Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

I hope you will enjoy a good Christmas movie, PollyannaMom! :hug:

Dad and I did finish watching Love at the Christmas Contest which we did overall find enjoyable. Loved Angie's friend Blair especially at the end of the movie and was also glad to finally see Angie's dad help them with the Christmas tree decorating contest. Dad and I wondered where he was the other two rounds. Speaking of Blair, did any of you catch whether she lived with Angie and Angie's dad? My dad and I weren't sure about that either. I really liked the little girl Gabby and her dad David and his sister Lily both came across as a great family. Again, I wish the true meaning of Christmas had been better mentioned. At least Angie did say at the end that Christmas is all about love which of course it is, just with a huge capital letter "L" on "Love."

Wishing all of you sweet dreams and a good evening, too.

Christmas at Dollywood is re-airing tonight at midnight ET. That movie highlights Dolly Parton's Imagination Library charity which is a book gifting program that mails free books to underprivileged children from birth until they begin school.

At the beginning of Covid, Dolly gave $1million dollars to the Vanderbilt University Medical Center to help fund research efforts for a Covid vaccine. That turned into the Moderna vaccine.

This June, Dolly donated another $1 million to pediatric infectious disease research at the same Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

On a related note: Jeff Bezos (founder of Amazon and 4th richest man in the world,) has recently promised to give away the vast majority of his fortune during his lifetime to charitable causes. But he admitted that ensuring that the most worthy causes benefit is proving as difficult.

How is this related to Dolly? :confused: :confused3

Bezos came up with the bright idea that if he awards some of the money to people who've already proven they are trustworthy and are already creating or giving away money to their own vetted, charitable causes, that saves him a step at having to vet every cause himself or by his team. :idea:

Yesterday, Jeff Bezos awarded Dolly Parton $100million dollars to give to charities of her choice as part of Bezos’s annual Courage and Civility award. :cheer2: :woohoo: :dance3:

Jeff Bezo's partner, Lauren Sánchez said, “All she wants to do is bring light into other people’s worlds,” said “And so we couldn’t have thought of someone better than to give this award to Dolly, and we know she’s going to do amazing things with it.” :littleangel:

Go Dolly!

OK, A Merry Christmas Wish. I didn't feel much connection between the lead characters. And Cameron Mathison seemed like he was hiding a secret every time he talked to Janie.

Only actor I felt actually "got" his character was Charles. He was a bit stiff and controlling, but I believed him.

Christmas at Dollywood is re-airing tonight at midnight ET. That movie highlights Dolly Parton's Imagination Library charity which is a book gifting program that mails free books to underprivileged children from birth until they begin school.

At the beginning of Covid, Dolly gave $1million dollars to the Vanderbilt University Medical Center to help fund research efforts for a Covid vaccine. That turned into the Moderna vaccine.

This June, Dolly donated another $1 million to pediatric infectious disease research at the same Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

On a related note: Jeff Bezos (founder of Amazon and 4th richest man in the world,) has recently promised to give away the vast majority of his fortune during his lifetime to charitable causes. But he admitted that ensuring that the most worthy causes benefit is proving as difficult.

How is this related to Dolly? :confused: :confused3

Bezos came up with the bright idea that if he awards some of the money to people who've already proven they are trustworthy and are already creating or giving away money to their own vetted, charitable causes, that saves him a step at having to vet every cause himself or by his team. :idea:

Yesterday, Jeff Bezos awarded Dolly Parton $100million dollars to give to charities of her choice as part of Bezos’s annual Courage and Civility award. :cheer2: :woohoo: :dance3:

Jeff Bezo's partner, Lauren Sánchez said, “All she wants to do is bring light into other people’s worlds,” said “And so we couldn’t have thought of someone better than to give this award to Dolly, and we know she’s going to do amazing things with it.” :littleangel:

Go Dolly!
and on a side note dolly is continuing to expand the imagination library, they added several more states this year i believe. She has another Christmas movie or special coming this year too I believe! It will appear Dec 1st on NBC!

And one last night I can't remember the name of, but was set in New Orleans, a famous singer and her ex got caught in a photo that looked like a proposal. I enjoyed it, though I found it odd that New Orleans looked so cold, they had winter coats and such on and I thought it was warmer there all year, but I could be wrong on that.
I can't vouch for New Orleans but I'm 5 hours north in Memphis and it has been cold! This past weekend/earlier in the week the feels like temp was hovering between 30-35* for a portion of the day. It was bitter! Also, keep in mind that most southerners are not accustomed to low temperatures, so cold is relevant to the area. When I first moved here from the snowy PNW I laughed at everyone freezing at 60*, now after years of acclimating I'm one of those people, lol. But the 30* temps is actually cold.

I can't vouch for New Orleans but I'm 5 hours north in Memphis and it has been cold! This past weekend/earlier in the week the feels like temp was hovering between 30-35* for a portion of the day. It was bitter! Also, keep in mind that most southerners are not accustomed to low temperatures, so cold is relevant to the area. When I first moved here from the snowy PNW I laughed at everyone freezing at 60*, now after years of acclimating I'm one of those people, lol. But the 30* temps is actually cold.
Plus add in the south sometimes a wet cold, versus a dry cold. We need those jackets sometimes, especially when we’re registering colder than areas in Alaska

Plus add in the south sometimes a wet cold, versus a dry cold. We need those jackets sometimes, especially when we’re registering colder than areas in Alaska
Yup. On our cold days I'll open the weather app for my previous town in the PNW and compare the temps. I know it's cold when it's colder than a community where we spent half the year freezing.

Also, keep in mind that most southerners are not accustomed to low temperatures, so cold is relevant to the area. When I first moved here from the snowy PNW I laughed at everyone freezing at 60*, now after years of acclimating I'm one of those people, lol. But the 30* temps is actually cold.

We get a lot of tourists here in NYC who are wearing puffer coats & parkas (zipped up) in 60° weather. I figure they are from the south or some place wonderfully sunny & warm. :sunny:

It finally reached down in the low 60s last week and I finally put on a lightly lined jacket for the first time this season. (That is unusual for November here.) I tried to eek out and revel in the last semi-warm/no jacket days that I could. Cold winters are loooong here. :cold: And the next no jacket day may not be until the end April-May. And I've learned never to give a final wash and put away my winter coat until late May.

In late March, when the temperature may go up to 30° for a day or two, we locals will actually walk around with our coats unzipped, like it's nice warm weather. Tourists/southerners think we are NUTS! :lmao:

Last edited:
Reminder:

new Christmas movies premiering tonight:

Lifetime: Sweet Navidad (8pm ET / 7pm CT and re-airs 4 hours later.)
Starring:
Camila Banus, Mark Hapka.
Description:
A chef has to work with a rival to plan a holiday menu, in hopes of making her dreams of opening a bake shop just like the one her family once owned in Puerto Rico come true.

Netflix: Christmas with You
Starring:
Aimee Garcia, Freddie Prinze Jr, Matthew Grimaldi and Deja Monique Cruz
Description: Seeking inspiration for a hit holiday song, a pop star grants a young fan's Christmas wish to meet her — and finds a shot at true love along the way.

Reminder:

3 new Christmas movies premiering tonight:

Hallmark Channel: All Saints Christmas at 8pm
Starring: Tamera Mowry-Housley and Ronnie Rowe Jr.
Description: An engineer’s daughter becomes convinced her mom’s boss is the prince from a storybook she read.

Lifetime: A Country Christmas Harmony at 8pm ET / 7CT (re-airs 4 hours later)
Starring: Brooke Elliott, Brandon Quinn and Danny Pintauro.
Description: A country superstar hopes a live Christmas concert in her hometown will reignite her flagging popularity, but it also means reconciling with her ex.

UPtv: at 7pm
Josh Turner: King Size Manger (musical special featuring Josh Turner singing songs from his new Christmas album of the same name.)

I just watched GAC’s Christmas Sweethearts. I really wanted to enjoy this, but I found the heroine hard to watch. It may have been the character more than the actress, but this is a one and done for me.

Just finished A Royal Nanny and I really enjoyed that one! I thought the plot was really interesting and I liked that it wasn't the typical storyline.

Also watched Christmas at the Golden Dragon and enjoyed that as well - love seeing more representation in the movies!

Here are the 5 movies that premiered last night (Saturday) with re-air dates if you didn't catch them.

Hallmark Channel: Three Wise Men and A Baby
re-airs: Sun 11/20 at 6pm ET
Wed 11/23 at 8pm ET
Sat 11/26 at 4pm ET
Fri 12/2 at 10:01pm ET
Starring: Paul Campbell, Andrew Walker, Tyler Hynes.
Description: Written by actors Paul Campbell and Kimberley Sustad, who are now becoming quite a Hallmark writing team. Premise: Three brothers are surprised when they find themselves forced to care for a baby during the holidays, during the journey they begin to rebuild and heal their relationships as brothers while rediscovering their love for Christmas.

Hallmark Movies & Mysteries: Long Lost Christmas
Re-airs: Sun 11/20 at 6pm ET
Tues 11/22 at 8pm ET
Sat 11/26 at 4pm ET
Starring: Taylor Cole and Benjamin Ayres.
Description: A woman hoping to reunite her mother with a long-lost sibling for the holidays ends up falling for a local, but soon learns that concealing her true identity has complicated everything.

Lifetime: Santa Bootcamp
(re-airs Sun 11/20 at 10:03pm ET <-- Not a typo
and Mon 11/21 at 2:04am ET <-- Not a typo
Sun 11/27 at 6:00 pm ET
Starring: Emily Kinney, Marissa Jaret Winokur, Justin Gaston, John Schuck, Patrick Kassidy and Rita Moreno. Description: Directed by Melissa Joan Hart. A maybe-Mrs. Claus whips mall Santas into shape alongside her toymaker husband and always seems to connect to the people who need some Christmas spirit the most, like an event planner who comes to her camp to find the perfect Santa.

GA Family: Christmas in Pine Valley
Re-airs: Sun 11/20 at 6pm ET
Tues 11/22 at 10pm ET
Fri 11/25 at 6pm ET
Sat 11/26 at 4pm ET
Starring: Kristina Cole, Andrew Biernat, Rene Ashton, Marc Herrmann and Amie Dasher.
Description: Natalie is the owner of a successful handmade soap company that garners the attention of a major magazine. The magazine sends a reporter named Josh to profile Natalie's company thinking it's a family-run business. Little does he know that Natalie's business is run by her with the help of longtime friends. Natalie must convince Josh that her "family" and Christmas traditions are all real as Josh spends time around Natalie and her "family" to write his story.

UPtv: The Holiday Swap
re-airs Sun 11/20 at 11:30pm ET
Starring: Paxton-Beesley, Morgan David Jones.
Description: Strangers who accidentally pick up each other’s suitcase at the airport must use the contents to track down the owner before Christmas.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter