Had to deal with Line Cutters today

JodyLynC

DIS Veteran
While at Toy Story land at HS today, we had to deal with line cutters. I said that their party member ahead could come back and join them rather than cutting ahead of others. They became rather insulting at that point when I refused to let them by. The biggest surprise was that they were Brits!! British people are usually well known for strictly following Queue rules.

While at Toy Story land at HS today, we had to deal with line cutters. I said that their party member ahead could come back and join them rather than cutting ahead of others. They became rather insulting at that point when I refused to let them by. The biggest surprise was that they were Brits!! British people are usually well known for strictly following Queue rules.
We always keep our group together. I mind less when one person is catching up to a group, but it is very annoying when one person races ahead and then 5 people decide to cut the line to join them. Happens frequently enough but I don’t try to prevent them. Don’t want to end up in someone’s viral video of Disney world fights.

As the parks were packed last week, we saw more times than ever of 1 or 2 getting in line and then a mass of people joining them later in the line. Annoying, yes. worth confronting? For us, no as as additional wait of 1 minute for their group doesn't really matter.

We had 16 people join a couple a ways in front of us on Minnie Mickey runaway railway when it was a long outside line in a maze during Covid days. It really ticked me off but Disney did not care at all. The employees watched it happen and watched everyone getting frustrated with the family but did nothing. They do not police that for the most part. Now cedar point has a number to text and you can even send a photo of the line jumpers and they will remove them most of the time. At Disney I now just let it go. I try to keep myself in my happy state of mind.

I fall on the side of not letting them through.
We have to follow Disney's rules while on site. Disney has a posted rule about only joining a queue if your entire party is together, so that is what everyone has to do.

Just like smoking in the parks, buckling safety harnesses, bringing in alcohol to the parks, asking for permission for short children to get by the height measure, or any other policy - regardless of where you fall on the issue, we have to abide by Disney's policy.

We have to follow Disney's rules while on site. Disney has a posted rule about only joining a queue if your entire party is together, so that is what everyone has to do.

Just like smoking in the parks, buckling safety harnesses, bringing in alcohol to the parks, asking for permission for short children to get by the height measure, or any other policy - regardless of where you fall on the issue, we have to abide by Disney's policy.
Abide by the Disney policy, sure. Guests are all supposed to follow Disney policy. Totally in agreement there.
However, are guests the ones who are tasked to enforce Disney policy?
That's the question here.
Not sure other guests have the authority to enforce Disney policy.
Not really.
Not when met with resistance.
Because really, what are you going to do?
When someone breaks rules, and they know darn good and well they are breaking the rules when they do it, do you really think they give a darn what you say?
It's a good way to get yourself on viral video.

You can attempt to block them but if they push past you exactly what do you/can you do?

One thing to keep in mind, letting it go is a far cry from liking/agreeing with it. It's just usually the wiser choice. Because the guest does not have authority here.

You had me until you mentioned alcohol in the parks. :drinking1

I think there is a grey area - like I would never be upset at someone leaving a line temporarily with an overstimulated child to come back in 10-15 minutes - but when you have one person in line who "saves a spot" for their entire extended family, that doesn't fly.

But I have tried to stop people, and as a middle aged lady I just get laughed at usually. If my 6'3" husband is with me, it is a different story though. He can just body block people.

A few years back we were waiting i the Expedition Everest line and two people ahead of us notified the line that their group was coming up to join them. Sure enough, here comes a group of 25 or 30 kids all wearing the same red shirt to join their group leaders waiting in line for them. I mean, that pushed everyone back by two trains. Not cool.
I don't like letting people go in front of me - my group got in line together, yours should have done the same. I will grump about it, but I'm not likely to get too confrontational. Not because I'm avoiding the confrontation mind you; but because as a previous poster said, I'd rather avoid being internet infamous.

While in line for toy story mania last week there was a group of 4 people trying to meet up with their group ahead (at this point we were one switchback away from Mr. Potato Head). Someone said out loud that they fit in one car so no need to be with the party they were supposedly meeting up with, but no one really protested or blocked them from advancing.

As the parks were packed last week, we saw more times than ever of 1 or 2 getting in line and then a mass of people joining them later in the line. Annoying, yes. worth confronting? For us, no as as additional wait of 1 minute for their group doesn't really matter.
I'm with you, it's not worth the aggravation, but I will say that I had season passes for SFMM for a while. The most popular ride at the time would have a line that was easy to jump as it stretched back down a hill. We went one time and the line at the bottom of the hill was an hour. We went weeks later, same length line but they were handing out numbered tickets to discourage line jumpers - we waited 20 minutes.

LSS - still not worth the aggravation, but it's not just an added minute, especially when the standby line is already being bypassed by the G+ line.

I always say let my 6'1 husband and 6'5" son take the lead on this, but their lead is always "let them go. it isn't worth getting banned from the parks over." I will grouse loudly though if it is more than a parent and a child or 2 and they better both be under the age of 10 and have bladder control issues... When it is a group of teens or more than a parent with littles, I grouse. If it is a parent and littles, I get that. I have been there done that only we always got out of the line as a family and got back in. I grouse because I have been in line for something and the large group passes, gets on and then before my turn, the ride breaks/is closed for weather/show is over for th e day and I don't get on/in. THAT is when I tell the 2 tall males in my family "I TOLD YOU TO GET IN FRONT OF THEM and not let them pass!" LOL Disney really needs to get a handle on this. Line jumpers happens more, I have found, at DW parks than at DL parks. People are hot, not used to the smothering humidity and they get testy if confronted and prefer to not stand in that line and miss something else while they stand there. I fear this new Genie+ system is the main reason they have never addressed the line jumpers and now people will want to purchase as line jumpers get worse and worse.

I went in June, and I got cut in front of every day, people just pushed by me. I was dealing with a kid having an issue in the MMRR line, and we were physically blocking someone trying to pass me to cut, and they got short with me, as if us standing where we are supposed to be was the issue. Behavior is getting worse. I don't remember seeing this before Covid. I let it go because I'm not in a physical position to stop it, and it's rare enough I can ignore it. Maybe once a day.

I think this goes with the price increases and the complexity of all of it. It's just too much and it's so expensive, and people feel entitled to get their money's worth.

Disagree with the let it go sentiment. Stand up for yourself. Tell them no. Tell them they can go get a CM to sort it out.
As someone earlier posted, life is short, I don't want to spend it waiting in line while several poeple skip ahead of me.
Will look for you on a viral video one day. It’s not a case of standing up for yourself at all. It’s a case of being wise enough to know the type you are dealing with and what the outcome of confronting that type usually is. When the person you say that to says nope then you’ve got yourself a good old stand off. If someone is a big enough jerk to cut lines I doubt they will suddenly back down and be nice cause you said so. They’d be jerks about it

Will look for you on a viral video one day. It’s not a case of standing up for yourself at all. It’s a case of being wise enough to know the type you are dealing with and what the outcome of confronting that type usually is. When the person you say that to says nope then you’ve got yourself a good old stand off. If someone is a big enough jerk to cut lines I doubt they will suddenly back down and be nice cause you said so. They’d be jerks about it
With all the crazy stuff going on in the world, that would be my concern as well. And just not worth the risk for a few less minutes in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter