
But for whatever reason, not everyone seems to get an email. If it were me, I'd keep checking. Hope you get your Wednesday night soon. :)

But for whatever reason, not everyone seems to get an email. If it were me, I'd keep checking. Hope you get your Wednesday night soon. :)
Emails are definitely hot or miss. I didn’t receive one for a reservation I had MS merge with another. Keep meaning to go in and manually rebook the room in an attempt to get one before the site goes down for maintenance.

Just checked for my 1 day modification and the Friday was available. I went through the whole process and on the final screen, I get the 7 dwarves. No availability when I go back in. Well, I’ll keep stalking. This was for RR.

Yesterday booked SSR 1BR for Aug 21-28, and waitlisted BWV garden/pool view. 4 nights were available (not consecutive) at BWV so I thought this a long shot.
Stalked the member web site at lunch today, found the whole week available, yet the waitlist still showed on the member web site. I called Member Services, they answered in < 2 minutes, but couldn't see the first night available. I said thanks, hung up, went back to web site to modify, and was able to switch the whole week to BWV. Then canceled the pending wait-lists.
:banana:

Still no luck getting any of my waitlists but I did snag a 1BR at SSR for the night I need in case I can't get a studio. I saw the preferred location option pop up this morning as well, so there might be some more openings there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter