• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Finally got my bands today! Had to decorate right away, of course! So much fun!

I love your bands! They came out so great! I'm trying to convince my boyfriend to let me decorate his band before we go and I think the Bruins band may just be the ticket!

Here are a few I decorated, but I still have more to go. I used nail polish, stick on embellishments & tattoos. I tried the plastic bag method but I kept messing it up. I found the Disney Frozen tattoos the hardest to use, they didn't stick right or they cracked. I finally just did a sponge paint effect behind the tattoos and I used glitter nail polish over them to hide the imperfections.

330r6l4.jpg

I LOVE these! they came out so great! I'm thinking my DBF would love the Patriots one. Or possibly a band with all of the Boston teams on it. Thanks for the inspiration!

I won't get my Magic band til I arrive since I don't live in the US :guilty:. Any advice on something quick I can do to personalize them once I'm already there?

I am taking a trip in a few weeks that I literally just booked last week. I decided to have them sent to the hotel instead of to my house so I didnt have to worry about them possibly not making it in time. I plan on bringing some stickers to decorate mine with the night I arrive. Nail decals also work great!

@TheyThinkImCrazy - Your Nightmare band is amazing!!! :lovestruc

Here they are!!!

Dd13 silver with purple princess silhouette tattoos.

Dd9 green with tinker bell

Mine purple/red sponged nail polish with homemade evil queen sticker

Dh Packers

imagejpg1.jpg
Are the purple silhouettes all different princesses?

I finally got my Magic Band finished yesterday, which is good because we are leaving this afternoon!! :love:

magicband.jpg

I used one clear top/base coat over the whole band, then 2-3 coats of a glittery pink (some parts needed an extra coat for complete coverage), then another clear top/base coat. The outline of the mickey head was originally done in a grey nail polish but I didn't like the way it looked so I took a fine point sharpie pen and outlined it that way. The sharpie didn't hold up too well with the top coat so I put another layer of it on top of the last top coat.

The pictures don't do it justice. In the sun it is VERY sparkly! I want to add a layer of glow in the dark paint to the mickey in just a bit.

LOVE IT!!!! I really like how the Mickey head pops! Great job!

Thanks, Lisa! We used acrylics for most everything but also used nail polish for certain elements. It was easier to paint with the acrylics. The figment band was done with acrylic paints. We use OPI natural nail base coat to prime and seal the bands. We also added glow in the dark paint to the sparks and figment's eyes.

These are incredible! You are very talented! Thank you so much for sharing these with us!

Finally got my MB's and had to go right to work. They are not perfect, but I am happy and my family is very happy with them.
Here they are... left to right, Hubby's-Alladin, daughters-Howl's Moving Castle,sons-Wall-e,and mine-Mulan. The pictures are the same order of band, just turning them so I can show the entire band.

I love them! What did you use to make them?

Another Magic Band to add to the collection. (Sorry for the sideways photo.)
This time I used acrylic leather paint and sealer (satin finish). I bought a matte finish sealer to try too....maybe on the next band.

168aqhc.jpg

Here it is with the others (posted previously in this thread and in the other MB post). The two on the left are DH's and rest are mine. We still have one brand new band to decorate, but haven't decided what to put on it....or who gets it. I vote for me. ;)

2912azk.jpg

I had done a Maleficent band before, but it was a bit too sparkly and not really 'me', so I removed everything and made it a TNBC band instead. I still wanted a Maleficent band. I like this one much better than the first, but it could be because I have more experience and it looks better. lol

They look great! I love the chains, and your new Maleficent is perfect!

So I got smart and changed plans, and this is my new one!

This is after a couple days of wear and a few days snapped around my purse. Also, you can't tell in this picture, but it glows in the dark too :)

Mrsxsparrow...did you use a solid color teal or shimmery? Do you have a photo of the polishes? I want mine to look just like this!!! With a bit more holographic glitter polish.

These are the nail polishes I used.
Del Sol Superhero - Bought on Disney cruise in Nassau
Funky Fingers - Bought from a 5 Below store
image_zpsc7ec53be.jpg

AreialRae...Which Funky Fingers color is this? This is the holographic cover I was looking for! I'm hoping a friend of mine can acquire it for me, since I don't live near a 5 Below.

They look great! I love the chains, and your new Maleficent is perfect!

Thanks! The chain is removeable, but it seems kind of dressy and too normal without it. ;)

I am pretty happy with this Maleficent band. I can usually draw her pretty well, but on the band she always looks like an alien or a bug during the process. lol

AreialRae...Which Funky Fingers color is this? This is the holographic cover I was looking for! I'm hoping a friend of mine can acquire it for me, since I don't live near a 5 Below.

The Funky Fingers polish is called Sand & Stilettos

Sorry for the large photos, first time posting any photos.
Combinations of stickers, tattoos, nail polish, glow in darks, nail tape and rhinesrtones. Base coat first and last. Held up well with no cracking!

Z7KurGn.jpg

Can I ask where you got the castle tattoo/sticker/whatever it is??? I am planning on painting mine, but if I could find this I would use it! I am not an artist ;)

Any suggestions for removing smudges of black nail polish that won't come off completely with acetone or nail polish remover?

I had this problem with both black and white. I was trying to do a Minnie Mouse theme on a red band. I thought it would be a relatively simple design for a beginner - white dots, color in Mickey Head, add bow & viola. Unfortunately I was incorrect in my assessment. White I could mostly get off with acetone nail polish, but it left a film that I could not get off. Probably no one else could see it, but it really bugged me. The black came off a little better, but it essentially stained where it got into the grooves. I went over it with the white nail polish pen to cover it up and it ended up more of a gray outline. I was afraid to do anything more to it in fear of making it worse than it already is. I gave up and ordered a skin from MagicYourBand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter