halloween horror nights for next year (2014)

I've always considered myself a scaredy cat as well, but personally found the event to be more startling than scary. I was jumping and screaming all night but was never actually scared. I was also concerned about my 15 yo daughter who has a tendency to get paranoid and anxious when things pop out at her, but she never felt frightened at all and had a great time (laughing at me, I think).

Of course, last year was mostly zombies which aren't scary anyway, so that may have helped. We also did a Unmasking the Horror tour before we went to the event, which definitely helped because we knew what to expect from the three houses we toured (which were also the first two houses we went through).

I was looking for the closing time of HHN on 9/25, but can't seem to find it. Would someone be so kind as to direct me, please? Thanks

I was looking for the closing time of HHN on 9/25, but can't seem to find it. Would someone be so kind as to direct me, please? Thanks

That's the night I will be there... 12AM

Link here:
http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/dates.html

Thanks for that. I knew I had found it once, but was having trouble locating it again.

I'll be there too actually, that will be my third of six nights at the event. I wish it was open later but with a good touring plan you can get a lot done before midnight.

That's the other thing I'm wrestling with; paying the $180 for the EP. Is it really necessary that early in the season?

Thanks for that. I knew I had found it once, but was having trouble locating it again. That's the other thing I'm wrestling with; paying the $180 for the EP. Is it really necessary that early in the season?

You never know.. Me I hate to wait in lines and only there one night. So for me it's worth it. Also seems recently whatever night you go it's crowded.

You never know.. Me I hate to wait in lines and only there one night. So for me it's worth it. Also seems recently whatever night you go it's crowded.

I'll definitely second this. We went on Oct 1 in 2011, and had "the run" of every disney/universal park, conquering almost all of them with no waits and seeing everything in a day (individually, of course).

HHN was a different story- this is the nation's premier Halloween event for a reason. You're going to wait no matter what. We saw everything in two nights, but this year we're going for an RIP tour. I'd definitely get Express- if you're interested in seeing everything!

Does anyone have an idea as to when they'll announce the unmasking tours, or know if they're offered every day of the event? I checked last year's dates and that seemed to be the case.

So, we won a trip to Universal and will be there on the 19th. Just read that Halloween Horror nights is that night and thinking of checking it out. No idea what to expect and whether it would be too much for my 11 and 14 year old. How intense and gory is it? We have been to MNSSHP before. What are your thoughts? What should we expect? Is it worth it?

It is incredibly intense. 11 is probably too young unless the kid is REALLY into that type of thing. 14 is about the right age range.

It is NOT like MNSSHP.It is not meant for kids and it is geared towards adults and older kids/teens and can be very gory, IN YOUR face.Alcohol is also pretty pervasive at the event.

Thanks! I guess we will skip it. I wasn't sure if a lot of it was just hype but seems like it is very intense. Probably too intense for me!

I went in 2012 when the theme was The Walking Dead. I took my young son and neither of us were scared. However, content aside...the wait times are absurd. For that reason alone, I suggest not going. The first line we even attempted to get in was like immediately an hour wait. We had already spent the entire day at the parks, I had already bought the HHH tickets. So I then felt I had no choice but to buy the HHH express passes (I think they were $70 each) so we could actually see everything. The wait times were easily 120+ minutes per house by the second hour we were there. The crowd is definitely a different group too. They have metal detector/bag checks setup to get in. It was not worth the money.

I went in 2012 when the theme was The Walking Dead. I took my young son and neither of us were scared. However, content aside...the wait times are absurd. For that reason alone, I suggest not going. The first line we even attempted to get in was like immediately an hour wait. We had already spent the entire day at the parks, I had already bought the HHH tickets. So I then felt I had no choice but to buy the HHH express passes (I think they were $70 each) so we could actually see everything. The wait times were easily 120+ minutes per house by the second hour we were there. The crowd is definitely a different group too. They have metal detector/bag checks setup to get in. It was not worth the money.
I went with my son too and we felt that it was very worth the money HOWEVER I knew going in that we would need express passes on popular nights so we weren't caught by surprise. You are right that the crowd is different but luckily I expected that too.

Yep.....worth every penny to us too..........love HHN :thumbsup2

We have seen some pretty horrible experiences with young children being taken out of houses in a terrible state.......last year we saw one family with 3 kids, one in a pushchair and all of them ended up being taken out by grandpa :sad2:

We spoke to several TM's last time who all said the same thing........they didn't like seeing young kids there.

I know universal wouldn't do it, but I wish they would put an age limit of around 14, not just a recommendation.......yeah I know every kid is different.......but it's really an adult environment. Or I wish it was anyway.

All kids are different I agree. My 7yr old twins love horror they even makes masks. My daughter loves zombies and my son loves more the monster themed movies they are looking forward to going to HHN I will not stop them from going because of their age it depends on the child and parent. I know my kids can handle it but by chance something happens then yes I will leave but that rarely happens with us. People may think that people who bring their kids are wrong while I do agree that some do it because they have no choice or so they think as a parent if my child did not want to go then my choice would be not to go wait for another day.

I know you are able to use an AP to buy up to 6 discounted passes, does the pass holder have to go to the park along with the non-AP person using the ticket? We have friends going in October and we can't go, but I was wondering if we could get them the AP discounted tickets to use.

Thanks!

I know you are able to use an AP to buy up to 6 discounted passes, does the pass holder have to go to the park along with the non-AP person using the ticket? We have friends going in October and we can't go, but I was wondering if we could get them the AP discounted tickets to use. Thanks!

Not in my experience! Before we had annual passes, my friend bought our Frequent Fear tickets with their discount, so as long as their names are on the tickets, I would think it shouldn't matter.

I just booked three nights stay at Universal, with a ticket to HHN on September 25. I also booked the RIP tour for that night.

My question is about the Unmasking the Horror tour. I'm interested in doing it, I'm just hoping to get some opinions from anyone who has done it in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter