• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grumpy, his wife and their son Goofy dine at the World -- Updated 220 & 232(Pg 15&16)

The breakfast at Kona looks really good!!!! We've ate there for lunch and dinner (which we really enjoyed) but never breakfast. I have to make an adr there one of these days!!!!!! I lauged to myself when I read you wanted your bacon crispy. :rotfl2: I thought perhaps you wouldn't even get any since Disney bacon is just ick ick ick.

We also love The Plaza!!!! Their french fries are soooooo yummy. Sorry you were to full to enjoy dessert. I never turn down dessert especially ice cream. :)

DaRuMa looks like it was a great time too! We have only ate at one Japanese style place and that was Teppen Edo in Epcot. We really enjoy it but I do need to investiage in another type of restaurant like this around here.

Thanks for sharing all your reviews. Have a wonderful holiday season!!!!!!

I didn't know you were doing a dining report!!!! Subbing! :cool1: Of course, I can't even try to read this one without being at home. what's a dining review without pictures!

Love the Plaza! On our last trip, I had the turkey club sandwich and that thing is soooo good! My stomach started to grumble as I was looking at your picture of it. :lmao:

And the hibachi dinner looks like it was really good, also. Ed & I love a good Japanese hibachi restaurant!

The Plaza has become a traditional last meal of ours -- the best french fries at Disney in our opinion.

Tonga Toast - I miss that stuff so much! I'm glad Mark liked it.

And wow that chicken sandwich at The Plaza looks good, as does the turkey club. I've always overlooked that place (even though I'm not a huge fan of any other TS location in MK), but maybe it's time to give it a try. :goodvibes

Great reviews! The hibachi in Naples looks really tasty. I'll keep it in mind if we ever make it to another part of Florida (we always want to, but it never happens). :lmao:

Thanks, Donald. The Plaza is a nice change of pace after all the heavy meals we eat; I'm not a big eater to begin with (I'm more of a snacker) and it's nice to have "simple" food for a change.

We used to do Daytona once in awhile after Disney. And then we met Nicki and it is now a must do trip twice a year to Naples. :goodvibes

Any luck on the car front? Did you decide to wait until Spring or are you gonna pop on one now?

I am so glad you finally got to Kona, we just love that place and now I love it even more because they have pumpkin pancakes on the seasonal menu! Told you the pressed pot of 100% Kona coffee is to die for, we did have two pots and I was in coffee heaven!

Mark and Todd are so much alike, he loves the TT too, he is also a banana freak and he is bugging me to make a banana bread...like making a pumpkin gingerbread the other day is just not enough right?

I am so jealous of your club sandwich, as you know from our dinner at the Boathouse, that is my favorite sandwich!

I know its your last day but I know where you are headed so I am very happy...just wish you were heading here now!

Yum..DaRuMa....Guess who wants to eat their on our anniversary? Yup, Todd.....I told him I want to go a little fancier for our 15th anniversary and his answer? So wear a dress

OY!

Well, you now know that we got a car yesterday.

You and your pumpkin. We were at dinner last night and they had a pumpkin cheesecake and, of course, Romeo shouted: "Nicki should be here!" See, you are always in our thoughts.

Yes, it was our last day at Disney...but definitely going to our other "happy" place makes it a little easier to leave Disney.

Toddleduck...you crack me up. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Too bad about your meal at Le Cellier. There is nothing worse than spending that kind of money and walking away dissapointed. To be honest, when we ate there last winter, I didn't think it was that great. Our food was super salty.

So glad you enjoyed Kona! Can't wait to finally get there in February!

The food was good, just not for the price. I love salt and my doctor has actually encouraged me to eat more of it, but I never found it too salty.

Great pics at the Plaza. One of our favorites! It was interesting to see the toasted club. Did you ask for the toast done well, or is that how it came out?

I know you are a big Plaza lover. We did not request it that way, but it was good!

I was just thinking about how our last ADR is going to be such a heavy meal and then I read what you had to say regarding the Plaza. That totally makes sense. A lighter meal...but still super good with good service. :thumbsup2

You should give it a try some time...it's really tasty. I just wish I had room for dessert because they are :worship:

Plaza sounds and looks yummy! :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing pics of your favourite meal at Naples...it looks good. Looking forward to hearing which restaurant was your most favourite at Disney :goodvibes

Tanz, you should add the Plaza for your 2013 trip.

What cute photos of you guys with Nicki and Todd!

Mmmm I can't wait to try Tonga Toast one day. So much food.....so little time and stomach space! :rotfl2:

Thanks, we love those two goofs!

I don't eat bananas (had to eat one every day I was pregnant with my second child and now can't stand the smell of them. But Mark really loved the Tonga toast.

The breakfast at Kona looks really good!!!! We've ate there for lunch and dinner (which we really enjoyed) but never breakfast. I have to make an adr there one of these days!!!!!! I lauged to myself when I read you wanted your bacon crispy. :rotfl2: I thought perhaps you wouldn't even get any since Disney bacon is just ick ick ick.

We also love The Plaza!!!! Their french fries are soooooo yummy. Sorry you were to full to enjoy dessert. I never turn down dessert especially ice cream. :)

DaRuMa looks like it was a great time too! We have only ate at one Japanese style place and that was Teppen Edo in Epcot. We really enjoy it but I do need to investiage in another type of restaurant like this around here.

Thanks for sharing all your reviews. Have a wonderful holiday season!!!!!!

It was hard ordering the bacon, but I'm not a big sausage lover. One of these days I hope Disney gets it right. The Plaza rocks in our opinion. DaRuMa is always good and I'm so glad Nicki and Todd introduced us to it.

Thanks for joining in, and I Hope you have a wonderful holiday season too.

I didn't know you were doing a dining report!!!! Subbing! :cool1: Of course, I can't even try to read this one without being at home. what's a dining review without pictures!

Yep, I've been doing these for three years. They are fun and if they can help someone else, it is a good thing.

First, thank you all for joining in. Although I am certainly not entertaining like Nicki's dining reviews, I enjoy letting everyone know what we thought of our meals.

So here is the final order of the preference of our meals:

Counter Service:

1) Earl of Sandwich (loved this and now on the list for a repeat
2) Flame Tree (always a good meal)
3) Writers Shop (great hidden spot with good breakfast items)
4) Cosmic Rays (have never had a really bad meal here and a good variety)
5) Sommerfest (Mark) (good bratwurst and better beer)
6) Sunshine Seasons (disappointed I couldn't get the kids french toast platter)
7) Tangierine Cafe (I just did not like the food much at all)

Sit down restaurants:

1) Kona (awesome breakfast and definitely will be back)
2) Raglan Road (great food and beer)
3) Plaza (always good, simple food and best french fries in all of Disney)
4) Olivia's Cafe (surprise of the trip...really good and can't wait to try breakfast in January)
5) Crystal Palace (always good, great characters and, of course, puffed french toast -- we will be back)
6) LeCellier (food okay, but upset with substitute options and not worth the high price this year)

Thanks again for joining. Now, I need to finish my Trip Report...and I'm only on Day 4 of 7 at Disney, and then the week at Marco.

First, thank you all for joining in. Although I am certainly not entertaining like Nicki's dining reviews, I enjoy letting everyone know what we thought of our meals.

So here is the final order of the preference of our meals:

Counter Service:

1) Earl of Sandwich (loved this and now on the list for a repeat
2) Flame Tree (always a good meal)
3) Writers Shop (great hidden spot with good breakfast items)
4) Cosmic Rays (have never had a really bad meal here and a good variety)
5) Sommerfest (Mark) (good bratwurst and better beer)
6) Sunshine Seasons (disappointed I couldn't get the kids french toast platter)
7) Tangierine Cafe (I just did not like the food much at all)

Sit down restaurants:

1) Kona (awesome breakfast and definitely will be back)
2) Raglan Road (great food and beer)
3) Plaza (always good, simple food and best french fries in all of Disney)
4) Olivia's Cafe (surprise of the trip...really good and can't wait to try breakfast in January)
5) Crystal Palace (always good, great characters and, of course, puffed french toast -- we will be back)
6) LeCellier (food okay, but upset with substitute options and not worth the high price this year)

Thanks again for joining. Now, I need to finish my Trip Report...and I'm only on Day 4 of 7 at Disney, and then the week at Marco)

Thanks for breaking it down! :thumbsup2

Thank you for sharing the reviews Kathy - they have been a great read! :goodvibes

Love the wrap up and looking forward to the rest of your TR.

Thank you Kathy! It is a great dining review! Definitey added a few places I didn't know about to my list!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for breaking it down! :thumbsup2

My pleasure, Ann. I hope they hoped in some small way.

Thank you for sharing the reviews Kathy - they have been a great read! :goodvibes

Love the wrap up and looking forward to the rest of your TR.

Thanks, Tanz. I enjoyed doing them.

Thank you Kathy! It is a great dining review! Definitey added a few places I didn't know about to my list!! :thumbsup2

Amy, glad it might have alerted you to some new places to try and/or add.

Okay You ate at Carol's alltime favorite restaurant !!!I have had the paddy's pork and agree with Mark!!I have yet to have the fish and chips as the Cowder kepps calling me everytime and I am hard pushed to try something else !!Their desserts are heavenly!! The baileys cheesecake and the Raspberry dessert being my favs !!

Okay Boma for breakfast is another fav !!The juice and the sausage are my favs !! Okay going back to read some more!!!!!

Okay You ate at Carol's alltime favorite restaurant !!!I have had the paddy's pork and agree with Mark!!I have yet to have the fish and chips as the Cowder kepps calling me everytime and I am hard pushed to try something else !!Their desserts are heavenly!! The baileys cheesecake and the Raspberry dessert being my favs !!

Okay Boma for breakfast is another fav !!The juice and the sausage are my favs !! Okay going back to read some more!!!!!

Kathy I am such a "dork" I had subbed to this !!!:rotfl2:

Rosie, you are not a dork. :)

Mark really liked that paddy's pork a lot and wants to go back next September.

The juice at Boma is one of my favorite things in all restaurants at Disney. :goodvibes

Thanks for posting the link on your TR...I found it :)

Great reviews. I only have two of your choices planned for our trip (Earl and Kona) and I'm glad to see you liked them both. The biggest problem I can see with Disney is that there are just too many places to eat! How am I supposed to fit all those yummy places into just 7 days?! Maybe if I don't sleep I will need to eat more :thumbsup2

Great reviews. I only have two of your choices planned for our trip (Earl and Kona) and I'm glad to see you liked them both. The biggest problem I can see with Disney is that there are just too many places to eat! How am I supposed to fit all those yummy places into just 7 days?! Maybe if I don't sleep I will need to eat more :thumbsup2

I agree! :worship:
:lmao::rotfl2:

Thanks for the summary!

I'd like to try Reglan Road sometime and LeCellier (lunch).

You should give both of them a try, but only lunch for LeCellier.

I'm so happy that Raglan Road made number 2 on your list! :banana:

Kelly, we were very impressed and it is on the list for next September.

I cannot say enough good things about Earl and Kona...both were excellent and we will be back to both next September.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Sleep, what's sleep?

HiHo Kathy! I made it back over to your dining review. Sorry to hear that Tangerine was not so great. Is that a TS in Morrocco or a CS? I remember eating in Morroco in '07 and loving it, but have not been back.

I LOL at your double pina colada for dinner. who cares what the entree was when you had two yummy tastes of the tropics:rotfl2: though that burger does look particularly yummy.

Are the sandwiches HUGe at the plaza, or is it just the perspective? I sort of blew over the Plaza when I saw it was burgers (we really lost the taste for burgers once we started looking at the nutritional facts:sick:) but that sandwich looks delish!

Your meal at Le Cellier does sound disappointing. I had also pretty much decided the LC would only be a lunch option if an option at all. with so many places to pick from in Epcot, we usually do cs lunch or a snack, and then a sit down dinner when we are tired from walking all day.

You hit a few places we have not tried, so the write ups are much appreciated. that Tonga toast looks AWESOME! DH loves bananas big time so I may have to work in a sit down breakfast (we usually do light breakfast)

Are you reviewing restaurants on Marco Island as well? I remember your fun dinner at the hibachi grill from your last trip -- it does look like fun and good food though the company has as much to do with that as the food!

Gosh, I had so much to catch up on!
You have done a great job, I've loved reading your reviews and you've given me lots more things to add to my list :)

Wendesday, September 28

We were supposed to go to Rose & Crown this evening. But while playing on the dining site, I found an opening at LeCellier. As Andy has been to Rose & Crown a number of times and had NEVER been to LeCellier. How could I not? I wish we had been on the dining plan this year since it is now a Signature Restaurant. But not knowing when Andy would be coming back with us or by himself, I didn't want to pass up this opportunity and sucked up the fact that I would paying big bucks for this meal.

We had a 4:25 ADR at LeCellier and arrived around 4:20 p.m. to check in:

Day6121.jpg

We were seated almost immediately as they were just underway with serving dinner. I did a really bad job this trip of remembering the names of the CM's helping us, etc. But I remember we had a lovely young woman who was very helpful.

As I knew I would be getting a Slush or two later, I just went with a Diet Coke as did Mark; Andy stuck with water.

The brought out the bread and this was the first disappointment of the night. It was not served as it had been in the past -- thinner pieces and no offers of refills. As much as I always loved the pretzel bread, the sourdough in the past had always been my favorite. This time I thought the sourdough was fair at best, and the pretzel bread was just okay (I've had better at the local German restaurant).

Day6128.jpg

I had talked up the soup so much that I really thought Andy would pour it over my head if he did not like it. Luckily, he is his Mother's son, and he too loved the Canadain Cheddar Cheese soup.

Day6129.jpg

I had the filet. I do not like mushrooms so did not want the risotto. Therefore, I got the herb-parmesan potato wedges. This was disappointment number two: I could not get my beloved Cream Cheese mashed potatos as a substitute...you can now only get these at lunch time.

The filet was cooked perfectly and was very tender; the potato wedges were okay...nothing special and there was only four on the plate.

Day6130.jpg

Mark and Andy had the Medallion of Beef Tenderloin with the pommes frites (french fries).

Mark and Andy both said this was very good...not too salty and flavorful. Neither one of them cared for the fries at all.

Day6131.jpg

I had my heart set on my all-time favorite Disney dessert -- the Chocolate on Chocolate Whiskey Cake. Here came disappointment number three: you cannot get it at dinner, only at lunch. Nothing else on the menu appealed to me, and the guys knew they would be stopping in a few countries for drinks, so we skipped dessert. However, since our anniversary was noted on the ADR, they brought us out a free dessert:

Day6132.jpg

Andy and his dad nibbled at the dessert.

On a scale of 1-10, I give LeCellier a 6. It is definitely not worthy of a "signature restaurant" or the prices that they charge for their steaks. For the $173 we paid for this meal (and no drinks and no desserts paid for), it was not worth it in my opinion.

If we go back in the next year or two, we will definitely go at lunch time. If we want a steak dinner, we will go to Shula's (which Nicki just reviewed and said was awesome) or Yachtsman which we have never tried.

And for those of you on the fence or who have been there before, the CM informed us that there is a new chef and the receipe for the Cream Cheese Mashed Potatos and the Chocolate on Chocolate Whiskey Cake have been changed.

Up next, our last two meals at the World: Kona and The Plaza

HI Great thread. I can NOT believe that is all the bacon that they put in that soup!!! I mean GIVE ME A BREAK! LOL!!! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter