Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

All of my acrylic painted bands have held up well, with no cracking around the holes except on the one that has nail polish basecoat as a topcoat. My nail polish band has cracking around the holes and where it bends. They all get worn often.

I do prefer working with the acrylic leather paint, but it might be because I used the thinner with it instead of thinning it with water, and because it has better pigments and is nicer texture than the craft acrylics I used before.

All of my acrylic painted bands have held up well, with no cracking around the holes except on the one that has nail polish basecoat as a topcoat. My nail polish band has cracking around the holes and where it bends. They all get worn often.

I do prefer working with the acrylic leather paint, but it might be because I used the thinner with it instead of thinning it with water, and because it has better pigments and is nicer texture than the craft acrylics I used before.

Thank you so much!! Thats good to know about the leather paint. What type/brand do you use to seal/topcoat your bands? Is it a acrylic spray or brush on??
Hope that makes sense:}

Thank you so much!! Thats good to know about the leather paint. What type/brand do you use to seal/topcoat your bands? Is it a acrylic spray or brush on??
Hope that makes sense:}

I use Angelus brand paints/thinner/topcoat that I purchased online. Everything is brush on. A little goes a long way, and it is so smooth that it looks like it was printed onto the bands. The comment that I get the most is "You painted that? It looks like it came that way."

I use Angelus brand paints/thinner/topcoat that I purchased online. Everything is brush on. A little goes a long way, and it is so smooth that it looks like it was printed onto the bands. The comment that I get the most is "You painted that? It looks like it came that way."

Wonderful!!! One more question☺️ Have you ever done the acrylic paints with a little nail polish and then the acrylic topcoat? I'm want to do tinker bell and would like a little sparkle:)

Sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere....I recently bought the glow in the dark skins from magicyourband and was hoping to apply tattoos to them. I've used tattoos in the past on the regular band and did the whole base coat, tattoo, base coat thing but was wondering if I needed to do the same routine with the skins. Thanks for the help!

Wonderful!!! One more question☺️ Have you ever done the acrylic paints with a little nail polish and then the acrylic topcoat? I'm want to do tinker bell and would like a little sparkle:)

I didn't think that I had tried the acrylic topcoat over nail polish, but I just went and took another look at my Maleficent band and there is a little shimmer/sparkle nail polish on her collar and on the outer band. It isn't super sparkly but I used either a matte or a satin finish topcoat, so maybe a glossy topcoat or sparklier polish would make a difference...I wasn't really trying for bling.

Just wondering if anyone has ideas for what to use to practice decorating before trying on the actual Magic Bands? I've heard you can order people's old Magic Bands, but was hoping to find something else inexpensive and local, made of the same material.

Just wondering if anyone has ideas for what to use to practice decorating before trying on the actual Magic Bands? I've heard you can order people's old Magic Bands, but was hoping to find something else inexpensive and local, made of the same material.

Do you have any old crocs/croc type shoes? I think that might give you a similar feel. If I wanted to practice on something i might go to the dollar store to see if I could find something similar.

Practicing isn't a bad idea....I think I cleaned off and started my first over at least a dozen times, and I still wound up redoing later, after I had a couple of other band designs under my belt. lol

I have a customized "ladies sports watch" from the Disney store that is has rubber-like plastic band. I'm trying to test some of my glow paint and nail polish on the watch band in the hopes that it is similar to the Magic Bands. Does anyone have both? Are they the same material?
I don't have any croc type shoes. Is there anything else made of a similar material to the bands?

Love these! How did you do it?

I just googled pics for each band theme, then used "Gimp" to put them all together with the "film" boarders. Then printed them onto temporary tattoo paper and then put them on the bands. Once they were on the bands I did 3 coats of acrylic sealer. Just ordered the printable tattoo paper online.

I just googled pics for each band theme, then used "Gimp" to put them all together with the "film" boarders. Then printed them onto temporary tattoo paper and then put them on the bands. Once they were on the bands I did 3 coats of acrylic sealer. Just ordered the printable tattoo paper online.
Thanks!

I ordered several of the Magic Your Band skins a few weeks ago and my Magic Bands arrived today!!!! I started decorating them but only issue is that all of the skins' holes are NOT coming off?!? Anyone have had similar issues with it? I've essentially had to poke holes in them all but it's not very flattering! I can see the hole indentation on the front of the skin but there are no indentations on the back of it.

Attachments

• IMG_5326.JPG
    IMG_5326.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 70
I ordered several of the Magic Your Band skins a few weeks ago and my Magic Bands arrived today!!!! I started decorating them but only issue is that all of the skins' holes are NOT coming off?!? Anyone have had similar issues with it? I've essentially had to poke holes in them all but it's not very flattering! I can see the hole indentation on the front of the skin but there are no indentations on the back of it.
I would get in touch with them and ask for replacements

I think I will. Thanks! I thought I could just poke holes in them myself but that's not working so well. The skin is coming up every time I take the band on/off

The skin comes up around the hole area when you take the band off even when the holes pop out correctly. They don't make the holes wide enough so it clears the area for the snap. Also the skin didn't want to stay down on the ends of the band too. We had this issue with all our bands. We don't plan to purchase again.

The skin comes up around the hole area when you take the band off even when the holes pop out correctly. They don't make the holes wide enough so it clears the area for the snap. Also the skin didn't want to stay down on the ends of the band too. We had this issue with all our bands. We don't plan to purchase again.
That's so unfortunate!! Thanks for letting me know. I thought I had gotten defected ones. They looked so cute!

Just got back from my family trip to Disney World. The girls in the group loved their coordinated princess bands and they received loads of compliments. These were much easier to create than the BB-8 one I painted for my Great Nephew and the Halloween Haunted Mansion Wallpaper one I painted for me. Just some glitter nail polish and glued on baubles. The photo below is the pre-sealed version. They were even more glossy with the top coat, but I forgot to take a final photo.

IMG_7352.jpg

Just got back from my family trip to Disney World. The girls in the group loved their coordinated princess bands and they received loads of compliments. These were much easier to create than the BB-8 one I painted for my Great Nephew and the Halloween Haunted Mansion Wallpaper one I painted for me. Just some glitter nail polish and glued on baubles. The photo below is the pre-sealed version. They were even more glossy with the top coat, but I forgot to take a final photo.

IMG_7352.jpg
They're stunning! How did they hold up?

(Edit for autocorrect error)

Last edited:
They're at running. How did they hold up?
Really well as far as I could tell. I didn't inspect them to closely at the end of the trip, but neither my sister, niece or grand niece brought anything to my attention. My sister even accidentally swam with hers and that didn't cause any problems. They probably all showed signs if minor cracking around the holes, but that's fairly normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter