• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength clear for a base coat on all

(Tigger)
Dark Orange Stripes with China Glaze Riviting*. Glow in the dark tiger stripes with Ghoulish Glow by OPI* . Covered with China Glaze Black Leather*. Sealed with Sally Hansen Diamond Strength clear.

(RACING STRIPES)
I love Nail Art Stylo white for racing stripe, mickey.
It took several coats and the art stylo white cracked. I had to re-cover with French Manicure white nail polish by *Orly.
Multiple coats (3-4) of Ghoulish Glow by OPI* (this makes them black light reactive and glow in the dark).
If you don't put a lot of thin coats of the glow it will not react brightly - Frozen one reacts to black-light but some features are very faint in a dark room.
Top coat on Racing theme was Sally Hansen Diamond Strength #120 Diamonds on the white and Pure Ice "in the mood" for blue
Used a ultra fine sharpie to put checkered flag detail and mickey outline on racing band (I read that the sharpies smudge/run if you put top coat over them so I did this step last).

(Frozen)
I love Nail Art Stylo silver for swirls & dots
Nubar Nail Art silver glitter accent on the swirls.
I put hidden dots and swirls on the "frozen" theme band and made the entire racing stripe glow.
Top coat on Frozen was Sally Hansen Diamond Strength #120 Diamonds

(Tinkerbell)
I love Nail Art Stylo white for swirls & dots (sliver stylo for accents around Mickey)
Ghoulish Glow by OPI* for swirls mickey & hidden mickey
Top coat on Tinkerbell was Sally Hansen Diamond Strength #120 Diamonds

Just found this thread! Such awesome bands and talented people!
Here's a question for you all: I don't have a cricut nor do I have a lick of talent for drawing or painting. Do any of you ever go to Michael's or Hobby Lobby and use scrapbooking stickers and such? What are some items that can be bought and used to decorate? Do you find that clear nail polish is the best way to seal the band's decorations?
Thanks so much!!

I found a photo of I think it was a phone case and then cropped it down to band size. The tattoo paper I printed it on I found difficult and time consuming. To get the size correct, I had to do alot of prints on just plain paper so I wouldn't waste the tattoo paper. I have never done tattoos before, so that was an education for me in itself.

My goodness your bands are awesome! Thank you for taking the time to post what and how you decorated! That's so kind, I appreciate it!

3a3f4ec42415f5303de21322995db963.jpg

My first magic band attempt! Everyone's look so wonderful, I'm jealous I don't have any artistic ability!

Are these just small stickers? simple and so cute!

My goodness your bands are awesome! Thank you for taking the time to post what and how you decorated! That's so kind, I appreciate it!

Thank you for the kind words. I have been wanting to post for a long time in hopes to spare others of the many mistakes I made, but this was the first chance I had time to try to learn how to post photos here. They got alot of attention when we were there and in fact at one point I had left the parade FP area to get a drink. When I came back the girl said, "oh I know you belong here as I remember your band." I wore different ones each day to match my outfits, my husband never took his off. I was worried he may not be into the decorations as much as many of us, but he really got into the attention it attracted and freely extended his arm for viewing complete with answers to any questions. Some of these I got off of Ebay to practice with, but they turned out good enough even after many start overs, I ended up taking them all. The only person who probably did not like them is the one who scanned them into our account.

Moments away from starting my first MB makeover. I'll be using a silver glitter nail polish. When finished, I'd like to spray our bands with glow-in-the-dark stuff that I've seen on Pinterest. It's a Rustoleum product, and as far as I can tell, people usually use it for spraying landscaping rocks and stuff. It shouldn't be a problem on the bands, would it? I'd love for them to glow at night, especially in Epcot when we're hanging around the LED pavement areas. Love that area at night.

I noticed several people asking about Lilo & Stitch tattoos. I was at Hot Topic today, and they had them in the store. I apologize for not looking at the price, but they were running a store wide b1g1 50% off sale.

Moments away from starting my first MB makeover. I'll be using a silver glitter nail polish. When finished, I'd like to spray our bands with glow-in-the-dark stuff that I've seen on Pinterest. It's a Rustoleum product, and as far as I can tell, people usually use it for spraying landscaping rocks and stuff. It shouldn't be a problem on the bands, would it? I'd love for them to glow at night, especially in Epcot when we're hanging around the LED pavement areas. Love that area at night.

I tried several types of glow in the darks including the spray you mentioned. To get it thick enough to actually glow, it made the band hazy looking. If I remember I think the spray also made the band crack. I ended up just using some glow nail polish or glow glue I had here to accent small spots like the Mickey head on end of band. The white rectangle underneath the Mickey on my black and white dot band was coated with alot of glow and that worked out fine because it was on a white background. Actually it may have started as glow tape then I coated with more glow polish over that and then I applied the Mickey. Best thing to do is experiment first to save you time from having to remove and start all over like I had to do so many times. I had bands that I had removed the outside piece to make smaller so I did alot of testing on those scrap pieces.

I tried several types of glow in the darks including the spray you mentioned. To get it thick enough to actually glow, it made the band hazy looking. If I remember I think the spray also made the band crack. I ended up just using some glow nail polish or glow glue I had here to accent small spots like the Mickey head on end of band. The white rectangle underneath the Mickey on my black and white dot band was coated with alot of glow and that worked out fine because it was on a white background. Actually it may have started as glow tape then I coated with more glow polish over that and then I applied the Mickey. Best thing to do is experiment first to save you time from having to remove and start all over like I had to do so many times. I had bands that I had removed the outside piece to make smaller so I did alot of testing on those scrap pieces.

Thanks for the advice. I used nail polish last night and painted mine, was going to spray with the Rustoleum today but I think I'll skip it and try glow polish instead--on a scrap piece.

Hello, I have a Silhouette too.
Can you explsin me how you did? Have you a gile/template?
Thanks a million
Yes! I joined the Facebook group ' Silhouette SD and Cameo Users' and under the 'files' section there is a magic band template. I believe it dated back in sept of 14. I imported it into my library and then just chose images from internet to design. Hope that helps.

Sorry for the large photos, first time posting any photos.
Combinations of stickers, tattoos, nail polish, glow in darks, nail tape and rhinesrtones. Base coat first and last. Held up well with no cracking!
rMU7vRU.jpg

Z7KurGn.jpg

Yi1m4gD.jpg

u7qgUjS.jpg

PhR3rFq.jpg

inZkCNL.jpg
These came out super great! Did you put the stickers on after the polish or before? I love the glitter look with the stickers!

Thanks! This is the order I used for most of the bands:

1. Wet N Wild base/top coat clear nail polish
2. Band nail polish color (several coats so color was uniform)
3. Sparkle nail polish (light coat and then another if I missed some spots)
4. Tattoos/nail tape/stickers/rhinestones/etc
5. Several coats of same Wet N Wild base/top coat clear nail polish.

I put the last coats on pretty thick so that it would smooth out any edges of stickers and seal rhinestones and then let dry for a long time in between coats in the rolled position (but not snapped together) and hung with a hook made with a paper clip opened up. I knew what hole I needed to fit, so I also filled in all of the other holes with either rhinestones or sticker.

I just got a cricut so hopefully i can figure it out before my next trip and make our mbs look at least half as good as all of these!

Just scored these at Walgreens in the clearance bin for half off while I was picking up a prescription! Very cool looking sleeping beauty themed decals, shaped glitter and stones. Now I just need to figure out what color band to request for a Maleficent/Sleeping Beauty themed band...any ideas?

Haha, wish I could request *2* bands, then I could make one good and one evil. When I have to choose, I lean more towards evil. Classic Maleficent is my girl! (do not even talk to me about that new movie, LOL)

Have you looked at myfantasybands.com She has some pretty cool designs. If she hasn't already, I think she will be releasing new designs soon.

Thank you! I was going to try decorating my own, but she has a great Toy Story Alien one, and for $5 I figured I'd give it a shot!

Has anyone tried using Waterslide Nail Decals? In searching for Lilo and Stitch tattoos or rub on transfers, I came across the nail decals. They look small so I was thinking maybe a few on each band may look cute. There are many kinds on Etsy and Ebay. Not sure how well it would work.

It is actually printable waterproof vinyl. I used my silhouette portrait to design on and just print using an ink jet printer.

Where do you get printable waterproof vinyl?
and the silhouette portrait designs? Is that your designs? was there something about a Facebook page?

TIA

We really liked the Haunted Mansion one, well, they all turned out great - and we love the Mickey head too!

thank you for sharing!

image.jpg

Alright so our Magic Band skins arrived yesterday from Magic Your Band and they are AMAZING!!! I designed the Colorado flag one for my hubbs (it says Das Felsengebirge which is the Rocky Mountains in German) and I designed the Spectromagic ones for myself (RIP Spectro I still miss you). We got 6 skins each.

They also threw in the black circuit board skin and rainbow skin as extras. :-)

I gotta say the site is very easy to use, they shipped quick, and they look great! I'm definitely a fan!
image.jpg image.jpg
...Now I just need MBs to put them on...haha! Which I had selected pink but now I've switched to blue since I think it will look better with my MB skin (hubbs picked blue too).

Where do you get printable waterproof vinyl?
and the silhouette portrait designs? Is that your designs? was there something about a Facebook page?

TIA

We really liked the Haunted Mansion one, well, they all turned out great - and we love the Mickey head too!

thank you for sharing!
Yes! I joined the Facebook group ' Silhouette SD and Cameo Users' and under the 'files' section there is a magic band template. I believe it dated back in sept of 14. I imported it into my library and then just chose images from internet to design. Hope that helps.

Thanks! I'm happy with how they turned out! Yes the template for the magic band is the one from the face book page and then I created the designs to go in the template. I just googled say 'hulk' and found an image I liked, edited it on my Mac and then imported it into my silhouette. Took a little practice but getting the hang of it now. I ordered the waterproof vinyl online from I believe texascraft.com. Trying out a glossy printable waterproof next time and the easy contour one bc after sitting a few days I notice these have a few wrinkles and those others are supposed to be easier to manipulate on odd surfaces. Let me know if you have any other questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter