Greetings From England !! Updated 5/6 - Mission Completed - The Votes Are In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Linda ... thought I'd let you know I'm reading too ... bring on the demon drinks!!! :rotfl2:

Yummy yummy yummy! Thanks for the first review, and the many more to come!

But now I want a Lapu Lapu, and I've never tried one before!!!! :scared1: I am trying to convince my BFF that we want to go to WDW for one night for her birthday next month, and I know that as soon as I tell her about this, we'll be at the Poly bar as soon as it opens!! :drinking1

And what a cute picture of you and your hubby! I have to say, looking at it and reading your "age" (which I still don't believe), I'm not nervous about 30 anymore!!!

Great reviews so far !

Plus, I have to chime in with the others... I can't *believe* that you are both in your 40's ! You're both so slender ! It's easy to tell you weren't raised on an American diet ! :rotfl:

I'm in! Can't wait to read your reviews and see those yummy pics! :)

:cheer2: Hello and Welcome :cheer2:

That's what I was thinking as well. 42 isn't old by any means, but the OP looks so much younger than that
I can't wait to read more of your review and would like to read your reviews of the off-property restaurants as well.

Thanks, seems people are interested in some on the off property restaurants so I will post a few reviews :thumbsup2

I'm in Linda, fab start, and there's no way you're 42!

:banana: Thanks soooo much

Just read your intro and am so on board! Love your sense of humour and it sounds like your hubby and mine share the same thought process in regard to dining and vacation planning. LOL! I'm definitely interested in hearing your thoughts on some of the offsite restaurants so please feel free to post! Looking forward to your reviews!

:cheer2: Thanks for joining in. I will certainly post a few off property reviews

Hi! When in March were you there? We were there the 14-19.

We arrived on the 19th, hope you had a wonderful trip :goodvibes

hey Linda, great start cant wait to read more. :goodvibes

:cheer2: Hello from sunny England :cheer2:

Hi Linda, hopping on board! :) Looking forward to reading more of your food reviews!

Welcome on board :sail:

Great review!!!!! Love the pics.! I want one of the pineapple drinks!!!! I like how you rate the meal as well! We will soon be there!!!!!! My oldest DD is now on here reading away! I think I have created a mini me!!:scared1:

You look great by the way! I will be 40 on the 27!!!!:)

:cool1: Thanks very much and say Hi to your DD :wave2:

hi Linda, enjoying your report, there is something I find so fascinating about English people's points of view when they vacation here! I love to drink the yummy frozen cocktails around World Showcase, especially the Grey Goose slushie from France and the regular lime margarita's from Mexico....I have been known to get over there at 11:00 when they open and get me one, :thumbsup2 but don't tell anyone, ok?

It's our little secret ;)

Joining on and can't wait for more!

Hello and welcome :banana:

:cheer2: Thanks for joining in, I hope you enjoy :cheer2:

Great start Linda!:thumbsup2

Can't wait to read the rest of your reviews! So, is the secret of eternal youth a Lapu Lapu - (*Shari hurries off to make a note to try one in August).

Count me in! I am loving your humor. "Demon Drink" indeed!!!! BRING IT ON. Yes, I recognize the famous pineapple drink from the Poly -- my fav place to stay!! And just LOVE Wishes from the beach!

:rotfl: I laughed our loud when the bartender set it on the bar

Oops, forgot to add I'm all about the Demon Drinks too!:laughing:

party:

Hi Linda, your pictures are great! I am looking forward to more reviews.

:cheer2: Great to have you joining in :cheer2:

Hi Linda ... thought I'd let you know I'm reading too ... bring on the demon drinks!!! :rotfl2:

Just LOVE your reviews :worship:

But now I want a Lapu Lapu, and I've never tried one before!!!! :scared1: I am trying to convince my BFF that we want to go to WDW for one night for her birthday next month, and I know that as soon as I tell her about this, we'll be at the Poly bar as soon as it opens!! :drinking1

And what a cute picture of you and your hubby! I have to say, looking at it and reading your "age" (which I still don't believe), I'm not nervous about 30 anymore!!!

You have to try a Lapu Lapu, tell your BFF that it is the 'Official Birthday Drink' :cool1:

Great reviews so far !

Plus, I have to chime in with the others... I can't *believe* that you are both in your 40's ! You're both so slender ! It's easy to tell you weren't raised on an American diet ! :rotfl:

I've told DH that there is now no point in trading me in for a younger model :rotfl2:

I read that you were in you were in your 40's but wouldn't have even believed it from your pictures. I agree with the PP, you obviously haven't had an American diet!

Joining in! Now I'm following an Aussie and someone from the UK, so interesting to get the international perspective! Love it!

I read that you were in you were in your 40's but wouldn't have even believed it from your pictures. I agree with the PP, you obviously haven't had an American diet!

Joining in! Now I'm following an Aussie and someone from the UK, so interesting to get the international perspective! Love it!

:cheer2: Hello and welcome, I certainly had an American diet whilst on vacation :thumbsup2

[size=+1]After signing up for a Kim Possible Mission at Innoventions we headed over to World Showcase

We slowly worked our way round the world until we ended up in China for our Mission :cool2: This was really good fun and I would definitely recommend it

It was a very hot day and by the time we made it to Italy it was time for some liquid refreshment

Mmmmm, let me think, Italy ……….. what would be good ??

IMG_1422-1.jpg

Rosa Regale ‘sweet sparkling red wine’ from the Tutto Italia Kiosk

As we say in England ‘Cheers !!’

This was delicious

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:: out of popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

DH had a Coke :eek: I wonder about his sanity sometimes

We sat on a bench near the fountain and watched family after family step forward to have their photographs taken. I ended up volunteering to take lots of the photos so that everyone could be in the picture. I think I need to get myself a Photopass uniform !!

So we continued our whistle stop tour of the World, enjoying much of the live entertainment on the way

Oddly we ended up back in Italy with an hour or so to go before our ADR at Tokyo Dining ………………… I wonder why we ended up back here :rolleyes1

The temptation to have another Rosa Regale was strong but I composed myself and decided to try something else ……….. and I’m glad I did :cloud9:

IMG_0043-1.jpg

Bellini ‘peach puree and Prosecco’

DH had a bottle of water :rolleyes:

Again we sat and watched the world go by whilst trying to see how many words in Italian we knew (answer …… not many that didn’t involve Pizza)

As the last drips of Bellini were drained from the glass our stomachs started to shout ‘It’s nearly ADR time’ so off we went

Next up …………. Tokyo Dining ……. Sushi with a view :) [/size]

[size=+1]I forgot to mention that whilst stolling around Canada, DH decided he needed a quick sweet treat :)

IMG_1427-1.jpg

I've never seen one of these before so perhaps one of our Canadian friends can share more info but it put a smile on his face and disappeared really quickly :wizard:[/size]

Oh my goodness that last drink you posted in Italy looks so good. I am adding to my list to try next month.

[size=+1]I forgot to mention that whilst stolling around Canada, DH decided he needed a quick sweet treat :)

IMG_1427-1.jpg

I've never seen one of these before so perhaps one of our Canadian friends can share more info but it put a smile on his face and disappeared really quickly :wizard:[/size]

Mmmmm, Wunderbars are a peanutbutter rice crispy centre surrounded by caramel and coated in chocolate. It is my favourite chocolate bar.

IMG_1427-1.jpg

During the Winter Olympics, the Today Show (the National tv outlet that carried the Olympics for us here in the U.S.), talked about Wunderbars quite frequently . . . I believe it was a favorite Canadian find for many of them!! :flower3:

I never even thought about trying one in Canada at Epcot!!! Can't wait!! :yay:

BTW -- enjoying your reviews!!

[size=+1]So where were we? ……… ahh yes I was sipping a Bellini in Italy and now, without the need for standing in the slowest line in the world at Orlando International Airport Immigration, it was off to Japan !!

This really is one of my favourite spots in World Showcase, I think the gardens look beautiful and the Japanese CMs are so helpful and friendly

There were a couple of reasons for choosing Tokyo Dining for our dinner this evening. Firstly, I love sushi and secondly I was hoping to bag a table near the windows so that we could watch Illuminations from there

When we last visited WDW in 2007 for my 40th Birthday we had lunch at Teppan Edo and really enjoyed it. I proudly wore my birthday pin and everyone made a real fuss of me. I remember the food being really good and whilst it was tempting to head there again we wanted to try somewhere different and the fireworks viewing at TD made it seem even more attractive for a dinner ADR

We checked in about 10 mins before our ADR time and I asked if there was any chance of sitting near the windows. They said that they would see what they could do. There are two dining areas at TD, one of which offers a great view of the sushi bar and is a great way of seeing the sushi chefs at work (a great lunch spot) and the other is at the front of the pavilion and looks out over the lagoon

We wandered around a little outside and right on the time of our ADR our buzzer lit up.

Our server seated us at a really good four top with a superb view of the lagoon so I knew we would get to see the fireworks really clearly. I think if you have never seen Illuminations it’s great to stand outside amongst the crowds and soak up the atmosphere but once you have seem something many times it’s interesting to see it from a different perspective

Anyway, onto the important stuff ……………. ‘what would you like to drink?’

Ooh, how about this …………….

IMG_0058-1.jpg

Now this is where I hang my head in shame, I didn’t note down what was actually in it. I tried to remember to take pictures of everything but I didn’t take a note book out with me :eek: what I can tell you is that it was DELICIOUS. I seem to remember it had white rum and pineapple in it.

I think it has already been established that I enjoy a little drink from time to time but this generally consists of a cold beer on a hot sunny day (that happens about once a year in England !!) and a nice glass of wine or champagne with dinner. One area of adult liquid refreshment I have no knowledge of is cocktails (you tend not to walk into the Queens Head in London and ask for a Mount Fuji !!) But sipping this green glass of loveliness changed all that. From now on I am ordering cocktails at every opportunity!! (My DH looks scared at this point)

Sorry ………… you want to hear about food right?

Here goes:

DH’s appetiser – the mixed Tempura

IMG_0059-1.jpg

He loved this and said that the tempura batter was really light and crisp

I ordered the Edamame

IMG_0060-1.jpg

I eat these a lot at home and really enjoy them, DH thought I was mad ordering ‘a plate of vegetables’ ………… this coming from a man who ordered a glass of coke instead of a Mount Fuji :rotfl2:

Our server bought us hot towels to freshen up with and then our entrees arrived

IMG_0061-1.jpg

We both ended up ordering the same thing. The menu mentioned Conch as part of the platter but the server informed us that they were out and that they were using Eel instead, great news for us as we both love Eel and this actually ended up being our favourite piece. The sushi was fresh and just the right temperature (I hate it when sushi is served too cold) We both really enjoyed our dinner and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it

Just as we were finishing eating the lights dimmed and Illuminations started. The music was piped into the restaurant which was a really nice and unexpected touch

Neither of us felt like desert so we decided to call it a day

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:: out of popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

What a perfect end to our first full day, we headed back to our hotel with huge smiles on our faces ………..

Coming up next ……. Off to Animal Kingdom[/size]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter