Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

I heard her in Hogsmeade as well, I don't think she's at Diagon Alley. She can "travel" along the pipes and was seen in other bathrooms too, so they are still staying true to the story. :) But no need to sneak your son into the ladies' room! Hee hee. If I remember correctly, they are not far from the Three Broomsticks.

A whole day... you could do two easily if you're really into Harry Potter.
I think it will depend on the crowd level. We did Diagon Alley in half a day. It was raining the morning we went. We got there at opening and walked right onto escape from Gringotts

That's so cool about Myrtle in the bathrooms :flower3:

Hello all...I never got an answer to the question below so I'm reposting. If anyone has any info please share!

Just a quick question. I'm wondering if Gringotts still has the issues it used to have when it initially opened? If I remember correctly it was breaking down pretty frequently. Have they fixed all the bugs? ?

Hello all...I never got an answer to the question below so I'm reposting. If anyone has any info please share!

Just a quick question. I'm wondering if Gringotts still has the issues it used to have when it initially opened? If I remember correctly it was breaking down pretty frequently. Have they fixed all the bugs? ?

not sure, but i have not read much this summer of break downs for that ride.
hopefully if any readers out there have had this happen, they will post to let you know of their experiences.

hopefully if any readers out there have had this happen, they will post to let you know of their experiences.

Thanks Macraven...you're always helping out us stragglers here on the boards lol. Hopefully we get more information from recent visitors, but I'm sure if were a major issue then we would've heard something by now! I just want things to go as smooth as possible during our vacay.

We were there on June 22 and had about a 20 minute delay due to "issues." That was on top of the regular wait time. It was a great ride and totally worth it, though!

Hi All, My 12 year son prompted our last minute trip to Universal. He is really into HP right now. He (vey excitedly) told me that he hear you can hear Moaning Myrtle in the bathroom somewhere at Universal. He told me the first thing he is going to do when we get to Universal is use the bathroom ;) So... with that said can anyone tell me if this is true (or legend) and which bathroom he should use? If they are true to the books it would only be the girl's bathroom... but I could sneak him in, right?!

Macraven... just need to give you a shout out, your posts crack me up.

Yes you can hear her in the bathroom. The bathrooms in Hogmeade next to the Hog's Head Pub

Hi All, My 12 year son prompted our last minute trip to Universal. He is really into HP right now. He (vey excitedly) told me that he hear you can hear Moaning Myrtle in the bathroom somewhere at Universal. He told me the first thing he is going to do when we get to Universal is use the bathroom ;) So... with that said can anyone tell me if this is true (or legend) and which bathroom he should use? If they are true to the books it would only be the girl's bathroom... but I could sneak him in, right?!

Macraven... just need to give you a shout out, your posts crack me up.

:wave2:

Newbie to this site, figuring everything out. We are going back to WDW/Universal this December and will have my MIL and 15 month old child with us. We have park-to-park tickets. Last time we were there (2013) Diagon Alley was just starting to be built. I'm very excited to ride the Hogwarts Express to jump between the two Harry Potter destinations. But will my child/stroller be able to ride too? Is it really just a fancy trolley or a legitimate ride with height requirements and such?

A real experience that you have to ride both ways!

Everyone can ride. A very calm "real" train ride, very gentle. Your child will have to come out of the stroller and your family and others, up to 8 total per compartment will board. Strollers are put on the train by the train conductors, and they take them off and have them ready for you as soon as you come off the train.

Easy peasy!

A real experience that you have to ride both ways!

Everyone can ride. A very calm "real" train ride, very gentle. Your child will have to come out of the stroller and your family and others, up to 8 total per compartment will board. Strollers are put on the train by the train conductors, and they take them off and have them ready for you as soon as you come off the train.

Easy peasy!

THANK YOU!! I couldn't find that information online!

We were at Universal yesterday (July 26th), and Gringotts was down periodically during the day…. At one point, when it appeared to be up and running, Daughter and I jumped in the Single Rider Line. After waiting about 25 minutes, we were finally on it…and it broke down. Again. We were stuck for about 10 minutes - but did get an Express Pass to use later in the day.

We were there in June was down first thing in the morning and didn't open till after noon I kept checking my wait times app to see when it was up. Our 45 minute wait turned into 75 minutes because of continued breakdowns. Seems like it is sporadically still going down. I was disappointed in the ride, FJ is so cool and different I was expecting a lot but to me it was a cart taking you thru movie scenes. It appeals to more folks though, me I like the thrill rides

We were there in June was down first thing in the morning and didn't open till after noon I kept checking my wait times app to see when it was up. Our 45 minute wait turned into 75 minutes because of continued breakdowns. Seems like it is sporadically still going down. I was disappointed in the ride, FJ is so cool and different I was expecting a lot but to me it was a cart taking you thru movie scenes. It appeals to more folks though, me I like the thrill rides

Thanks so much for the update! From what you've said above I'll just brace our group to be prepared for a long wait either way and at any time.

Going to be allocating one day of our forthcoming trip (23 Aug in fact) to Universal, primarily to visit Mr Potter. We've done the original Hogsmeade on a previous trip, but will be getting a one-day park-to-park ticket anyway for the train ride and to go on Forbidden Journey again (we're not coaster fans, and only want to do the Potter-themed rides, so we'll skip the two coasters in Hogsmeade).

We won't have early access, so currently the plan is to get there first thing for 9am opening and head straight for Gringott's, then do some other stuff in Diagon alley and take the train to Hogsmeade and ride FJ, then get the train back and experience some of the rest of Universal as time allows (no plans to see the rest of IoA this time).

From what I understand, that Sunday 23 Aug will be Early Entry for IoA only (hence the plan to do Gringott's first, which we'll be able to get to quicker) so what time should we get to the Universal Studios main gates in order to be able to ride Gringott's without too much of a wait? Should we then head straight for the train to get to FJ, or won't it make much of a difference to the already built-up queues if we bide our time a bit? Does anyone have any other strategy advice for a one-day mostly Potter-centric visit?

Andre

Hi Andre.......

Be at the gate earlier than 9am. They sometimes let people in earlier than that.

Some people go to Despicable Me first....the queue for this can be horrendous even quite early in the morning so if it's on your list to do......do it first.

Your plan looks fine......see what the crowds are like on the day.......remember single rider works well usually :thumbsup2

How do you find out what park has early entry on a particular day? We will be there from 8/14 - 8/17.

check the UO website.
at times it will be listed at the bottom of the page.
or call guest services or your hotel the day before you go.

only issue is UO can change the early park entry anytime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter