Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

Hannah Swenson Mysteries: Carrot Cake Murder.

Re-airs: Sun 5/21 at 7pm ET
Tues 5/23 at 9pm ET
Mon 5/29 at 9pm ET

Starring: Alison Sweeney, Cameron Mathison, Gabriel Hogan and Barbara Niven.
Description: Hannah Swensen, everyone’s favorite crime-solving baker, is back on the case when the discovery of a skeleton in an old building sparks a murder investigation.

Uh oh, this movie ends on kind of a cliffhanger. Hallmark may cancel this series abruptly too, like Mystery 101, and leave us hanging again.

Uh oh, this movie ends on kind of a cliffhanger. Hallmark may cancel this series abruptly too, like Mystery 101, and leave us hanging again.
Hallmark confirmed that they are making a second movie that I think will air later this year. The film will be based on “A Zest for Death: A Hannah Swensen Mystery.”

I don't know about ya'll but I struggled to get into this one.

Hallmark confirmed that they are making a second movie that I think will air later this year. The film will be based on “A Zest for Death: A Hannah Swensen Mystery.”

I don't know about ya'll but I struggled to get into this one.

I have to wonder if Hallmark hadn't given Mystery 101 an assurance that they would be making one more film to finish off the cliffhanger BEFORE they made their cliffhanger.

I don't have much faith in the execs of this "New Hallmark." They aren't here for us viewers.

Reminder: for tonight, Saturday

The Love Club is actually an original movie series that premiered on Hallmark's streaming platform: Hallmark Movies Now, in February.

Tonight is the first of the four movies, Nicole's Pen Pal. Not sure when they will show the other movies. They will probably space them out as the series didn't get very high ratings or reviews on the IMDb .com. Overall, the series received only a mediocre 6.0. (The general rating scale for Hallmark movies on the IMDb seems to be 5.4 being a dismal low of barely watchable, to 7.6 - 8.0 being a must watch over and over favorite movie.)

Tonight is installment number two of The Love Club series: Sydney's Journey. This movie, of the 4 in the series has the best rating on the IMDb .com at 6.7.

The Love Club: Sydney's Journey is on at 8pm ET on the Hallmark Channel

Re-airs: Mon 5/29 at 4pm ET

Starring: Lily Gao and Jesse Hutch.
Description: Former star track athlete, Sydney, is now a successful food blogger who still holds a flame for her college boyfriend whom she hasn't seen in ten years. She quickly signs up for an athletic run. She then recruits The Love Club – four women who made a vow to always be there for one another during times of romantic troubles – to help her reconnect with the old flame.

Reminder for Sunday:

Ride, episode 10 (of 10) premieres at 9pm ET on the Hallmark Channel

No new movie on HM&M this week.

I saw the first commercial today for Christmas in July on Hallmark. :santa: 🎄 There will be a premiere of 1-2 new Christmas movies.

That reminds me, I read an article that says a sequel to Haul Out the Holly with Wes Brown and Lacey is in the works filming.
SnowballFight.gif

Tonight, Hallmark is sneaking in the premieres of the last two of The Love Club series movies: Lauren's Dream and Tara's Tune. The IMDb .com rating for the movies are 6.0 and 5.8 respectively.

The Love Club: Lauren's Dream is on at 6pm ET on the Hallmark Channel

NO re-air date.

Starring: Chantel Riley, Andrew Bushell and Franco Lo Presti.
Description: For years, Lauren put her dream of opening an art gallery on hold while her husband, Peter, moved up in his career. Her resentments eventually overshadowed the love they once shared bringing them to the brink of a split. Faced with divorce papers, Lauren discovers Peter is dating again. She recruits The Love Club to help her get back in the dating game, too. As Lauren comically tries to navigate dating while realizing her dream, it is obvious to The Love Club that Lauren and Peter still have feelings for each other.

The Love Club: Tara's Tune
is on at 8pm ET on the Hallmark Channel

NO re-air date.

Starring: Camille Stopps and Brett Donahue.
Description: It follows Tara, a free spirit with a beautiful singing voice. She has always professed she doesn't need a partner or so-called commitment. When her friends in The Love Club see her connection with Noah, their job turns into matchmaking.

This is a big no for me. It doesn’t sound appealing, although I do usually like Tamera. 🤷🏽‍♀️
I just watched it. I really liked Tamera in the Christmas one with Brennen Elliott but this one, she was not so great. Her acting was off. It was also a little unbelievable because their dancing and singing wasn't great so hard to believe their story.

I just watched it. I really liked Tamera in the Christmas one with Brennen Elliott but this one, she was not so great. Her acting was off. It was also a little unbelievable because their dancing and singing wasn't great so hard to believe their story.
That was my thought from what I saw in the previews -- these are not Broadway-caliber performances LOL

Whoops! A new premiere on tonight, FRIDAY:

It's hard to get used to the fact that Hallmark Movies & Mysteries has started premiering new movies on some Friday evenings now at 9pm ET. Especially when they skipped last week and won't have a new one next week.

Tonight is the much anticipated mystery with Lacey Chabert & Will Kemp: The Dancing Detective: A Deadly Tango

Re-airs: Sun 6/4 at57pm ET
Tues 6/6 at 9pm ET
Sun 6/11 at 9pm ET

Starring: Lacey Chabert & Will Kemp.
Description: Constance Bailey is a no-nonsense detective who prefers to work alone. When a high-profile CEO is murdered on the eve of his company’s corporate event in Malta – a high stakes ballroom competition between senior executives – Detective Bailey is sent undercover as one of the contestants. The only problem? She can’t dance. To convincingly compete, she must team up with charismatic and free-spirited performer Sebastian Moore. But with a killer on the loose and a growing list of suspects, it’s going to take more than a little fancy footwork to solve this case.

Watched The Dancing Detective. It was as corny as usual. I like LC but WK is not my favorite. I really liked Lacey's chemistry with Brennan Elliot so much more.

Worst thing though was I kept seeing the commercial for the reboot of Aurora Teagarden with a young actress playing Ro and a younger Arthur, etc. Interestingly, it's still Marilu Henner as Ro's mom. I don't think I will be watching this one.

Watched The Dancing Detective. It was as corny as usual. I like LC but WK is not my favorite. I really liked Lacey's chemistry with Brennan Elliot so much more.

Yes, this won't be popular, but to me, Will Kemp seems to put on airs when he plays characters which makes him kind of distant. It's strange because I've seen him doing interviews with Lacey and he's much more casual and relaxed, and warm and open. I can see why Lacey likes him. But, for some reason, maybe because he was a dancer primarily, it seems he thinks he has to act as though he's someone else, do more to "act" the role, rather than just be himself.

Worst thing though was I kept seeing the commercial for the reboot of Aurora Teagarden with a young actress playing Ro and a younger Arthur, etc. Interestingly, it's still Marilu Henner as Ro's mom. I don't think I will be watching this one.

Oh, that's premiering Friday. So, they are doing a new movie next Friday. I saw the schedule and thought HM&M was just doing an Aurora Teagarden marathon with nothing new. It doesn't look interesting to me either.

Last edited:
The Christmas movies will start a week early! :santa: 🥰

Hallmark Mysteries & Movies' is having Merry Movie Week from June 23 to June 30.

From People Magazine: https://people.com/hallmark-announces-merry-movie-week-2-new-films-christmas-in-july-7507842

"The festivities will commence with a wintery weekend filled with non-stop holiday favorites on June 23 and will lead into a jolly week-long celebration on June 26 filled with holiday programming starting each night at 7 p.m. ET/PT."​

(If it's like last year, HM&M aired each Christmas movie ONCE. So, if you don't already have it recorded, that week is the only time to see/record it the one time it airs.)

"Then, "Christmas in July" kicks off!

"Since the annual programming event is in its 11th year, Hallmark Media is giving viewers the opportunity to vote to include their favorite movies through weekly polls launching every Monday on the Hallmark Movie Checklist app starting July 1.

From there, fans will be able to watch back-to-back holiday movies every day in July from 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. The programming will kick off with fan-favorite movies July 1st through July 4th.

To top off the holiday celebration, fans can expect the premiere of two all-new original holiday movies."
Royal Christmas Crush, starring Katie Cassidy and Stephen Huszar, is set to be the first of the two to premiere on July 8
at 8 p.m. ET., and sees Cassidy play Ava, a Royal Ice Hotel employee that falls into a "surprise whirlwind romance," with "the most important guest of all," the Royal Prince (Huszar).

On July 15 at 8 p.m. ET., The Christmas Reboot debuts on the network starring Vanessa Lengies and Corey Sevier.

The film finds Lengies playing Renee, a woman living "the successful life she'd always dreamed of" until she realizes that her new reality finds her no longer married to her husband, Aaron (Sevier), causing her to 'race against the clock to win him back before Christmas Eve.'"

Whoops! A new premiere on tonight, FRIDAY:

It's hard to get used to the fact that Hallmark Movies & Mysteries has started premiering new movies on some Friday evenings now at 9pm ET. Especially when they skipped last week and won't have a new one next week.

Tonight is the much anticipated mystery with Lacey Chabert & Will Kemp: The Dancing Detective: A Deadly Tango

Re-airs: Sun 6/4 at57pm ET
Tues 6/6 at 9pm ET
Sun 6/11 at 9pm ET

Starring: Lacey Chabert & Will Kemp.
Description: Constance Bailey is a no-nonsense detective who prefers to work alone. When a high-profile CEO is murdered on the eve of his company’s corporate event in Malta – a high stakes ballroom competition between senior executives – Detective Bailey is sent undercover as one of the contestants. The only problem? She can’t dance. To convincingly compete, she must team up with charismatic and free-spirited performer Sebastian Moore. But with a killer on the loose and a growing list of suspects, it’s going to take more than a little fancy footwork to solve this case.

Well, this was ok. I did like all the fictional detective references. That made the dialogue snappy. Will Kemp. could use an acting lesson or 2, he’s working too hard. 😳

Yes, this won't be popular, but to me, Will Kemp seems to put on airs when he plays characters which makes him kind of distant. It's strange because I've seen him doing interviews with Lacey and he's much more casual and relaxed, and warm and open. I can see why Lacey likes him. But, for some reason, maybe because he was a dancer primarily, it seems he thinks he has to act as though he's someone else, do more to "act" the role, rather than just be himself.

Oh, that's premiering Friday. So, they are doing a new movie next Friday. I saw the schedule and thought HM&M was just doing an Aurora Teagarden marathon with nothing new. It doesn't look interesting to me either.
I’m actually looking forward to the new Aurora movie. The Candace movies are far from the books, so I’m used to taking liberties with the material. I’m glad to see this series continue and I think prequels are better than recasting Candace, which would have made even more people lose their minds. I’m happy to give it a try.

As far as the new Christmas movies I am glad to see them, but afraid the Royal one just won’t land well. How many times can we see the exact same plot? I am hoping there’s enough of a twist for this to be fun. I haven’t seen Katie Cassidy in a few years, so look forward to her. Corey Sevier is a mixed bag for me. When I like his performance I really like it. When I don’t he’s unwatchable. 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽 This is a good one!

I didn't get home in time to post tonight's new movie. :blush:

Hallmark is back to doing wedding themed movies for June. :bride: :groom: 💐 :cake:

On tonight, Saturday:

Wedding Season
is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.

Re-airs: Sun 6/4 at 6pm ET
Thurs 6/8 at 8pm ET
Sun 6/11 at 2pm ET

Starring: Stephanie Bennett and Casey Deidrick.
Description: Journalist Trish is on back-to-back bridesmaid duty for her three best friends. Finding herself without a date, she pairs up with photographer Ryan, the brother of her best friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter