Had to deal with Line Cutters today

BAck when the 7DMT was new and everyone wanted to ride it, we got into the long line knowing we would be waiting a bit.
When we were about ready to enter the "fenced in" part, a young woman just walked up and stepped in front of us. I told her that the line started way back there, and pointed. She just grinned at me and stayed in line.
I could have told the CM when we finally got to the ride, but felt it wasn't worth it.
However, it still irritates me that someone feels so entitled!

BAck when the 7DMT was new and everyone wanted to ride it, we got into the long line knowing we would be waiting a bit.
When we were about ready to enter the "fenced in" part, a young woman just walked up and stepped in front of us. I told her that the line started way back there, and pointed. She just grinned at me and stayed in line.
I could have told the CM when we finally got to the ride, but felt it wasn't worth it.
However, it still irritates me that someone feels so entitled!
I have to agree. Something tells me that these same line jumpers we are all against would not be so welcoming to a line jumper. When my 6'5" son was very small, he said he thought we ought to go up ahead with them when they jumped the line and then once they stopped, step immediately ahead of them, as though we were at the front of their group. While I was proud of his GENIUS idea, I then acted surprised at his wanting to one up someone and taught him a lesson that sometimes doing "right" wasn't always the fun thing, but it was always the "right thing"--even though I TOTALLY thought he was brilliant and secretly have thought about doing it for years.8-)

I have to agree. Something tells me that these same line jumpers we are all against would not be so welcoming to a line jumper. When my 6'5" son was very small, he said he thought we ought to go up ahead with them when they jumped the line and then once they stopped, step immediately ahead of them, as though we were at the front of their group. While I was proud of his GENIUS idea, I then acted surprised at his wanting to one up someone and taught him a lesson that sometimes doing "right" wasn't always the fun thing, but it was always the "right thing"--even though I TOTALLY thought he was brilliant and secretly have thought about doing it for years.8-)
I'm just about positive that those who are out there jumping lines are probably some of the first to speak up if someone tried to jump in front of them. That's the exact type that would not think twice about doing it but cry the loudest if it's done to them. You don't go around cutting lines without carrying around a pretty big since of "me first" entitlement and you can be certain that it also comes with "you aren't going to take anything away from me" sense of entitlement too.

Will look for you on a viral video one day. It’s not a case of standing up for yourself at all. It’s a case of being wise enough to know the type you are dealing with and what the outcome of confronting that type usually is. When the person you say that to says nope then you’ve got yourself a good old stand off. If someone is a big enough jerk to cut lines I doubt they will suddenly back down and be nice cause you said so. They’d be jerks about it
I agree here. Generally, I’m willing to stand up for myself to the point where if someone wants to take it to actually fighting I’m ok with that. However, I’m not trying to spend 10 grand and be banned for life in front of my kids so I’m more likely to let it go

A few years back we were waiting i the Expedition Everest line and two people ahead of us notified the line that their group was coming up to join them. Sure enough, here comes a group of 25 or 30 kids all wearing the same red shirt to join their group leaders waiting in line for them. I mean, that pushed everyone back by two trains. Not cool.
I don't like letting people go in front of me - my group got in line together, yours should have done the same. I will grump about it, but I'm not likely to get too confrontational. Not because I'm avoiding the confrontation mind you; but because as a previous poster said, I'd rather avoid being internet infamous.
Their own virtual que.

I fall on the side of not letting them through.
We have to follow Disney's rules while on site. Disney has a posted rule about only joining a queue if your entire party is together, so that is what everyone has to do.
Is it posted in the park or on the website? Not that the line jumpers care even if you show them in black and white.
A few years back we were waiting i the Expedition Everest line and two people ahead of us notified the line that their group was coming up to join them. Sure enough, here comes a group of 25 or 30 kids all wearing the same red shirt to join their group leaders waiting in line for them. I mean, that pushed everyone back by two trains. Not cool.
I don't like letting people go in front of me - my group got in line together, yours should have done the same. I will grump about it, but I'm not likely to get too confrontational. Not because I'm avoiding the confrontation mind you; but because as a previous poster said, I'd rather avoid being internet infamous.
A whole school group? Wow. I would have had a hard time with that one. Setting a super bad example for those kids.
THAT is when I tell the 2 tall males in my family "I TOLD YOU TO GET IN FRONT OF THEM and not let them pass!"
I heard Gandalf in my head after reading this. lol "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

I had a confrontation with another guest once, and it rattled me. For the next two hours, I thought of nothing but that confrontation and it ruined part of my day. It wasn't worth it, and I would avoid this trouble if it ever presented itself again. It wasn't line-cutting, and I'm not sure I even remember what the issue was, but I do remember a very rude man, yelling over something stupid :rolleyes2

Well ! Their kindergarten teachers did not teach them the first rule in life
No cutting allowed !
But once I stopped somebody and then realized they would be right behind me for the entire length of that line … I was so stressed I had to get out of the line !
Never again
Just gonna
let it go but will sing that song to myself now whenever this happens to me. Besides I believe in Kharma What goes around comes around .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter