• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grumpy, his wife and their son Goofy dine at the World -- Updated 220 & 232(Pg 15&16)

We've done dinner at Kona (which was great) but never breakfast. The breakfast sounds really good, especially the Tonga Toast. I may have to make room for a breakfast there on our next trip.

A few years back, Starbucks was showcasing their french press (or at least one they had in the store.) It was pre via and so it was a quick way to get a pot of coffee (well, okay a couple cups). I have been pretty impressed with the coffee it makes. I suspect it is similar to what you had at Kona.

I am glad this meal was better than the one you had at LC. :thumbsup2

That Kona breakfast looks amazing, we have only been for dinner a couple of times.

I'm glad you FINALLY made it to Kona. I've only been telling you to go there for years! :lmao:

I'm glad it didn't let you down. :thumbsup2

So weird about your check in there... I feel like I have drama everytime I check in there too. :confused3

Isn't the pressed pot so good? I don't even like coffee, but I can drink a whole pressed pot to my head! I don't think Andy had orange juice. That looks like the lilikoi juice. I could drink a gallon of that- and I think I did at 'Ohana breakfast. :rotfl2:

Next time you need to try the macadamia nut pancakes... Those are da bomb. pixiedust:

well if its omlettes and crispy bacon you like, come on over, i make the best omlettes this side of the mississippi...and bacon.

mine is hands down the best people have ever eaten, ill send you a pic next time.

i get it from a butcher in anderson IN and have it smoked/cured just right, a little thick cut and fried up it is heavenly.

might have to make some this weekend.
:thumbsup2

the flavor is so good that family who doesnt eat bacon will only eat this bacon.

::yes:: i see bacon in my future for sure now, thanks for making my stomach rumble.
:laughing:

I asked for my bacon to be extra crispy (the way I like it) in the hopes it would be better than the bacon I've had at Disney in the past. Unfortunately, I don't think they know what "crispy" means at Disney.

I have been know to tell resturants ( everywhere not just Disney ) to BURN the bacon just so I can get it crispy enough. Disney wont burn it for me either. :lmao:

::yes:: i see bacon in my future for sure now, thanks for making my stomach rumble.

Now my stomach is rumbling and I already had lunch. :rolleyes:

Great review of Kona, Kathy. As you know we went for dinner but the coffee pot alone would make me want to return for breakfast! That and the Tonga Toast would be a great way to start the day :cloud9:

We've done dinner at Kona (which was great) but never breakfast. The breakfast sounds really good, especially the Tonga Toast. I may have to make room for a breakfast there on our next trip.

Amanda, if you can fit it in, I would definitely do Kona for breakfast...we really enjoyed it.

A few years back, Starbucks was showcasing their french press (or at least one they had in the store.) It was pre via and so it was a quick way to get a pot of coffee (well, okay a couple cups). I have been pretty impressed with the coffee it makes. I suspect it is similar to what you had at Kona.

I am glad this meal was better than the one you had at LC. :thumbsup2

Ann, I remember when Starbucks had that at the store. I'm getting a little "fed" up with Starbucks; I was told by one of the workers today that there prices are going up again!

Kona was really, really good.

Thanks for the Le Cellier review. Will definately go for lunch if we ever get there.

Good idea!

That Kona breakfast looks amazing, we have only been for dinner a couple of times.

I'd like to try dinner one of these times.

I'm glad you FINALLY made it to Kona. I've only been telling you to go there for years! :lmao:

I'm glad it didn't let you down. :thumbsup2

So weird about your check in there... I feel like I have drama everytime I check in there too. :confused3

Isn't the pressed pot so good? I don't even like coffee, but I can drink a whole pressed pot to my head! I don't think Andy had orange juice. That looks like the lilikoi juice. I could drink a gallon of that- and I think I did at 'Ohana breakfast. :rotfl2:

Next time you need to try the macadamia nut pancakes... Those are da bomb. pixiedust:

Nope, it was definitely the orange juice...it might just be the color from my camera.

Kona definitely did NOT let us down, although I could have done without the drama at check in.

I don't like macadamia nuts (or any nuts for that matter...well, except Marv, of course), but Mark does and said he'd like to try those next time.

I could have had two pots of that coffee by myself.

Glad you enjoyed your Kona breakfast! It's one of our favorites. :)

Thanks...I'm so glad we finally got there.

well if its omlettes and crispy bacon you like, come on over, i make the best omlettes this side of the mississippi...and bacon.

mine is hands down the best people have ever eaten, ill send you a pic next time.

i get it from a butcher in anderson IN and have it smoked/cured just right, a little thick cut and fried up it is heavenly.

might have to make some this weekend.
:thumbsup2

the flavor is so good that family who doesnt eat bacon will only eat this bacon.

Oh my...that sounds good. What time is breakfast on Sunday?

I have been know to tell resturants ( everywhere not just Disney ) to BURN the bacon just so I can get it crispy enough. Disney wont burn it for me either. :lmao:

I don't know why they can't cook it the way you ask. :confused3:confused3

Great review of Kona, Kathy. As you know we went for dinner but the coffee pot alone would make me want to return for breakfast! That and the Tonga Toast would be a great way to start the day :cloud9:

I definitely want to go back and have that coffee again. And I want to try dinner too.

Kona is on my To do list for breakfast !!I want the Big Kahuna !!!!I think I might neeed to share it though , it sounds like a lot of food !!!

So this brings us to our last meal at Disney. It has become a tradition for us to have our last meal at the Plaza Restaurant. We find it a refreshing change of pace after all the heavy meals we normally eat.

So we headed to the Plaza for our 1:45 ADR:

Day7134.jpg

Andy had water and the Grilled Chicken Sandwich which was a grilled chicken breast topped with shaved ham and Swiss cheese and served ona kasier roll:

Day7141.jpg

Mark and I had a diet coke and we both ordered the turkey club -- Mark had his with chips and I had mine with french fries and we shared the sides:

Day7142.jpg

Day7143.jpg

As always the sandwiches were fresh and tasty, but huge. Mark and I really should consider sharing in the future. We were both too full to even order dessert this year.

On a scale of 1 to 10, we give the Plaza an 8 for consistency on the sandwiches and friendly service.

Day7140.jpg

As a little bonus, I will tell you what our favorite meal of the trip was. And it was NOT at Disney. It was in Naples at:

Day8039.jpg

This has become a MUST DO meal when we go to Marco Island and have dinner with our bestest friends, Nicki and Todd (MickeyNicki here on the DIS). We have now dined here three times and have never had a bad meal. Here are a few pictures:

Day8045.jpg

Day8051.jpg

Day8052.jpg

Day8053.jpg

Our son Andy with Nicki and Todd:

Day8056.jpg

Mark and I with Nicki and Todd:

Day8054.jpg

I will come back and list our meals from favorite to least favorite.

Love the Plaza! On our last trip, I had the turkey club sandwich and that thing is soooo good! My stomach started to grumble as I was looking at your picture of it. :lmao:

And the hibachi dinner looks like it was really good, also. Ed & I love a good Japanese hibachi restaurant!

Tonga Toast - I miss that stuff so much! I'm glad Mark liked it.

And wow that chicken sandwich at The Plaza looks good, as does the turkey club. I've always overlooked that place (even though I'm not a huge fan of any other TS location in MK), but maybe it's time to give it a try. :goodvibes

Great reviews! The hibachi in Naples looks really tasty. I'll keep it in mind if we ever make it to another part of Florida (we always want to, but it never happens). :lmao:

Any luck on the car front? Did you decide to wait until Spring or are you gonna pop on one now?

I am so glad you finally got to Kona, we just love that place and now I love it even more because they have pumpkin pancakes on the seasonal menu! Told you the pressed pot of 100% Kona coffee is to die for, we did have two pots and I was in coffee heaven!

Mark and Todd are so much alike, he loves the TT too, he is also a banana freak and he is bugging me to make a banana bread...like making a pumpkin gingerbread the other day is just not enough right?

I am so jealous of your club sandwich, as you know from our dinner at the Boathouse, that is my favorite sandwich!

I know its your last day but I know where you are headed so I am very happy...just wish you were heading here now!

Yum..DaRuMa....Guess who wants to eat their on our anniversary? Yup, Todd.....I told him I want to go a little fancier for our 15th anniversary and his answer? So wear a dress

OY!

All I can say about the Writer's stop is ....... :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Ann, if you go there - try the carrot cake cookie! :cloud9:

I totally agree...so glad we sought this place out back in July!

Too bad about your meal at Le Cellier. There is nothing worse than spending that kind of money and walking away dissapointed. To be honest, when we ate there last winter, I didn't think it was that great. Our food was super salty.

So glad you enjoyed Kona! Can't wait to finally get there in February!

Great pics at the Plaza. One of our favorites! It was interesting to see the toasted club. Did you ask for the toast done well, or is that how it came out?

I was just thinking about how our last ADR is going to be such a heavy meal and then I read what you had to say regarding the Plaza. That totally makes sense. A lighter meal...but still super good with good service. :thumbsup2

Plaza sounds and looks yummy! :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing pics of your favourite meal at Naples...it looks good. Looking forward to hearing which restaurant was your most favourite at Disney :goodvibes

What cute photos of you guys with Nicki and Todd!

Mmmm I can't wait to try Tonga Toast one day. So much food.....so little time and stomach space! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter