Harmony Barber shop

kjpotter

Mouseketeer
If I have a 10am reservation for my daughter at the Barber Shop, how long will it take? Also, will they put my daughter's hair up after her haircut?

Thanks!

If I have a 10am reservation for my daughter at the Barber Shop, how long will it take? Also, will they put my daughter's hair up after her haircut?

Thanks!

Last year when we went, we were told that they are very limited in what they can do because of the BBB. They could do pony tails but not updos. I have no idea if there have been more changes, but you might want to ask. It never hurts, even if the answer is "No"

One important thing to remember at the MK Barber Shop. When they removed the old antique cash register and put in a terminal to allow use of credit cards and hotel charges and the like they hooked into The Emporium's network. The register, unlike ones in table service restaurants, cannot handle tips as part of the transaction.

So if you are planning on using the Harmony Barber Shop please be aware that if you are using any sort of card you cannot add a tip on the card and should have cash available for tipping.

One important thing to remember at the MK Barber Shop. When they removed the old antique cash register and put in a terminal to allow use of credit cards and hotel charges and the like they hooked into The Emporium's network. The register, unlike ones in table service restaurants, cannot handle tips as part of the transaction.

So if you are planning on using the Harmony Barber Shop please be aware that if you are using any sort of card you cannot add a tip on the card and should have cash available for tipping.
Thanks for this info!! We have ressies next month for grandkids and will make sure we have cash.

As far as putting her hair up, I've seen little girls with gel-streaked pigtails come out of the barber shop, and it's always adorable :]

DS2 was offered pixie dust after his haircut last month. He accepted; DS12 was offered also, he declined! They had fun there; it is the ONLY place they willingly get haircuts.

DS9 got the bang trim and pixie dust -- he really liked the pixie dust and the experience.

Cheshire Figment said:

Thank you very much for this info! I have read numerous threads on the barber shop and never read this. So glad I know so I can have some cash for the tip!

Can you make appointments for just hairstyled with colored hair gel and pixie dust? Girls and boys?

A simple hairstyle and dusting would actually be better. They really don't need the haircuts.

FYI it was mentioned in a few other threads around the Dis that they discontinued the colored hair gel because the manufacturer went out of business. I would find this out for sure before making an appt. just for that.

FYI it was mentioned in a few other threads around the Dis that they discontinued the colored hair gel because the manufacturer went out of business. I would find this out for sure before making an appt. just for that.

I think they recently started doing it again. They have it listed as an option again.

It was posted a few weeks ago on here that the gel was back.

Does anyone know how hard it is to get out of their hair?

The old colored gel was difficult to get out. We haven't tried the new gel. Hope its easier.

I finally got DD to do this one year. We didn't make an appointment or anything, just walked in even though it was April spring break. She got to pick out two colors, then they put her hair in a ponytail, did streaks of the colors and did the fairy dust. She was able to wash it out just fine when she took a shower. She's was 12, so way too old for BBB but this style was fine with her. It was nice that it was a different style then what you see from the BBB anyhow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter