Has anyone ever called the phone booth in Epcot?

I called one while my oldest son (7 at the time) was standing in one of the booths, posing for a pic my DH was taking. Scared him half to death :) It was priceless.

I called one and a girl answered and said she was NOT at Disney.I called another and got a FAX machine.

I used the center booth number, havent tried the other ones. Wonder if she was joking with you? The girl I talked to had the right answers for being at Epcot and liked the boat ride to the World Showcase.

I called and had a nice chat with a gentleman prior to our trip last year. He was surprised by the call but took it in stride. I let him know that his descriptions would help with my much needed 'Disney fix' :rotfl:

I've heard of those but haven't called one yet. Part of me thinks it'd be cool to "get a fix" but since our trip is nearly a year away at this point it'd probably bum me out. I think I'll play a little joke on my mom, though, and have a family member call her when we walk by those...hey, I could do that and capture her surprise on video!

Thanks for giving me the idea, guys!

My husband called while I had my 4 year old niece by the phone booth. She answered and he pretended to be Mickey Mouse, telling her he was so excited she was coming to eat supper with him that night and asked her if she was having fun in the park! She is quite a talker, and spent a good 5 minutes telling 'Mickey' everything she had ridden and seen.

EPCOT PHONE BOOTHS:

1) U.K. Phone Booths
. . . Right Booth: 407 827-9861 (London-Style Red Booth)
. . . Left Booth: 407 827-9862 (Open-Front Booth)
. . . Center Booth: 407 827-9863 (London-Style Red Booth)
2) Canada Phone Booth
. . . 407-827-9884 (Open-Front Booth)
3) For the call to be completed
. . . Disney guest has to pick up the phone
. . . But, doesn't always work
. . . Callers might hear a busy signal
. . . Guests often pose for photos, receiver in hand
. . . But, uncertainty is part of the magic of the phone call
. . . Callers never know who is going to answer or when
. . . The guest doesn't know who's calling or from where
. . . Neither party can predict the conversation

I might just start calling occasionally to check on the weather and see if anyone has seen Mickey Mouse:), make sure whoever answers is enjoying their vacation and tell them to have a magical day!

I have called the 3 UK booths when bored or killing time. Does anyone know if there is caller ID on the phones? I hope not.

When we were there over Christmas, my DD talked to some guy who said he was from One Direction. She still thinks it was real ;)

A few days later she answered the phone again and it was some guy who said he was a pizza delivery guy from California.

My family has called them before... Last time we were there we were standing not far from the phones and called. When someone didn't pick up the phone too early to pose for a pic, it would ring and the person was so surprised. We held several conversations and had lots of fun.

I have called the 3 UK booths when bored or killing time. Does anyone know if there is caller ID on the phones? I hope not.

I don't think those phones are that sophisticated (not that caller ID is considered 'sophisticated' anymore...).

I'll bet the worst someone can do is *69 you, and I don't even know if that exists anymore. Also, I think that there is a charge for that, and I'm sure most people don't need to know who called THAT badly, right? :confused3

I have been trying ..oops I got thought ....

I ordered fish and chips and the woman said I had the wrong number....... So I àsked for Winnie the Pooh..... The woman laughed and hung up on me....

I sit on the bench outside Rose and Crown and call when I see people near the booths. When one picks up, I put on a high, squeaky british accent and tell them I'm Queen Elizabeth...

On New Years Eve we set up around 11:30 for the fireworks and were right across from the phone booths. Since I have the numbers in my phone I called them and talked to a bunch of people, including several drunk people. It was hilarious. One time I asked in my best British accent, "Hellllllooooooo, I have 50 piece order for fish and chips, were you the one who ordered them?" The young man responded, "No, I ordered your mother". I responded, "Oh, she'll be right over then".

My daughter just called them yesterday and talked to a nice young girl. She said it was soo cute.

My daughter and I just called hoping to spread some Disney cheer! I spoke to a small child who said he was having a fun vacation, then hung up. My daughter spoke to a grown up, who hung up on her, too!

Thanks for posting this! We leave next week and I meant to program the numbers into my phone. I'd forgotten all about it until I saw this thread. Thanks for the reminder. (numbers are now programmed in)

On our most recent trip we tried to call the numbers. We stood to where we could see the phone booths, but still not be seen ourselves, and would call when someone would walk up to them. Everyone kept hanging up on us.:confused3 Other times people would just stare at the phone and let it ring. Needless to say, no one wanted to talk to us.:(

There have been times I called from home and have spoken to some nice people. I might have to try and do this again. Maybe I'll have better luck this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter