Hagrid’s - standby or virtual line?

Has anyone attempted to get virtual line when they drop each day and not actually get it? I tried from home and got through but it wouldn’t let me book due to my location. I am hoping they keep virtual line going for Hagrids even when they have it for Velocicoaster. Do we know how big the queue is for if?

Has anyone attempted to get virtual line when they drop each day and not actually get it? I tried from home and got through but it wouldn’t let me book due to my location. I am hoping they keep virtual line going for Hagrids even when they have it for Velocicoaster. Do we know how big the queue is for if?
They don't use the Virtual Line for Hagrid's every day. On slower days (most weekdays not during school breaks), they just run a standby line.
I've never had a problem getting a Virtual Line time on days when they do use it, at various times (they tend to open new times at 11, 2, 4, and 6).

Anyone have any luck going right before the park closes, or is that a bad idea with the way the VL works?

We are staying at Portofino Bay and will have early entry but it sounds like we have to be at the parks an hour before early entry to really be sure we will get on Hagrids. I know standing and waiting an hour before the park opens is better than standing in Memorial Day weekend crowds/heat, but it does not sound fun at all! Plus, I would rather check out and gape and awe at the Wizarding World during early entry. (We will have three park days and one VB day).

Anyone have any luck going right before the park closes, or is that a bad idea with the way the VL works?

We are staying at Portofino Bay and will have early entry but it sounds like we have to be at the parks an hour before early entry to really be sure we will get on Hagrids. I know standing and waiting an hour before the park opens is better than standing in Memorial Day weekend crowds/heat, but it does not sound fun at all! Plus, I would rather check out and gape and awe at the Wizarding World during early entry. (We will have three park days and one VB day).

When it is VQ, the ride does not open for standby later in the day. It will have the closed / at capacity sign out front and on the app when all the VQ times are distributed. Also, since very little else is open during early entry, everyone else will be gaping at WW too, especially in USO.

I am at Universal this week and successfully grabbed tickets 3 of the 4 times that I tried. here are my tips.
1. Join the Universal WiFi
2. Know what time you are looking for (first middle or last time available) because within 30 seconds all will be gone.
3. Log into the app a minute before the time.
4. Click the virtual tour button and ok constantly from x:59 to x:01
also please be aware even after you are successful getting a time, you will be on line another 1:30 to 2 hours before you get on the ride, so keep your bottled water, there are trash cans along the way to dump them.

Attachments

• C3AF7893-1762-4BBF-965A-4497456292D4.jpeg
    C3AF7893-1762-4BBF-965A-4497456292D4.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I am at Universal this week and successfully grabbed tickets 3 of the 4 times that I tried. here are my tips.
1. Join the Universal WiFi
2. Know what time you are looking for (first middle or last time available) because within 30 seconds all will be gone.
3. Log into the app a minute before the time.
4. Click the virtual tour button and ok constantly from x:59 to x:01
also please be aware even after you are successful getting a time, you will be on line another 1:30 to 2 hours before you get on the ride, so keep your bottled water, there are trash cans along the way to dump them.

our wait today was “only” about 55 minutes with virtual line. We tried to rope drop but it was down for a significant time at opening. Which was a bummer because we got up so early for nothing really.

We went to the EPCOT (every person comes out tired) yesterday but were back at UO today the 2 pm virtual ride was backed up to the old Sinbad amphitheater and was on like for 2 hours and 5 minutes the 6 pm ride was better at 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Last edited:
We went to the EPCOT (every person comes out tired) yesterday but were back at UO today the 2 pm virtual ride was backed up to the amphitheater and was on like for 2 hours and 5 minutes the 6 pm ride was better at 1 hour and 45 minutes.

yep we had a 6:30 yesterday almost backed up to the theater and it was 1:30. We have 8pm tonight hoping for better. Capacity was reached at both parks today and you could tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter