Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

From the little I remember of WDW, Universal's Express Pass is much better. With the unlimited Express Pass (which IS the one you get for staying at one of the 3 deluxe Universal hotels), for each ride/attraction that has an Express Pass option, you go into a separate line from the regular, much longer lines.

You can use your Express Pass as often as you want to ride, whenever you want to ride, on the one that offer Express Pass. (which, I believe is all rides except Hogwarts Express, Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, and Pterydon Flyers)

We, of course, are most interested in WWoHP and those rides - what are they like? We won't be doing any big roller coasters or dark rides that are very roller coaster-y. Which are those in the Universal parks? - will he at least be able to do the Harry Potter rides??

The Hogwarts Express if just a train-ride with, sort of, movie clips, for the windows.

IoA-
Hippogriff - kiddie roller coaster. It does go a bit quick and a bit high up, but no drops or loops. It's in the open air, so you can watch it before deciding.

Forbidden Journey - kind of an easy roller coaster, mixed with large animatronics (which might be frightful, depending on the child), and movie screens. It is inside, there are some dark areas, and jerky movements. You might want to watch the YouTube video of this one before going. If he doesn't want to ride it, there is child swap (where they watch Harry Potter movies) and a castle tour only line. (Unless the park is very crowded...sometimes they nix the tour line, but it's rare)

Dueling Dragons - big, scary, full-on coaster with dips & flips. BUT, the queue is open for anyone to walk through, and it is AWESOME. Triwizard banners, tent, and cup, along with one of the Ford Anglias that was used in the movies.

I've not been to the new Harry Potter area, so I can't tell you more than I've heard. I'll leave that for others to describe!

Hi! We're going to Universal for the first time June 5-8. Staying offsite at the DoubleTree by Hilton. We got early entry for one day with our package and added on the express pass for one day. I'm sure this has been asked a million times and from what I've read there's no definite answer other than to try the test seats when we get there, but I'm wondering if there's anyone similar in size to me and what their experience was with being able to ride all the rides. I'm 5'9'' and a size 16, with most of my weight in my hips and thighs. Thanks!

I'm a large lady (5'6" and size 18) and found that the new Harry Potter ride was a bit uncomfortable. It's a deep, slanted seat and not too wide but I managed. We only hung around the HP parks, didn't do any of the other rides at Universal. I do want to point out, we stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton and though it's across the street from Universal it's a FULL 30-minute walk to the gates, so be prepared for that. 45 minutes when you're walking back at the end of a long day :)

Hi - we are taking our first Universal trip with the kids in Nov. We are planning to spend 2 days in the parks there then will head to WDW. I certainly get the early entry, but can someone explain the "front of the line" pass that you get when staying at certain hotels, and would this be worth it this time of year?
We, of course, are most interested in WWoHP and those rides - what are they like? We won't be doing any big roller coasters or dark rides that are very roller coaster-y. Which are those in the Universal parks? My 8yo son was sobbing and screaming on Disneyland's Space Mtn last Fall - will he at least be able to do the Harry Potter rides??

The first HP ride, Forbidden Journey, is pretty scary. Dementors, spiders, and the ride spins you all around and sometimes you go almost upside down. The new Gringotts ride is much better, though with the 4D effects it can feel as though you're falling very far in some parts of the ride. Those don't last long though. If you're very concerned you can go on the ride first to gauge how you think he'll react. The single rider lines can be pretty short

From my limited knowledge of the Express Pass it works like a Fast Pass at WDW, except it's for most of the rides, not just one. But I don't think you can use the EP on any of the WWoHP rides.

the ep is a bit different than the motherland fp+ system.

the unlimited ep are free for hotel guests staying at one of the 3 deluxe onsite hotels.

there are no time limits involved using the photo id ep card.
they can be used for all rides that have an express line and for all shows in the park.

they can also be purchased as usage for one ride each time and are park and date related.
no prior set up for when you can use them.

also an unlimited ep can also be purchased.

the potter rides with the exception of 2, do not have express lines.

Hi all. Looking forward to our 1st trip to Universal. I have a couple questions to ask the experts. I am traveling with 2 older teenagers that love riding. None of us are actually familiar with Harry Potter so I am wondering if you think the rides are still worth riding to those non-Potter fans. We will be using early entry so I am unsure if we should head to Harry Potter like most do or head to other rides instead? Thanks

Hi all. Looking forward to our 1st trip to Universal. I have a couple questions to ask the experts. I am traveling with 2 older teenagers that love riding. None of us are actually familiar with Harry Potter so I am wondering if you think the rides are still worth riding to those non-Potter fans. We will be using early entry so I am unsure if we should head to Harry Potter like most do or head to other rides instead? Thanks
Definitely, worth riding! But if you have time before your trip, sit down and watch a couple of Harry Potter movies......I guarantee you will all enjoy them and you will get that much more out of the park experience.

We will be using early entry so I am unsure if we should head to Harry Potter like most do or head to other rides instead? Thanks

FWIW, there won't be much else (if anything) open in the parks during Early Entry other than Harry Potter. So, if you're not really into Harry Potter (or don't think it's worth getting up early for), then EE might not be useful for you.

Just a quick question. I'm wondering if Gringotts still has the issues it used to have when it initially opened? If I remember correctly it was breaking down pretty frequently. Have they fixed all the bugs? ?

What is the best strategy to go with to get on the Gringotts ride? My first thought is to go there first thing in the morning (we will not have early entry), but Touring Plans seems to suggest that the wait time for the ride hits its peak fairly early in the day and thus it is better to take advantage of opening time to hit other rides and then hit Gringotts later in the day. What strategy would you all recommend here?

if you will be at the parks for only one day, do gringotts early.
if you choose to wait to later or near the end of the evening, you take a chance that the ride might go done.

do it first to guarantee you will get to ride it.

if you have several days for the parks, flip a coin and heads go early, tails later in the day.

i know what you are thinking, i'm not really answering your question.........

They are definitely worth doing! Gringotts is awesome and you can use single rider line on it. We only waited about 20 min

i'm not a potter fan and haven't read the books or watched the movies.

so i'm telling you that even though you are not a pothead, you will truly enjoy the potter rides and sections
you don't necessarily need to know the story line in order to enjoy and appreciate the potter rides.
really and truly......!

the rides are fantastic and you can easily understand the basic storyland for gringotts and fj.

going thru the lines to see all the potter stuff is amazing.
talking portraits is so well done.

go for it.
try the rides and try it again.
you will find more entertaining things each time you are in the lines inside the building

i think you will like it!

Hi! We're going to Universal for the first time June 5-8. Staying offsite at the DoubleTree by Hilton. We got early entry for one day with our package and added on the express pass for one day. I'm sure this has been asked a million times and from what I've read there's no definite answer other than to try the test seats when we get there, but I'm wondering if there's anyone similar in size to me and what their experience was with being able to ride all the rides. I'm 5'9'' and a size 16, with most of my weight in my hips and thighs. Thanks!

I'm 5'9 and about a 12/14 and I've never had any issues on any of Universals rides... but I'm also pretty evenly proportioned, not top or bottom heavy.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't go through 65 pages to find the answer! How long do you think is a good amount of time to spend in Harryland?

if you want to hit every shop, ride, eatery and shows, you could spend 1/2 day in pottlands.

Hi All, My 12 year son prompted our last minute trip to Universal. He is really into HP right now. He (vey excitedly) told me that he hear you can hear Moaning Myrtle in the bathroom somewhere at Universal. He told me the first thing he is going to do when we get to Universal is use the bathroom ;) So... with that said can anyone tell me if this is true (or legend) and which bathroom he should use? If they are true to the books it would only be the girl's bathroom... but I could sneak him in, right?!

Macraven... just need to give you a shout out, your posts crack me up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter